Page 59 of 371 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    There were only two cities on Ruco, the one Dash found herself in currently being the larger of the two. As such, there were more civilians trapped -- again, non-Saiyans were the majority -- and vastly more soldiers. The streets were crawling with invaders, all flitting to and fro from building to building, wreaking havoc and trying to break into the fortified bunkers to get at the civilians. Dash's actions not only successfully laid out swaths of them, but also attracted the other's attention.

"Well, well. Looks like these guys have help," one of them sneered. "We'll give your head to Lord Tundra!" Like a tidal wave, they moved in unison and descended on Dash, a torrent of energy blasts heralding their arrival.
    Still high in the air and positioned away from the buildings, Dash could see them coming and was ready for the onslaught. The moment the soldiers raised their weapons, Dash cried out as her aura flared. The normally bluish aura, now tinged with red as her armor, and her hair shifted in color as well. The barrage of energy blasts were met with a fire-infused, and boosted, Storm Shield, her arms now crossed in front of her as she withstood the attack.

She was counting on Erosa to act soon, only she wasn't sure where the Id was.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Lampton thinks.

“Temporal energy is....different. Maybe? Lampton has never tried it with the ritual before. Perhaps it could work. Lampton is willing to try.”

OT:

Wasn’t sure you saw this one since you replied to a different one, CoR.
    OT: I saw it, just quoted the wrong thing. Trouble with trying to bust out a quick response mid-shift ^^"

IC:

Inanna shrugged. "It's worth trying. You'd be surprised the things I've managed... in a cave, with a metaphorical box of scraps." The golden-eyed woman giggled at the inside joke; before extending her hands. "I accept your offers, regardless. I've stripped away a great many things of my previous... heritage; the curiosity however remains." Inanna said. "Simply need to bring the others down here, after seeing if they're willing, mm?"

Though in regards to the temporal energy the golden-eyed woman simply said. "It's similar to magic in a way, an energy source extant from the body... more importantly however is its source. Zurvan. Far more potent than some stray, I'd wager." At the very least it might squeak out a few more seconds. Of course, airing on the side of caution the golden-eyed woman also added:

"And before anything else happens... Can you tell if he's lying, mother?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still high in the air and positioned away from the buildings, Dash could see them coming and was ready for the onslaught. The moment the soldiers raised their weapons, Dash cried out as her aura flared. The normally bluish aura, now tinged with red as her armor, and her hair shifted in color as well. The barrage of energy blasts were met with a fire-infused, and boosted, Storm Shield, her arms now crossed in front of her as she withstood the attack.

"Gao!!!!"

The air was split with the sonorous warcry of a very, angry Id....and what followed was an attack from all sides as the various forms of Erosa dropped their stalking game and sprung the trap. Ki Beams, explosive maws and razor claws incinerated, exploded and ribbon cut their way into a surprised army.

Mother Erosas massive claws skewered several invaders in one pass, forcing her to sing the bodies around to dislodge them from her hands.....and into other nearby invaders. Baby Erosa clung to the back of a screaming soldier while nibbling viciously upon his armor. Larva and pupa where keeping rather vocal tabs on their body count while getting hands on with multiple invaders at once, and adult simply keep the steam of maws flying....the sight of dozens of tooth lined spheres screaming up at them likely enough to put the fear of id into anyone.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gao!!!!"

The air was split with the sonorous warcry of a very, angry Id....and what followed was an attack from all sides as the various forms of Erosa dropped their stalking game and sprung the trap. Ki Beams, explosive maws and razor claws incinerated, exploded and ribbon cut their way into a surprised army.

Mother Erosas massive claws skewered several invaders in one pass, forcing her to sing the bodies around to dislodge them from her hands.....and into other nearby invaders. Baby Erosa clung to the back of a screaming soldier while nibbling viciously upon his armor. Larva and pupa where keeping rather vocal tabs on their body count while getting hands on with multiple invaders at once, and adult simply keep the steam of maws flying....the sight of dozens of tooth lined spheres screaming up at them likely enough to put the fear of id into anyone.
    The soldier were ill-prepared to face such powerful warriors. Between Dash and the Erosas Five, they were completely overwhelmed. Bodies, some unconscious and others absolutely eviscerated beyond recognition, laid strewn all over the city. Only a handful of soldiers remained and were huddled together in the center of a park. Their blasters had been damaged beyond use during the Erosas assault. It was a miracle they were even still alive, though one was badly injured to the point that he had one foot in the grave.

