Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    But all that anger at my post comes from your own interpretation of what "a body worth having" means.
    ???
    I'm not angry at your post; I just find depthless tag-lines counter productive in motivating those trying to better themselves. I work in a gym and I get frustrated at the idiots pushing slogans rather than realising 90% of our customers will never have godly bodies; NOR SHOULD THEY BE AIMING FOR ONE. Let's improve everyone's health and not aim for the ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-10-2015 at 01:42 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

No magical solution.

Move your ass more, don't eat between meals, when you eat take reasonable proportion and try to diversify your food.

Take your time to eat. Eat on a table, slowly. That way you're going to eat less.

Oh and don't starve yourself, eat well. Your body needs it. What it doesn't need is you eating all day and eating crap. It's just education really. Once you understand, you will stay thin.

Extraordinary Member

Wait loss is simply a caloric deficit. It's not complicated. Excercise, eat wholesome foods. Bland chickens, tunafish, beef with low fat content, vegetables, and something like beans or really grainy bread for carbs. Don't overeat. You'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    No magical solution.

Move your ass more, don't eat between meals, when you eat take reasonable proportion and try to diversify your food.

Take your time to eat. Eat on a table, slowly. That way you're going to eat less.

Oh and don't starve yourself, eat well. Your body needs it. What it doesn't need is you eating all day and eating crap. It's just education really. Once you understand, you will stay thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Wait loss is simply a caloric deficit. It's not complicated. Excercise, eat wholesome foods. Bland chickens, tunafish, beef with low fat content, vegetables, and something like beans or really grainy bread for carbs. Don't overeat. You'll be fine
    Really good advice.

And exercise! Whatever you like to do and for however long you are comfortably able to do it(not meaning you don't sweat or get out of breath, but meaning not pushing yourself to the point of exhaustion).

If you don't like any activities, find a new one. Try something new, that you never did before! You can do it in a Spa, "gym", fitness center, outdoors or in the privacy of your home

I just came back from my 2-hr gym workout and while tired and sluggish before I went, I am bounding with alertness and energy now!

Good luck to you, michalclrk! You can do it!

Mighty Member

I eat a bunch of beef, throw kettlebells around and mess with a battle rope while listening to Black Sabbath.

Not sure of the physical results, but mentally I feel like a vikiing.

Intermittent Fasting works for weight loss. I started doing it by eating within 8 hours and fasting 16 hours a day, but now I eat one meal a day. So I fast about 23.5 hours a day, and eat one meal within 30 minutes. The logic behind it works. What does it matter if you consume about 2,000 calories in one setting or throughout a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Farael the Fallen View Post
    What does it matter if you consume about 2,000 calories in one setting or throughout a day?
    You don't work, do you?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

To maintain my ideal weight of 175 pounds, I need to consume about 1,700 calories daily (zero constraints on my menu, BTW). If I'm on my exercise bike in front of the TV for a half hour (in the summer, I like to swim in my pool instead), knock off a couple hundred calories (which I can then eat a little more to make up for that deficit). Also, I tend to use stairs a lot when I can (two steps at a time if nobody is looking at work ) - walking briskly (not speed walking!) and, i.e., jogging from your car to your destination helps, too.

I find by doing all of this, I rarely ever get the feeling to overeat (and it's never a lot when I do). At age 53, I feel just as good - if not better - than I did when I was thirty years younger.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    To maintain my ideal weight of 175 pounds, I need to consume about 1,700 calories daily (zero constraints on my menu, BTW). If I'm on my exercise bike in front of the TV for a half hour (in the summer, I like to swim in my pool instead), knock off a couple hundred calories (which I can then eat a little more to make up for that deficit). Also, I tend to use stairs a lot when I can (two steps at a time if nobody is looking at work ) - walking briskly (not speed walking!) and, i.e., jogging from your car to your destination helps, too.

I find by doing all of this, I rarely ever get the feeling to overeat (and it's never a lot when I do). At age 53, I feel just as good - if not better - than I did when I was thirty years younger.
    That's a really sensible approach. Balancing intake with exercise really is the answer, but intake is the real key. You can eat a gallon of celery or carrots, but one Snickers Mini does more damage than you'd believe. Got to space that guilty pleasure stuff waaaaay out.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's a really sensible approach. Balancing intake with exercise really is the answer, but intake is the real key. You can eat a gallon of celery or carrots, but one Snickers Mini does more damage than you'd believe. Got to space that guilty pleasure stuff waaaaay out.
    Exactly, Doc. It's nice not to deny myself anything, only the frequency. Take this week: I was underweight by a couple of pounds, so I decided to treat myself to a Mexican pizza and a couple of tacos from Taco Bell as an extra snack. I rarely ever do anything like that, but since I know I can occasionally, I never feel deprived and helps me psychologically. Also, I love vegetables, so it's never a chore for me to eat enough of them daily as it is with some people.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Exactly, Doc. It's nice not to deny myself anything, only the frequency. Take this week: I was underweight by a couple of pounds, so I decided to treat myself to a Mexican pizza and a couple of tacos from Taco Bell as an extra snack. I rarely ever do anything like that, but since I know I can occasionally, I never feel deprived and helps me psychologically. Also, I love vegetables, so it's never a chore for me to eat enough of them daily as it is with some people.
    You're a better human than me. There comes a moment where I've had all the broccoli I can handle.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I cut out junk food, fried food and hit the gym (Planet Fitness) twice a week. On May 1st of 2017, I was 243 pounds, as of this morning, I was 187. No pills, no gimmicks, just hard work and diligence.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

All-New Member

I watch the carbs. Since, January, I have lost 45 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I cut out junk food, fried food and hit the gym (Planet Fitness) twice a week. On May 1st of 2017, I was 243 pounds, as of this morning, I was 187. No pills, no gimmicks, just hard work and diligence.
    Fantastic work, man!

BANNED

I only eat once a day and smoke a lot of cigarettes. Keeps me nice and lean.