Page 191 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 911411811871881891901911921931941952012412916911191 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I know a lot of people dislike the huge books but there is nothing like knowing you have over a 1000 pages of continuous awesomeness in a single giant book.
    Yeah, I like them too. Its not like I can read an omnibus on the train so the bigger the better.
    We need better comics

I know a lot of people dislike the huge books but there is nothing like knowing you have over a 1000 pages of continuous awesomeness in a single giant book.
    Do the majority hate Omnibuses/OHC's? I always thought they were the preferred collection.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Do the majority hate Omnibuses/OHC's? I always thought they were the preferred collection.
    Omnibuses are beautiful and were the inspiration for the original iteration of this thread, but they are also massive and don't travel well. Plus, in recent years their build quality has slightly declined - they're still awesome, but that cooled some folks' opinions on them. They are the perfect book for a bookshelf collector who has time to sit and read at length at home (and who can find a comfortable position to read them in! )
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Omnibuses are beautiful and were the inspiration for the original iteration of this thread, but they are also massive and don't travel well. Plus, in recent years their build quality has slightly declined - they're still awesome, but that cooled some folks' opinions on them. They are the perfect book for a bookshelf collector who has time to sit and read at length at home (and who can find a comfortable position to read them in! )
    Omnis for home Epics for the road. Problem Solved!

Incredible Member

I'm all about the OHC's, baby. Perfect size.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    OHC-s and omnis are different.
    If someone doesn't like the huge omnis, I absolutely understand it.
    But ohc-s? Up to 400 pages they are absolutely comfortable to read, the art is oversized which is not always necessary but a nice plus and even with the current build they don't feel too fragile.
    I can also hold them with one hand while I'm reading in bed and use my other hand to scratch my dog's head because he keeps bugging me.
    Paperbacks are quite flimsy and I have to hold them with 2 hands.

So IST is sending me a replacement Civil War set, as mine arrived damaged. I feel a little bad, because it had to have been damaged prior to them shipping it; the packaging was insane.

Even without opening the individual books, I can already say this is the best collected edition I own. It really is a thing of beauty and I can't recommend it enough.

What other events\themes\series would work in this format?

But there's also a great feeling when you finish a volume / tome and move on to the next. And whether you have 1 omni, 6 OHCs or even 40 TPBs it all adds up to 1000 pages of continuous awesomeness
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    So IST is sending me a replacement Civil War set, as mine arrived damaged. I feel a little bad, because it had to have been damaged prior to them shipping it; the packaging was insane.

Even without opening the individual books, I can already say this is the best collected edition I own. It really is a thing of beauty and I can't recommend it enough.

Dark Reign?

Even without opening the individual books, I can already say this is the best collected edition I own. It really is a thing of beauty and I can't recommend it enough
    That makes me feel a bit better about all the cash I have spent on it

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The Complete Claremont X-Men

But, seriously, the one that sticks out to me is a Marvel Cosmic Saga box set, which could finally make coherent all of the stories that lead up to War of Kings and get them into one place.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Secret Invasion, Secret Wars 2015, and Fear Itself.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I agree. Omnibus is my favourite format followed by OHCs and then Absolutes and MMW HCs. When reading a TPB, I feel I'm handling an inferior product.

Nothing can beat holding a faux leather covered Omnibus. A shame they don't make them anymore.

Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Secret Invasion, Secret Wars 2015, and Fear Itself.
    We don't need a Box Set for Fear Itself, it's already a full set of matching PHCs! Just put together a box