Pinach eventually arrived and opened a portal in the center of the city. Once the fighting started, civilians started filtering out of their bunkers and quickly headed to the portal and safety. "Good job, guys! We'll have everyone out in no time!" he said, giving the two M-fighters a thumbs up.

High above, however, what looked like a burst of fire was quickly descending. A ship had broken through the atmosphere and was beginning its landing procedure.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The soldier were ill-prepared to face such powerful warriors. Between Dash and the Erosas Five, they were completely overwhelmed. Bodies, some unconscious and others absolutely eviscerated beyond recognition, laid strewn all over the city. Only a handful of soldiers remained and were huddled together in the center of a park. Their blasters had been damaged beyond use during the Erosas assault. It was a miracle they were even still alive, though one was badly injured to the point that he had one foot in the grave.

Pinach eventually arrived and opened a portal in the center of the city. Once the fighting started, civilians started filtering out of their bunkers and quickly headed to the portal and safety. "Good job, guys! We'll have everyone out in no time!" he said, giving the two M-fighters a thumbs up.

High above, however, what looked like a burst of fire was quickly descending. A ship had broken through the atmosphere and was beginning its landing procedure.
    With Erosa(s) dealing with the army, Dash landed near Pinach, her armor depowering back to its' normal Spider form, her hair returning to its' natural black color. It was then that a light above them singled the arrival of, well, trouble. "Pinach, we're outta time."

She then yelled to the refugees, "RUN! Get into the Portal NOW! Grab the kids an elderly an MOVE IT!"

With that, she took to the air, prepared to defend the escapees at all costs.

Retired Overlord

"Ara, Ara...What little treats do we have here." While the other Erosas prepared to assist with the evacuation, Mother Erosa approached the defenders still remaining in the park. Her hands were held above her head....not in a motion of surrender, of course, but rather in a show of strength. In the way an animal will puff itself up to appear more threatening.

....not that she needed to appear, the damage done was already enough to proove that.

"Cowering and shaking, had your fill of being the predator and now your my meal...or maybe....if you play nice.....a chew toy." Mother smiled, and let her claw point upwards to the descending fireball. "Here's your chance to make nice.....tell me something interesting about your friends, act to slow or tell me something boring and I'll feed you to the baby......clocks tickin.."

With Erosa(s) dealing with the army, Dash landed near Pinach, her armor depowering back to its' normal Spider form, her hair returning to its' natural black color. It was then that a light above them singled the arrival of, well, trouble. "Pinach, we're outta time."

She then yelled to the refugees, "RUN! Get into the Portal NOW! Grab the kids an elderly an MOVE IT!"

As she watched the ship descend, Dash swore under her breath, "Where the heck is Totoma? Ain't he supposed to be here somewhere?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

There were hundreds of soon to be refugees that needed to escape, since the city was much larger than the prior one. That, plus the fact that Langal had the check-in point to keep track of how many were coming in slowed things down considerably. Pinach growled and watched the ship descend until it disappeared behind the skyline. "Hurry up, damnit!" he yelled.

Shortly after, there was a massive explosion that swept across the sky and vaporized a huge swath of Saiyan soldiers. That, more than Dash's insistence, put some pep in the refugees' step. "Oh no!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ara, Ara...What little treats do we have here." While the other Erosas prepared to assist with the evacuation, Mother Erosa approached the defenders still remaining in the park. Her hands were held above her head....not in a motion of surrender, of course, but rather in a show of strength. In the way an animal will puff itself up to appear more threatening.

....not that she needed to appear, the damage done was already enough to proove that.

"Cowering and shaking, had your fill of being the predator and now your my meal...or maybe....if you play nice.....a chew toy." Mother smiled, and let her claw point upwards to the descending fireball. "Here's your chance to make nice.....tell me something interesting about your friends, act to slow or tell me something boring and I'll feed you to the baby......clocks tickin.."
    The soldiers were in fact afraid, but the moment the massive explosion rained ash down on them, they chuckled. "You want to know something interesting about them? Why don't you ask them yourself!"

As she watched the ship descend, Dash swore under her breath, "Where the heck is Totoma? Ain't he supposed to be here somewhere?"
    Pinach had forgotten all about the Just Saiyan in all the excitement. He could feel the power of the two stronger soldiers, as well as his. It paled in comparison to theirs. "They're going to kill him! I have to help!" He powered up and prepared to take off for where he last felt his hero.

Daroga let his arm down. "Perhaps we should suggest to Lord Tundra that it is imperative to employ soldiers with at least some modicum of strength," he said with a profound sigh. "This is embarrassing."

