Page 318 of 374 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5596
    Mighty Member

I enjoyed the cameo of Mxyptlk's hat.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Finally!

It's about time Kara gave it to Lena and stopped feeling guilty. Lena has the problem, not her. Thanks, Mxyptlk!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Finally!

It's about time Kara gave it to Lena and stopped feeling guilty. Lena has the problem, not her. Thanks, Mxyptlk!
    ha - yes. But before moving on, we had to see it play out a dozen more times!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ha - yes. But before moving on, we had to see it play out a dozen more times!
    True, but it was well worth it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

This was a really fun episode. I was worried it would be overly serious and angsty, but while it started to go there at times, Mxy always brought i back around for a laugh. This was also the best use of a clip show format I've ever seen, as it finally made sense to be seeing those clips in the context of the story.

Love the new Mxy, and hope we get to see him again.

LOVED Alex and J'onn's reactions to being sent to their 'Happy Place'

Loved the cameos, and the fact that we got a lot of Reign/Sam as she was one of my favorites. It was too bad they couldn't get Calista back for a scene or two, though. I also think this is the first time Melissa and Chris have shared a scene since they got married, which was nice to see.

First time I haven't minded Kelly.

While I love the new suit, It was nice to see Kara in the old skirt again. Even better to see her with her old hair, as I hate the bangs. But I did love that in the universe where Lena and Kara were partners, her new suit AND the haircut were credited to Lena.

Once again I was reminded how much I miss having Jeremy Jordan on the show.

And yes, FINALLY Kara told Lena off in her own way. I'm really starting to be convinced that Lena will be going to prison at the end of the season, facilitating her exit from the show.

As for the episode before this one- I'm really starting to get annoyed with Brainy, and his inability to even consider the other Brainiac may have been wrong about him having to work for Lex in absolute secrecy. I'm hoping that we find out by the end of the season that Brainy sabotaged the Toyman code.

Also, was it ever explained how Win's ship was able to operate since Lex took the computer core out of the ship?

And thank god Alex quit the DEO. I hope they wrap up that agency by the end of the season and take things in a new direction.

Interesting that James seems to have not gotten any screen time. If he did it was so brief I missed it. I don't even think James was mentioned. The only remnant of James even existing was Kelly now has his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Interesting that James seems to have not gotten any screen time. If he did it was so brief I missed it. I don't even think James was mentioned. The only remnant of James even existing was Kelly now has his shield.
    It was pretty brief - when Kara had James lie to Lena and Kara immediately had Myxy fast forward cuz it was such a bad thing to do. Not sure if there were other moments.

I really like the new Mxyzptlk. He's much more zanier and whimsical like in the comics, he brings a lot of comedic energy, and he plays off everyone very well. Fittingly, it's his true form .

It was definitely nice to see the OG!Supergirl suit again. I miss the skirt...

I would never have thought Kara and J'onn playing paintball would be their "happy place," but I guess they've got a lot of stress to relieve.

It was nice to see Mon-El back. I'm kind of surprised his interactions with Kara was a tad low-key here considering he was her last major love interest and they're actors are married now, but it felt right to see the show treat him as one of Kara's major confidante's.

So the "Kara immediately tells Lena" timeline is the "too good to be true" timeline to where people buy into Supergirl and Lena to the point where the Church of Rao grows too big and makes Agent Liberty even more dangerous.

It's kind of funny seeing Kara outing herself end so badly when in the comics Superman's just recently outed himself and faced virtually no serious repercussions.

It's so weird for me that J'onn wears his costume with his face untansformed now, only to still transform for like two seconds. It's like the writers can't make up their minds.

I forgot how much of a beast Reign was. It forced J'onn to vaporize her in this timeline .

I couldn't take Kelly with that shield fighting with Alex against Brainy seriously at all. These Olsen siblings are just really unconvincing as Superheroes.

You can tell Mxy really turned over a new leaf when he left a tape revealing to Kara that Lena is now working with Lex when he had no reason too.

It was satisfying to see Kara finally stop feeling guilty about how she handled things, admit she made mistakes, and move on while putting Lena in her place for the decisions she's made. Now Lena can't guilt trip her way out of this anymore and Kara can do the right thing with a clear conscience .
    He was in the season 3 archival footage, which I think counts. It's how they worked in Cat, basically. And Kara mentioned him to Winn when she was going over the people closest to her.

