Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default If you were a mutant with a very very crappy superpower, what would you do?

You're a typical John/Jane Doe when suddenly, you discover a shocking truth: you're a mutant! It all sounds nice until you realize how worthless your superpower is. You can literally put cold cream in your coffee without lowering it's temperature. Despite this incredibly terrible and ridiculously useless power, that cannot be used offensively or defensively, you still get your fair share of anti-mutants hatred: you loss your job, peoples can't help starring at you like the freaky mutie that you are (even though your power is really crappy), your dog walks away, and you break your phone's screen.

People wants you dead and you've noticed a odd bunch of people hanging more often around your house. They have their hoodies on and look real mean. Sometimes, they kick down your garbage can and leave rubbish everywhere!

With such misfortunes, what would you do? Where would you go? Reclaim your birthright and move to Krakoa? (even though you'd be useless and unable to fight, although you could maybe learn?) Move to another city and pray that no one will notice and hope you won't be attacked by sentinels?

Tl:dr - - > So basically, you're a terribly crappy mutant with no useful power whatsoever and people still hate you and want you harm. What do you do?

Go to Krakoa. Why would any alternative be better for my life?

What i’d actually do depends on the power. Crappy doesn’t mean not useful.

I’d avoid Krakoa like the plague. I don’t do Cults.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Well, you can put cold cream in your coffee without lowering its temperature. It's as useful as it gets.

BANNED

go to krakoa , either get in into the magic apocalypse is cooking or just creating a catering tree to spend my time cooking. or just practice my mutation until it further evolves, learn combat and get forge tech

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

that’s awesome, not clogging the ressurection protocols when the purifiers come for you

Crappy for me would equate to not viable with life or impeding your daily acts of living like having deformed respiratory system meaning you actually would have been better of without the x-gene.

If its like floating paper clips crappy I'd still consider that a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    Well, you can put cold cream in your coffee without lowering its temperature. It's as useful as it gets.
    With that talent I'd be the most in-demand barista on Krakoa. That's genuine job security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Move someplace people haven't seen my power & simply not use it. Unless it's something physical that can't be hidden. In which case, go into seclusion mode AMAP or join Krakoa.

I actually do that myself now. I don't want people teasing or pestering me about something & it can be hidden, that's what I do. Then outside of needed shopping & work, I go into seclusion mode & avoid the Hell out of people, who I hate dealing with. lol Just my luck I got a job where even if quarantine happened, it wouldn't be closed as it's a necessary place.

So, something different about yourself you hate. Hide it or yourself if and whenever possible. Advice to be sewn on a pillow. LMAO
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-26-2020 at 09:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    With that talent I'd be the most in-demand barista on Krakoa. That's genuine job security.
    what if your ability is then revealed to time stuck things in a prefered state so you can create endless ice or whatevs ?? plot twist

Honestly I have been waiting for a story about a mutant with crappy mutant power that learns magic instead to defend him/her self cause that's what I'd do. That or force Forge to make me some body armor to fight in.

BANNED

or just start writing realy bad plays to entertain krakoa

Open a coffee shop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Open a coffee shop.
    since krakoa allows unconventional materials and locations, what architectural style , in what type of location (mountain, tree, beach) and in what type of stone or plant ( how emma has diamond to her place )

My main concern about moving Krakoa would be the climate. I’m not one for the tropics, it’s not really my thing. But if there’s a part of Krakoa that emulates West Coast weather — Washington to NorCal, preferably — I’d be good.