"Hm. It seems the Super Saiyan is up ahead," Letchee remarked. They could both feel him, and see the faint trace of his golden aura as he battled the last of the generals. Or, next to last it seemed. "I assume you can handle the Saiyan."

"Of course." He powered up and quickly made his way to where Totoma was.

Letchee, on the other hand, stayed put and took stock of the situation. The majority of the remaining Saiyans were fighting their army. He could feel higher than normal powers some distance away, within one of the cities. "Interesting," he hummed. "Perhaps being dragged along wasn't a waste after all!" Letchee wasn't the type to outright kill his prey right away. Instead, he preferred to have some fun with them. And if these had interesting techniques, swapping their bodies out and watching them flail helplessly would be a barrel of laughs. Laughing to himself, he made a beeline for them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Totoma's kick landed with such force that it pulverized whatever internal organs that Skullos had. It also fractured his spine. He was a step from death, but still had it within him to speak. "A hero," he spat. Literally, black bile flew from his mouth with each word. "The world's righteous savior. Ever willing to protect the masses, even at the cost of your own soul. Tell me, hero. How many lives have you taken in the name of this so-called justice? A hundred? A thousand? How many is too many if it means protecting those who can't protect themselves?"

Totoma was practically covered from the torso up in black bile.

"Heh. Face it, hero. You and me, we're no different. The only thing that might separate us is motive. Me, I kill innocent people because it's fun. You, you kill those you threaten innocent people because it's the right thing to do." He shook his head in disgust. "One day you'll realize, that we're one and the same." He started to slump over, having lost too much blood (all over Totoma). "One day... you'll realize... that in the end, it doesn't even matter."

He fell out of the air and back into the water, his power fading from existence.
    There were hundreds of soon to be refugees that needed to escape, since the city was much larger than the prior one. That, plus the fact that Langal had the check-in point to keep track of how many were coming in slowed things down considerably. Pinach growled and watched the ship descend until it disappeared behind the skyline. "Hurry up, damnit!" he yelled.

Shortly after, there was a massive explosion that swept across the sky and vaporized a huge swath of Saiyan soldiers. That, more than Dash's insistence, put some pep in the refugees' step. "Oh no!"

The soldiers were in fact afraid, but the moment the massive explosion rained ash down on them, they chuckled. "You want to know something interesting about them? Why don't you ask them yourself!"

Pinach had forgotten all about the Just Saiyan in all the excitement. He could feel the power of the two stronger soldiers, as well as his. It paled in comparison to theirs. "They're going to kill him! I have to help!" He powered up and prepared to take off for where he last felt his hero.

Daroga let his arm down. "Perhaps we should suggest to Lord Tundra that it is imperative to employ soldiers with at least some modicum of strength," he said with a profound sigh. "This is embarrassing."

"Hm. It seems the Super Saiyan is up ahead," Letchee remarked. They could both feel him, and see the faint trace of his golden aura as he battled the last of the generals. Or, next to last it seemed. "I assume you can handle the Saiyan."

Letchee, on the other hand, stayed put and took stock of the situation. The majority of the remaining Saiyans were fighting their army. He could feel higher than normal powers some distance away, within one of the cities. "Interesting," he hummed. "Perhaps being dragged along wasn't a waste after all!" Letchee wasn't the type to outright kill his prey right away. Instead, he preferred to have some fun with them. And if these had interesting techniques, swapping their bodies out and watching them flail helplessly would be a barrel of laughs. Laughing to himself, he made a beeline for them.
    Totoma had been happily fighting... whoever, taking his leisurely time after the edge guy had bled all over him. But then... then he sensed an absolutely gargantuan power. A power larger than any he'd ever felt. Who in the hell could be so... so overwhelmingly powerful!? He broke away from his brawl and glanced in the direction of the quickly-approaching power.

"...friend of yours?" he asked the guy he'd been fighting. Probably.

Crap, as he was now, he couldn't handle this guy. Well, maybe but...

Either way, he was probably going to die if he stayed here.

It would be the smart thing to flee, but... he had to give the others a chance to get away. He'd briefly sensed Pinach a while back, and he could sense him now... coming towards him. Damn it..

'Pinach, focus on the civilians and our allies. I won't be able to hold this guy off for long...' came his words over the still-active Kizuna between them.

At his current level of power, he couldn't hold this guy off at all. That's why he had to pull out all the stops!

