BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Street Fighter V Changed Some Butt-Focused Camera Angles. CENSORSHIP!!!???

http://www.themarysue.com/sfv-butt-censorship/

The FGC really hates it when you take things from them they really like despite them saying those two characters are more then just booty( but it's really just booty they want )

Anyone get Fallout 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The FGC really hates it when you take things from them they really like despite them saying those two characters are more then just booty( but it's really just booty they want )

Anyone get Fallout 4?
    I'm waiting until it's less buggy. Bethesda has a bad habit of putting out stuff with a ton of issues.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

So, Blair Underwood. It's not like he has a signature role everybody remembers him for. I wanna say he was on St. Elsewhere way back in the day but that was Denzel's show wasn't it? His character on AoS has been kind of dry (no more so than the rest of the show) until this episode, he was pretty good.

It's a damn shame there haven't been more Hollywood biopics of historical African-American figures. Not talking about entertainers either. No Marcus Garvey or Frederick Douglass, I think Underwood would be a good Frederick Douglass, he's got to be close to 50 as it is. For too long it's been Morgan Freeman or nothing if a role might call for a black man of age.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So, Blair Underwood. It's not like he has a signature role everybody remembers him for. I wanna say he was on St. Elsewhere way back in the day but that was Denzel's show wasn't it? His character on AoS has been kind of dry (no more so than the rest of the show) until this episode, he was pretty good.

It's a damn shame there haven't been more Hollywood biopics of historical African-American figures. Not talking about entertainers either. No Marcus Garvey or Frederick Douglass, I think Underwood would be a good Frederick Douglass, he's got to be close to 50 as it is. For too long it's been Morgan Freeman or nothing if a role might call for a black man of age.
    Benjamin Banneker's birthday was yesterday. Brilliant man. He deserves a biopic. So does Madam C. J. Walker. She was one of the first African-American entrepreneur/philanthropists. History is replete with people of color with extraordinary accomplishments in science, medicine, education, music, theater, literature, politics, commerce, engineering, civil rights . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

Anyone get Fallout 4?
    Nope dont have any current gen systems.

You would think any gamers older than...what...12?...13?... wouldn't be caught dead mourning the loss of anime toon booty in public. Its a bad look.

Like "You really want your line in the sand to be here? Really?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nope dont have any current gen systems.

You would think any gamers older than...what...12?...13?... wouldn't be caught dead mourning the loss of anime toon booty in public. Its a bad look.

Like "You really want your line in the sand to be here? Really?"
    Hell, it's not like they're getting rid of the skimpy costumes just changing their intro animations so the first thing you see isn't their boobs or ass. And the Internet is hardly lacking in pictures of scantily clad women.

The people who whine about this stuff often talk about how SJWs are just a vocal minority with no real power yet when companies make changes like this, then apparently SJWs and Feminists become these evil Fascists trying to destroy creative freedom.

Black Nerd Problems idea of what a rap battle between Virgil Hawkins and Miles Morales would be like

http://blacknerdproblems.com/wakanda...miles-morales/

BANNED

He was always my favorite lawyer on LA Law. And I liked him in Set It Off.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    Benjamin Banneker's birthday was yesterday. Brilliant man. He deserves a biopic. So does Madam C. J. Walker. She was one of the first African-American entrepreneur/philanthropists. History is replete with people of color with extraordinary accomplishments in science, medicine, education, music, theater, literature, politics, commerce, engineering, civil rights . . .
    Madam C.J. Walker was the first female self-made millionaire in the US of any race.
    I kind of wonder how much Mary Kay was influenced by her. " The manufacturing company employed women who, dressed in a characteristic uniform of white shirts and black skirts, and carrying black satchels, made house calls widely around the United States and in the Caribbean."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madam_..._Walker_System

And I'm not sure when Avon started using "Avon Ladies" it was founded by a male door-to-door salesmen
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avon_Products#History
    But I wonder if Madam Walker was doing it before Avon too? Mary Kay wasn't founded until 1963 so obviously she was later.

I'd cast Queen Latifa

Viola Davis has some good critical pull though. Or Chandra Wilson, she would look the part.

I'm sure Ava Duvernay wants to do more than just direct historical movies but she could fill her days making ones about all the people of color history has forgot. You could make a cottage industry out of "there are more people deserving of biopics than just Steve Jobs"

An entire generation of black actors were basically held back from success. Thankfully many of them have been able to get stage work. The way Hollywood generally works when it comes to black actors is that they let a few men and women break through and everybody else is pretty much shut out.

We're still seeing that with films today. Notice that the same group of black actors get used in films over and over again, and everyone else (regardless of talent) sort of languishes in obscurity. This is partly why you're seeing so many oscar nominated black actors doing television now. There's just more opportunity there.

In the future when a discussion about raceswapping in film is brought up and white people are angry that Random character #6534 is made black, Asian, or whatever I would like to point out that they are perfectly content with the casting in the live action GiTS movie. But you know casting actors as Japanese characters makes sense for reasons and ****.

Before I forget did anyone pick up ANAD Avengers and Ultimates today?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

"Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Dumb son of a @$!#&.

This is what happens when upper class Negros decide they want to point fingers.

Spike's Boogie tendencies are what turned him into a cinematic afterthought in the first place.

Murders an intramural exercise. Always has been. Even a cursory look at the Federal murder stats will bear that out.

But nobody wants to hear that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    This is why we have, and will have a new generation of Black directors. Because dudes like Spike have officially lost the plot.

And I dressed up as him (Knicks attire) for a Halloween party once... damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Before I forget did anyone pick up ANAD Avengers and Ultimates today?
    Yes. Ultimates looks great. T'challa was written perfectly in character. Mostly set up over all though but the set up looks gooooood

ANAD Avengers was pure set up as well, felt more "pre hickman" smaller scale Avengers but nothing relaly happened so, we will see
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html