Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

look krakoa has created their own Alpha primitives

BANNED

"Flatscans"

Casual racism against an entire people with barely a reprimand; exactly the kind of attitudes I knew were just going to bud. Small town mentality. Glad I dropped this one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    That's not concerning.

Also, those mutant kids basically using the n-word and nonone really cares.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's not concerning.

Right? I remember when people were calling me crazy for reading this whole thing as a straight "Us vs Them" and how "No, of course mutants won't hate humans." But fuckin' look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Pfft, those are most definitely NOT Alpha primitives or analogs to them.

Seriously though, this is fascinating: Seeing not cooperation, trust and understanding taught to young mutants but leverage and scheming taught as the way to secure peace. Also, it is eyebrow raising that we've gone from children using "human" to describe the residents of the outside world to "flatscans". It's interesting to see what sprouts from these seeds in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Pfft, those are most definitely NOT Alpha primitives or analogs to them.

Seriously though, this is fascinating: Seeing not cooperation, trust and understanding taught to young mutants but leverage and scheming taught as the way to secure peace. Also, it is eyebrow raising that we've gone from children using "human" to describe the residents of the outside world to "flatscans". It's interesting to see what sprouts from these seeds in the future.
    Told ya so.

I've seen these kinds of mentalities bud in real life; it's because, having never interacted with people of a different race/religion/ect they view others as sort of 'abstract'--yeah, these people exist, but they aren't here part of 'my' life and, thus, there's no empathy. There's no 'connection' as opposed to someone who, say, does have a friend or relative or is part of a differing group, if that makes sense? It's like a web; you have one friend who you see being hurt by something and, y'know, you become angry because you love 'em. That isn't happening here on Krakoa; humans are basically being painted as just this 'other' entity; it's free game for generalisations to foster.

Basically; nothing good is gonna come from this. It's just gonna lead to more animosity, more wedges being driven between people, rinse and repeat.

Extraordinary Member

And again, sure, maybe Emma doesn't hate people. To Emma, everything is about leverage and how to play people. But the way she's presenting it all to these kids is that, yeah, it's Us vs Them and they are less than us.

That is scary.

That's not concerning.

Y’all.....there are NO WORDS. From henceforth, I really can’t take anything y’all say seriously.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Y’all.....there are NO WORDS. From henceforth, I really can’t take anything y’all say seriously.
    OK, it isn't exactly like the n-word, but close enough for comparison purposes.

BANNED

And again, sure, maybe Emma doesn't hate people. To Emma, everything is about leverage and how to play people. But the way she's presenting it all to these kids is that, yeah, it's Us vs Them and they are less than us.

That is scary.
    Even more sickening when ya realise that she just isn't gonna be challenged on that attitude, thus has less reason to 'reprimand' anyone. Oh sure, there's the courteous "not a nice term" she gives but, like, that says it all; it's just her shrugging it off.

BANNED

'Kay, ditto.

It’s nothing like the n-word. It’s the equivalent of ‘cracker’.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    'Kay, ditto.
    If you really don’t see the problem with what they jsut said, y’all really need to... idk have more black people in your life? Learn what racial slurs are and what make them so powerful?

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I get that we all wanted Krakoa to br great, but come on here, people, this isn't right. How can anyone of you still believe that this is gonna end well?

BANNED

It’s nothing like the n-word. It’s the equivalent of ‘cracker’.
    Regardless; it's the attitude we see being fostered here. Just blatant insulting of an entire people.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Regardless; it's the attitude we see being fostered here. Just blatant insulting of an entire people.
    I don’t care. It’s in no way comparable to the n word.