Clenching his fists, his golden aura burst into existence, and his power began to rise. Digging deep within himself, he drew out every bit of potential power he could find. Finally, he activated his Blutz Flash technique. His body reacted to the sudden influx of Blutz Waves and began changing, and with the change came a roar... or perhaps a scream. Totoma's aura was wild, almost out-of-control... like a raging inferno threatening to consume everything it touch. The sea below churned, a maelstrom of wind blew away from him, and the very planet itself shook at his unmitigated might!

At long last, his aura blasted outward in a final supernova, and when it dissipated, there stood Totoma, transformed into a form that some of the Elites and Super-elites on the battlefield would recognize...

The Hitozaru

...though a form of Hitozaru that was not the drab brown it normally should be, but rather the brilliant golden hue of the Super Saiyan form. In desperation, Totoma had combined the two, and by some miracle had not been ripped apart by the sheer power!

But he sure felt like he would be. Every part of his body ached, screaming for him to revert... but he could not do that now! If he did, he, Pinach... everyone would die. And that would not do...

Briefly, his thoughts drifted back to his loving wife and his young children. Over his Kizuna with them, a single word was conveyed.

'Goodbye.'

Shutting down the Kizuna to spare his loved ones the... repercussions... just in case he fell this day, Totoma focused on Daroga. After a moment, his aura flared and with amazing--even to himself--speed, he shot at the multi-armed dragon-man, delivering a heavy punch to his cheek with his right fist, another with his left, and then driving his fist into the alien's stomach.

Normally, he'd exchange a few words with his opponent, but his time was burning away by the second.

[Power increased to ???]
    [??? posts until the Just Saiyan's life burns away]
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 04-06-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

'Mama?'

Avoca's eyes woke up to find her son laying in bed with her, wide brown eyes looking over her curiously. She smiled and grabbed him to hold him close. Just knowing that she of all people was a mother was beyond her comprehension, yet every day brought something new to remind of her this fact. That she was parents with the love of her life only made it better.

'I promise, son," she said softly to Mais while he nestled into the crook of her neck, 'I'll make you and your sister proud.'

That conversation hadn't taken place in real life, but it had replayed in her head over and over again that it felt like reality. As her eyes fluttered open, she came to a realization. This would be the longest she had ever gone without at least hearing from her kids. She would never admit it out loud, but she missed them, and she couldn't stop wondering if they were safe. Parsley sent them away with a servant with implicit instructions to get them somewhere safe. At the time, any of the colonies were safer than Vocado. She feared -- a real primordial fear -- that the servant brought them to Ruco.

If something happened to them, she would just...

She swallowed and erased that thought from her mind. She needed to focus on her training so she could get stronger. Worrying about her children would only distract her. She needed to trust that whoever was on the outside was taking care of the invasion and, if needed, would save her twins.

She sat up to find that her wounds had been tended to and Tasure was cooking. The last thing she remembered was everything in her line of sight turning purple after she failed to absorb all the Galick Cannon. It was a good first try, but it wasn't good enough. Well, it's only day one. They had six months to come as close to perfect as they could. There was no need to try and get it all finely tuned in one day. Better to take her time than rush and develop a bad habit that couldn't be broken in time.

Sighing, she got up, wincing with each step.

"Good," she replied. "I think I'll have to if I plan on improving these techniques." She moved into the kitchen and started helping with the dish. Out of the two of them, she was a far better cook than Parsley was. She supposed the prodigy couldn't excel at everything.
    Tasure gave Avoca a sidelong glance as she worked. Huh, so the girl knew her way around the kitchen. Who'd have thought? Having a mate that was both strong and at least a decent cook was every saiyan's dream, male or female. Maybe when they had free time, she'd do Parsley a solid and get Avoca some cooking lessons from Bekon.

...but that could wait.

"Tomorrow, I'll teach you the Hitozaru technique," said Tasure. "Even I haven't perfected it yet, but it's good for upping your concentration and ki control. Shouldn't take you long to pick it up, I think."

"Now, I'm curious, what were the Three like?" asked Tasure, as she carefully skinned some potatoes with her Diamond Edge. "Between you and I, I've always been a fan of Beatz. Or at least how the legends depict him."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 04-06-2020 at 12:46 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Dash heard Pinach's exclamation and looked down to see him power-up. Landing next to him, "Pinach, don't go running off until the last of the refugees are safe." Dash sighed, then opened up her senses to try and locate Totoma. Finding him, she turned to the young prince, "You get the people through the portal, then follow after them. Ah'll go chase after Totoma."

She then called to Erosa, "As soon as the last of them are through, you're choice. Come with me or go with Pinach."

