Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    My main concern about moving Krakoa would be the climate. I’m not one for the tropics, it’s not really my thing. But if there’s a part of Krakoa that emulates West Coast weather — Washington to NorCal, preferably — I’d be good.
    you can probably make one of the habitats your home

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    You're a typical John/Jane Doe when suddenly, you discover a shocking truth: you're a mutant! It all sounds nice until you realize how worthless your superpower is. You can literally put cold cream in your coffee without lowering it's temperature. Despite this incredibly terrible and ridiculously useless power, that cannot be used offensively or defensively, you still get your fair share of anti-mutants hatred: you loss your job, peoples can't help starring at you like the freaky mutie that you are (even though your power is really crappy), your dog walks away, and you break your phone's screen.

People wants you dead and you've noticed a odd bunch of people hanging more often around your house. They have their hoodies on and look real mean. Sometimes, they kick down your garbage can and leave rubbish everywhere!

With such misfortunes, what would you do? Where would you go? Reclaim your birthright and move to Krakoa? (even though you'd be useless and unable to fight, although you could maybe learn?) Move to another city and pray that no one will notice and hope you won't be attacked by sentinels?

Tl:dr - - > So basically, you're a terribly crappy mutant with no useful power whatsoever and people still hate you and want you harm. What do you do?
    I don't think all mutants on Krakoa have useful powers, anyway.

What could cause problems are dangerous and instable powers… Like exploding every hour… or make real nightmares.

But that would cause problems to the Krakoan society more than to you… and as they can't refuse any mutant on their soil…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I was going to live in Krakoa. Free house, free food, free money, I can do tourism almost anywhere using a network of portals, I am surrounded by people who respect me for who I am ...

And all I have to do is not kill humans (easy) and have Krakoa feed on a tiny part of my psionic energy.

Oh, and I am immortal.

Any alternative is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    go to krakoa , either get in into the magic apocalypse is cooking or just creating a catering tree to spend my time cooking. or just practice my mutation until it further evolves, learn combat and get forge tech
    I'd do that too. Maybe work as a barista on Krakoa part-time. But being able to study/access mutant magic would be fun enough.

Also with that power I might have some latent temperature manipulation power. I'd ask them to mess with my X-Gene and turn it into something powerful, take the Crucible, beat the **** out of Apocalypse and bem I'm reborn an Omega Level Temperature manipulator. Screw you, Bobby Drake.

Thermodynamic is not happy with that power.

Lot of cleverer things to do with such a power than just keeping your coffee hot though.

Join the Avengers, they will take anybody and there less chance of my being killed in an event.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

I don't know what i would do. Just go to Krakoa I guess.

About "crappy power", Does having 3 faces apply?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ugly_John_(Earth-616)

The poor guy is surely at the bottom of the resurrection list.

Astonishing Member

I'd find an Order of X camp and make better mutants!

That I'd be happy because even if it's not a super interesting mutation like telepathy, it's still something I can do that baseline humans can't. So why be negative about it! <3

I'm sure I'd figure it out.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'm a mutant with a useless power, but don't appear deformed like eyeboy or beak?

Based on that scenario, I'd do one of two things:

1. Move!: Not to Krakoa, just to a different neighborhood that doesn't know me. I don't use social media and keep to myself so I don't expect any freaks following me. (I'd throw cream at the assailant's houses/property before I left though)

2. Find Access or Mr Fantastic: Ask them to bring me to the DC Universe. Mutants would most likely be viewed as people with the Meta Gene. Mutants wouldn't have nearly as bad of a life in that Universe. Sentinels wouldn't even exist. Superman would in no way tolerate them and they'd be scrap before they're activated.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-27-2020 at 02:43 PM.

BANNED

deadass the justice league would probably be homies to the x-men

Party on Krakoa obvi

No way to defend myself or use the power to make money plus lunatics are still gunning for me?

Definitely Krakoa, where even the most useless X-Gene means I'm superior to any flatscan.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Be a billionaire genius. Because you know...it almost feels like every Marvel Superhero is one at this point.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was going to live in Krakoa. Free house, free food, free money, I can do tourism almost anywhere using a network of portals, I am surrounded by people who respect me for who I am ...

And all I have to do is not kill humans (easy) and have Krakoa feed on a tiny part of my psionic energy.

Oh, and I am immortal.

Any alternative is crazy.
    Exactly, anyone claiming otherwise is a hipster.