I hear they wanted to get him back for a cameo, but he was shooting a movie.

Funny thing about this episode that I just realized. Most 100th episodes celebrate the entire series up to that point. Supergirl's only celebrated the CW years. There was nothing to call back to Season 1, outside of a picture of Cat Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I would never have thought Alex and J'onn playing paintball would be their "happy place," but I guess they've got a lot of stress to relieve.

It was nice to see Mon-El back. I'm kind of surprised his interactions with Kara was a tad low-key here considering he was her last major love interest and they're actors are married now, but it felt right to see the show treat him as one of Kara's major confidante's.

It's kind of funny seeing Kara outing herself end so badly when in the comics Superman's just recently outed himself and faced virtually no serious repercussions.

I couldn't take Kelly with that shield fighting with Alex against Brainy seriously at all. These Olsen siblings are just really unconvincing as Superheroes.

Alex has always seen J'onn as another father figure, and J'onn has long considered Alex and Kara as daughters by choice if not blood. I could see their happy place spending time doing frivolous things together, and for Alex that would be some kind of sport. Paintball seems right up her alley.

I see what you mean, but at the same time their interactions were perfect for when they were taking place. I did notice the wedding ring on his finger, and I wondered if this time around he was wearing their ring. For that matter, did he wear a wedding ring back in Season 3 to show his marriage to Saturn Girl?

I did wonder if that was a bit of a finger to the comics; their way of saying "This is what would ACTUALLY happen."

I'm probably one of the biggest Kelly haters on this thread, but for some reason I actually bought it this time. That being said, Reign should have vaporized her immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Funny thing about this episode that I just realized. Most 100th episodes celebrate the entire series up to that point. Supergirl's only celebrated the CW years. There was nothing to call back to Season 1, outside of a picture of Cat Grant.
    It probably didn't help that Lena wasn't in season 1 so Kara wouldn't have had any reason to go back there. Although Myriad is plot relevant so it's not like they're actively ignoring season 1.
    Alex has always seen J'onn as another father figure, and J'onn has long considered Alex and Kara as daughters by choice if not blood. I could see their happy place spending time doing frivolous things together, and for Alex that would be some kind of sport. Paintball seems right up her alley.
    That makes sense. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they established J'onn had two girls on Mars? Or at least two kids.
    I see what you mean, but at the same time their interactions were perfect for when they were taking place. I did notice the wedding ring on his finger, and I wondered if this time around he was wearing their ring. For that matter, did he wear a wedding ring back in Season 3 to show his marriage to Saturn Girl?
    I want to say he did, but don't quote me on that.
    I did wonder if that was a bit of a finger to the comics; their way of saying "This is what would ACTUALLY happen."
    I remember people looking at that scene from set photos and assuming they were going to do their own version of the current comic storyline...only to do a complete 180.

Makes me wonder how the Superman and Lois writes might view it.
    I'm probably one of the biggest Kelly haters on this thread, but for some reason I actually bought it this time. That being said, Reign should have vaporized her immediately.
    See, it was Crisis where I could at least stomach it with a bit of an eyeroll because she just used it once and to block something, but here she's acting like a trained fighter. Which I guess might've made sense in this post-apocalyptic timeline, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    See, it was Crisis where I could at least stomach it with a bit of an eyeroll because she just used it once and to block something, but here she's acting like a trained fighter. Which I guess might've made sense in this post-apocalyptic timeline, but still.

And in Crisis, I couldn't stand it because here they were, now saying that maybe Kelly could be Guardian as well. In this episode, in a dystopian society where she was forced to fight, I could buy it more.

It's still ri-goddamn-diculous, though.

I really liked this episode. Lena can't make any excuses anymore now.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah Kara needed to see all that to get over her guilt. The expression on Lena's face said a lot.

This version of Mxy is much better than his original form! More fun, and his powers allowed for Kara to visit a number of important points in her history. At least until Lena figured out how to tap into 5th dimensional energy! Lena was terrifying in that version. Reign and Liberty had scary moments too. Despite all the horror, it's good to see Kara with new resolve when it comes to dealing with Lena.

I hear they wanted to get him back for a cameo, but he was shooting a movie.

It would have been nice to see both Cat and James, but this was all about Kara and Lena. Hard to believe there were so many episodes before Lena appeared, she is such an integral aspect of the show at this point.