With that Dash powered up, knowing that even with Bear's Endurance, she has already taxed herself and not fully recovered. She only hoped she had enough power to drag Totoma away from his fight.

OT: Bear's Endurance only makes sure she doesn't drops her ki to dangerous levels, it's not a power up. Dash isn't relying on it to do more than keep her on her feet, keep her going, longer than usual.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-06-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

The green blur launched high above the lookout, soaring above it as if it were headed towards the heavens beyond the limits of the sky.

It lingered for a moment, before deigning to respect the feeble boundary before it, and it began to descent towards the earth once more.

It landed on the hard stone lookout with gentleness belying its violent entry, only displacing dust and debris for several yards surrounding it.

Frogspierre said nothing from his position, one knee bent on the lookout floor, with a closed fist supporting him.

He remained silent for a moment, as if pondering some mystery known only to himself.

Finally, his sharp eyes darted open, as he examined the world around him, before rising to his feet.

".....It's no surprise that the presence I felt was at this place." He muttured to himself, crossing his arms, "The Acrosian did make mention of this being the outpost for the last line of defense this planet had to offer...."

But still...That presence I felt...It was no ordinary warrior. It reminded me of the Stallion that he summoned into battle...

Inanna regarded the stoic warrior blankly before wagging the sword in his direction. Seemingly ignoring the outburst from blade in her hand.

"Where do you lot keep coming from; and don't tell me, you're here for the Billshitto, too."

To the sword, the golden-eyed woman then said.

"Teach me, or I turn you to soup."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna regarded the stoic warrior blankly before wagging the sword in his direction. Seemingly ignoring the outburst from blade in her hand.

"Where do you lot keep coming from; and don't tell me, you're here for the Billshitto, too."

To the sword, the golden-eyed woman then said.

"Teach me, or I turn you to soup."
    "I await your ally, Held." Frogspirre replied calmly, looking over the unusual, tall warrior. He had never seen one of her kind before, he, who had traversed the stars in their multitude in the name of freedom. "A promise was made, and so I stay my hand until the day that the justice we both seek in earnest has arrived."

It reminded him that there was always more to see, more to explore.

"I sensed an unusual aura that resonated with my blade." He explained, eyeing the...billshitto? before returning his gaze to meet her own. It had been sometime since he did not have to physically look down upon some one to meet at something approaching eye level. It was refreshing.

"It seemed to also prod at my soul as a swordsman...Although I cannot quite understand how." He continued, frowning, "I mistook it some odd trick of that man, and his interloping unicorn, but....It seems this is unrelated."

He tilted his head, examining the blade.

"Is this the source of that power? Or is this some odd habit you have? Forgive my rudeness, but I must inquire: You are aware most blades do not 'teach' in the literal sense, much less respond to threats?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I await your ally, Held." Frogspirre replied calmly, looking over the unusual, tall warrior. He had never seen one of her kind before, he, who had traversed the stars in their multitude in the name of freedom. "A promise was made, and so I stay my hand until the day that the justice we both seek in earnest has arrived."

It reminded him that there was always more to see, more to explore.

"I sensed an unusual aura that resonated with my blade." He explained, eyeing the...billshitto? before returning his gaze to meet her own. It had been sometime since he did not have to physically look down upon some one to meet at something approaching eye level. It was refreshing.

"It seemed to also prod at my soul as a swordsman...Although I cannot quite understand how." He continued, frowning, "I mistook it some odd trick of that man, and his interloping unicorn, but....It seems this is unrelated."

He tilted his head, examining the blade.

"Is this the source of that power? Or is this some odd habit you have? Forgive my rudeness, but I must inquire: You are aware most blades do not 'teach' in the literal sense, much less respond to threats?"
    "Mhm, yes... ribbeting." Inanna responded, having not at all given the new Toadian her attention. Well, her full attention. She'd certainly heard what Frogspierre had to say. But hearing and caring were only occasional bedfellows.

"I mean most weapons don't talk. I assume there's some entity or other living in the weapon. Destroying it, destroys them. Fairly tangible threat then, me liquifying its house."

Inanna then shrugged her shoulders.

"I also don't need whatever this... art is. I am quite capable with a sword. Having the totality of a civilizations martial knowledge, and prowess at my disposal." Inanna explained. "I am largely just curious, considering this thing's claim." The Oni took the sword and stabbed it into the Lookout, before leaning on it.

"More importantly, how do you know He Who Avoids Sexy Women?"

Arx Inosaan