Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1815

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I don't understand how you can argue that it would introduce hardships to do that change, to be honest.

If you're at the end of the draft, it means you have more options because only nine picks have been made. Straight improvement.

If you're at the start of the draft, it means you got first pick, and then you get to pick again after 18 picks have been. A slight downgrade from current first pick. (But still a better situation than being at the bottom of the draft right now where you start picking after 18 picks have been made.)

If someone has an argument against it, I'd be happy to hear it.

(Specification that I'm only talking about high-cost picks here, not 7 and below.)
    Charlotte has already expressed some concern with this proposal. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Neutral.

I don't think that it would hurt to give it a try, but I will not argue for or against.

I f I did it, I might be more inclined to place a limit on 9's and 10's instead of starting at 8's. It would be something like you can't purchase 9's and/or 10's together at the same time, but I'm not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I f I did it, I might be more inclined to place a limit on 9's and 10's instead of starting at 8's. It would be something like you can't purchase 9's and/or 10's together at the same time, but I'm not sure yet.
    This is an idea I agree with. Limiting 8ies will be very unwieldy for lots of reasons.

To clarify - I'm not against "8 and higher/7 and lower" paired together, but after say round 5 or 6 I'll face a problem - because I'll run out of stuff to pair the high end stuff with, and thus I'll be forced to break the rule. With limiting 9ies and 10ies this is less a problem than with 8ies.

9's and 10's seem to be fought over far more often than 8's or lower.

My concern is mostly about the first and maybe second cycle. Afterward the contested items are mostly gone and it's more about your specific strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    My concern is mostly about the first and maybe second cycle. Afterward the contested items are mostly gone and it's more about your specific strategies.
    We can set the limit up for the just the initial cycle or so. After that, it can go back to being wide open. I have no problem with experimenting with a new set up. You never know what is or isn't going to work until you try it out first.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Charlotte has already expressed some concern with this proposal. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it.
    Since Siriel is my teammate, I support his position.

Also, I do think it's kind of fairer since there are certain items that pretty much everybody wants.

Siriel clarified his position and I dropped my objection - I objected only because I thought it will be for MORE than just the first 2 rounds.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I understand both sides of it. I'm good either way as I have been near the top and the bottom of the draft before and made do, so picking only one 8+ item per turn doesnt seem to bad.

I have a question regarding the DBZ fusion dance.

If you purchase the item and apply it to two characters, is it taken that they are fused at the start of the match or do they have to do the dance in-match?

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I have a question regarding the DBZ fusion dance.

If you purchase the item and apply it to two characters, is it taken that they are fused at the start of the match or do they have to do the dance in-match?
    I had it this League and it was agreed that Fusion characters start fused.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 01-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I had it this League and it was agreed that Fusion characters start fused.
    Interesting stuff.

Thanks for the clarification.

Gonna post the Spring 2015 Thread. Note that I made some changes to the rules, and nothing is yet set in stone. If you see something you want to discuss, feel free to do so, I'm usually a very good listener.

Also not there is a new section that I may need help with.