Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    It's always been like that. Trump is a perfect example. Just look to the hypocrisy of his Tweet history criticizing Obama for doing the exact same things he's doing (and way worse) right now.
    More hypocrisy: Back during the campaign, Mango Mussolini carped about Hillary Clinton being a war hawk, now he's making noise about wanting to destroy another country. Go figure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Ohio firefighter says he’d rather save a dog before a million ‘n-words’
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-fire...184557292.html

Another brotherly love story
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...cid=spartanntp

Central Mexico recovering from a major quake. The hits keep on coming, folks. SOTT

Bed of Nails . . . my guess is something's getting covered up by this storm of bullshit. I hope it won't be passage of the Repeal.

So now he's blaming Refugees for being Refugees

President Trump in U.N. speech says refugees are ‘deeply unfair’ to sending and receiving countries

President Trump slipped rhetoric opposing refugees into his United Nations address Tuesday, describing mass migration as “deeply unfair” to all involved countries.

His remarks seemed to imply refugees are wrong to flee their home countries, and it continued his administration’s recent efforts to paint a dark portrait of migration’s impacts.

“For decades the United States has dealt with migration challenges here in the Western Hemisphere. We have learned that over the long term, uncontrolled migration is deeply unfair to both the sending and the receiving countries,” Trump told the U.N. General Assembly.
    “For the sending countries, it reduces domestic pressure to pursue needed political and economic reform and drains them of the human capital necessary to motivate and implement those reforms. For the receiving countries, the substantial costs of uncontrolled migration are born overwhelmingly by low-income citizens whose concerns are often ignored by both media and government.”

Trump disparaged migration even as commended the U.N. for its “ invaluable contributions” to refugees, and described the United States as a “compassionate nation” to the cause.

Trump’s opposition to migration has been one of the signatures of his political career. His legally-challenged travel bans called for a 120-day suspension of America’s refugee program and an indefinite hiatus from accepting Syrian refugees, even as that country remains ravaged by a civil war.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I saw a poll somewhere, I forget where--there are like 80,000 polls daily it seems--that said 50% of people don't trust Trump to handle the NK situation properly. Which seems like a low number, but then it seemed it weird, given his approval rating is lower than that. So there are people that disapprove of him general, but trust him to handle the NK situation....seems weird to me.
    That was Gallup.

And it was 50% (50.1) of registered Republicans trust his judgement of the DPRK. The General Populace is at 11% trust on DPRK judgement. And that was in August.

That tells me 2 things: 1) the GOP is shrinking 2) even GOP voters don't trust his war-time judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    7.1 Earthquake just outside Mexico City...

Another Category 5 Hurricane...

Trump name calling a dangerous man with dangerous weapons, who's happy to use them...

Feels like end times out there.
    A sect of Christianity believes the Rapture is this Saturday, September 23rd. So ...

In other news ...

Huntsman Says There’s No Doubt Russia Meddled in Election: Statement by Trump’s pick for Russia ambassador contrasts with president’s equivocation about the findings of U.S. intelligence.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-19-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Well, considering we live in a world where the president believes that many fine people marched along side klansmen and dudes carrying nazi flags,,,
    Thanks for at least making the distinction that he wasn't talking about the Klansmen and Nazis themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

A sect of Christianity believes the Rapture is this Saturday, September 23rd. So ...
    I heard. I'm not religious, but man, if they ever had a case...

This is the thing I keep saying. We as individuals, as a society, need to make these people feel unwelcome.

I don't want the government limiting their right to free speech, as some nazi sympathizers keep trying to imply. I want us, as decent people to remind them that the world decided their ideas have no place in the world after that thing called WWII.
    I'm quite glad that recently whenever the supremacists want to rally, about 3 times as many people show up to tell them to @#$% right off.

I heard. I'm not religious, but man, if they ever had a case...
    Nothing to worry about.

Missouri trooper gets jail, probation in man's drowning

VERSAILLES, Mo. (AP) — More than three years after an Iowa man fell out of a Missouri State Highway Patrol boat and drowned while handcuffed and wearing an improperly secured life vest, the trooper who was driving the boat was sentenced Tuesday to 10 days in jail and two years of probation.

Trooper Anthony Piercy will serve the "shock time" in the Morgan County jail for the May 31, 2014, death of Brandon Ellingson, 20, an Arizona State student who was pulled over for suspicion of boating while intoxicated while partying on the Lake of the Ozarks.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

How about some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I just took a great pizza out of the oven right now, but that's really only good news to me since you don't get any.

I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I just took a great pizza out of the oven right now, but that's really only good news to me since you don't get any.

I tried.
    Just ordered a pie myself. So we'll share a slice in spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    You are in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    You are in the wrong place.
    The world? I agree.