Page 43 of 187 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Given how this show has characterized Beth it makes no sense for her to be on the field. She has the personality suited to be mission control like Oracle.
    Yeah, she's probably the least physically capable of the new team and kind of looked a little ridiculous there. The problem is that the goggles require her to actually see stuff that necessitates her being in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I found that scene of all of them looking at the dead security guard followed by Beth saying "Is he okay" darkly hilarious
    I get why they had her say it since she's the most innocent, but with her goggles she's the one who would've been able to tell by looking at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's probably the least physically capable of the new team and kind of looked a little ridiculous there. The problem is that the goggles require her to actually see stuff that necessitates her being in the field.
    I bet Hootie ends up joining and helps protect her when they're in the field.

The Crock's being these soccer parents who just so happen to be Supervillains who take that to it's logical conclusion is hilarious.
    Gives a new meaning to the term "Tiger mom."

Also interesting that the new crop of ISA kids are all a bit up in the air in terms of whether they'll side with their parents or reject their evil ways. So far we see Artemis, Brainwave Jr is developing powers and so is Icicle Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get why they had her say it since she's the most innocent, but with her goggles she's the one who would've been able to tell by looking at him.
    Maybe Chuck didn't have it in him to tell her...
    They need to take everybody to the JSA headquaters so Hootie can meet the new Dr. Mid-Nite .
    Also interesting that the new crop of ISA kids are all a bit up in the air in terms of whether they'll side with their parents or reject their evil ways. So far we see Artemis, Brainwave Jr is developing powers and so is Icicle Jr.
    Well, we see Artemis has some of her parents' violent tendencies and Cameron seems to know what his father is doing to some extent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Gives a new meaning to the term "Tiger mom."

Artemis heavily leans on villain to me. She's way too competitive to reasonably function as a hero from what we seen from her. Icicle Jr is close with his family. If anything happens to his dad then his villainy will be guaranteed. Brainwave Jr still a crapshoot.

Ultimate Member

Although Iceman Jr could find out what's going on and not side with his dad, seeing it as going to far or being no better than those they hope to replace...or that in history there's been a lot of baddies that have taken a similar approach, to make the world better for those they deem "worthy" and everyone else is to be either killed or enslaved...as for Artemis, who knows, perhaps they could have her start to go the villain side for a bit before her parents demand that she kill an innocent, or that she herself accidentally does kill an innocent person or something and her parents act like they could care less, but it haunts her, or Icicle kills another of the baddies and Artemis starts to rethink being on that side...then just have a redheaded Wally West show up, with a backpack full of energy bars and he annoys her at first before they'd end up together and fix the Young Justice error imho...Wally would always be eating but never gain an ounce, which would annoy Artemis as her parents would always be very strict with her diet and training and all of that...

Incredible Member

junior society are a joke. at this rate , they need the thunderbolt just to even the odds.

Astonishing Member

I just thought of a really dark twist. What if "Chuck" isn't really an AI of Charles McNider but this guy:
    thinker.jpg
    manipulating Beth and furthering his own interests. Like, he's helping them against the ISA now because he has some kind of grudge against his old teammates but after that . . .

Just kind of a crazy idea that popped into my head.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, Courtney vs Sportsmaster and Tigress was a dope fight.

Another solid episode. I love how well rounded and fleshed out these characters are. Hopefully with the new JSA somewhat established we can get focus back to Courtney and Pat.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-23-2020 at 05:53 AM.

The song in the opening reminded me of the Mortal Kombat movie theme.

Beth: Is he okay?

Me: No. No he is not, young lady. He has passed on. This person is no more. He has ceased to be.

He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life! He rests in peace! If he didn't shoot himself, he'd be pushing up daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket! He's shuffled off the mortal coil! Run down the curtain and joined the friggin' choir invisible!

THIS...IS AN EX...PERSON!!!!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

If New America hinged on having Brainwave, then it does sound like it involves mass-brainwashing to some extent. Are the ISA going to settle for Jr. once they find out he's inherited his dad's powers?
    That's what I theorized on a few msgboards (and my reviews for my 4 loyal viewers ) that this Project New America is some kinda mass hypnosis, mental reset a la the Thinker (from that godawful season of the Flash).

I reckon we see a legacy ISA against the Jr. JSA in season two with Henry conflicted throughout the season until he turns to the side of the angels in the end helping them win.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Although Iceman Jr could find out what's going on and not side with his dad, seeing it as going to far or being no better than those they hope to replace...or that in history there's been a lot of baddies that have taken a similar approach, to make the world better for those they deem "worthy" and everyone else is to be either killed or enslaved...as for Artemis, who knows, perhaps they could have her start to go the villain side for a bit before her parents demand that she kill an innocent, or that she herself accidentally does kill an innocent person or something and her parents act like they could care less, but it haunts her, or Icicle kills another of the baddies and Artemis starts to rethink being on that side...then just have a redheaded Wally West show up, with a backpack full of energy bars and he annoys her at first before they'd end up together and fix the Young Justice error imho...Wally would always be eating but never gain an ounce, which would annoy Artemis as her parents would always be very strict with her diet and training and all of that...
    Hard pass. This ain't Young Justice bro. I want villain Artemis.

Extraordinary Member

I want villain Artemis and Icicle Jr as an evil couple like in the comics.

Brainwave Jr will probably go good eventually. He’ll get tired of evil girlfriend Shiv and go for redemption.

Do you guys think Wizard’s wife is dead, alive or captured?

If they didn't want people thinking about Young Justice, they probably wouldn't have cast Paula and Artemis as Asian Americans.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Third on hard passing on Young Justice Artemis. I'm enjoying this show version of the family a whole lot more.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Do you guys think Wizard’s wife is dead, alive or captured?
    Dead. No reason to keep her around. She was already read to spill the beans Pat, they were probably watching her and decided she needed to be................................................ .......put on ice.

Thank you. Thank you. I will be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

The circumstances necessary for heroic Artemis in Young Justice involved a mother who was no longer an active supervillain.

That being said, I would be down for an appearance of a YJ style Wally West if he gets treated as the obnoxious jerk that he was in the first season and actually gets some comeuppance this time. Maybe they bring him in to tease a heroic Artemis and then she kills him to cement her villain turn.