Page 60 of 371 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Mhm, yes... ribbeting." Inanna responded, having not at all given the new Toadian her attention. Well, her full attention. She'd certainly heard what Frogspierre had to say. But hearing and caring were only occasional bedfellows.

"I mean most weapons don't talk. I assume there's some entity or other living in the weapon. Destroying it, destroys them. Fairly tangible threat then, me liquifying its house."

Inanna then shrugged her shoulders.

"I also don't need whatever this... art is. I am quite capable with a sword. Having the totality of a civilizations martial knowledge, and prowess at my disposal." Inanna explained. "I am largely just curious, considering this thing's claim." The Oni took the sword and stabbed it into the Lookout, before leaning on it.

"More importantly, how do you know He Who Avoids Sexy Women?"
    On A Planet Far, Far, Away: Navada
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Nevadian stood in front of his desk, his trio of spears hanging on the wall behind him, held above the wall by an ornate display. They were reduced to decorations, trophies...But ready to be plucked from their resting place and thrust into battle at a moments notice.

Infront of his stood several spectral images, holograms, of various leaders and persons of influence.

"Yes, I understand that those markets are unsanctioned, and agree that the possibility of something untoward happening is not by any means remote." Held replied with a sigh, pacing, "But my mandate is the Nevada reclamation project, as you are well aware. My first priority is to explore our homeworld proper."

He rubbed his temples, the conversation going around in circles. "There are other admirals, other departments, who are better equipped, and better experienced with such matters."

The older image laughed, bitterly.

"More experienced then your men, perhaps." He replied between chuckles, "But not many as experienced as yourself, Admiral Debon."

"Yes, but a man is only as strong as his weakest link." Held replied, knowing full well what would follow next.

"Then go by yourself? After all, surely a Shingan with as much insight as you have been blessed with, would make this a trivial matter." He interjected.

"You give me too much credit." Held replied politely, his body and mind wishing to be anywhere but here, "But I cannot simply overtake protocol for the designated forces, let alone walk into Merchant--'

"Guild Business." A gruff, muscular female, towering over the others, cut to the point, "We all know you're a member of the Merchant Guild. At the level they're fellating you, you can probably walk into whatever you want, and they'd cheer and applaud."

Her sneer cut through the---

"ACHOOO!"

"I don't know why Nero promoted you." she continued, nonplussed, "All hype. All flash. Then again, I can't expect a Unicorn jockey to be much better than that..."

Even separated by physical bodies, and great distance, Held could sense the silent agreement of those assembled. Not that it mattered. They would have opposed him no matter what he did.

"I will reserve judgement, unlike my Honorable Lady from the Clan of Behemoths." The elder replied, "But I'd atleast have thought that Firebird Brat to be less of a fo--"

"ACHOO!"

An uneasy silence lingered in the air.

"My apologies." The Nevadian replied, bowing slightly, "I seem to be a bit under the weather..."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EARTH

Frogspierre had--for the briefest of moments--considered answering her question tactfully. The truth of their encounter would no doubt rise her ire, if he were to disclose it. A more...prudent...being might have shied away from the truth.

Like a coward. This being was no coward. His mission was just, his heart pure, his blade true.

"I came here to bring him to justice for his crimes." Frogspierre replied simply, "...However, I have come to consider that he was merely a dumb, unfortunate tool, and a link to the vengeance I truly seek...."

He shifted his head to the right, as he continued examining the sword, "You may say we have a working relationship."

So she is a swordsman as well...I suppose between her and that blade, it was only natural I found my way here...

"I await his re---" He paused, "He Who does what?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 04-06-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma had been happily fighting... whoever, taking his leisurely time after the edge guy had bled all over him. But then... then he sensed an absolutely gargantuan power. A power larger than any he'd ever felt. Who in the hell could be so... so overwhelmingly powerful!? He broke away from his brawl and glanced in the direction of the quickly-approaching power.

"...friend of yours?" he asked the guy he'd been fighting. Probably.

Crap, as he was now, he couldn't handle this guy. Well, maybe but...

Either way, he was probably going to die if he stayed here.

It would be the smart thing to flee, but... he had to give the others a chance to get away. He'd briefly sensed Pinach a while back, and he could sense him now... coming towards him. Damn it..

'Pinach, focus on the civilians and our allies. I won't be able to hold this guy off for long...' came his words over the still-active Kizuna between them.

At his current level of power, he couldn't hold this guy off at all. That's why he had to pull out all the stops!

Clenching his fists, his golden aura burst into existence, and his power began to rise. Digging deep within himself, he drew out every bit of potential power he could find. Finally, he activated his Blutz Flash technique. His body reacted to the sudden influx of Blutz Waves and began changing, and with the change came a roar... or perhaps a scream. Totoma's aura was wild, almost out-of-control... like a raging inferno threatening to consume everything it touch. The sea below churned, a maelstrom of wind blew away from him, and the very planet itself shook at his unmitigated might!

At long last, his aura blasted outward in a final supernova, and when it dissipated, there stood Totoma, transformed into a form that some of the Elites and Super-elites on the battlefield would recognize...

The Hitozaru

...though a form of Hitozaru that was not the drab brown it normally should be, but rather the brilliant golden hue of the Super Saiyan form. In desperation, Totoma had combined the two, and by some miracle had not been ripped apart by the sheer power!

But he sure felt like he would be. Every part of his body ached, screaming for him to revert... but he could not do that now! If he did, he, Pinach... everyone would die. And that would not do...

Briefly, his thoughts drifted back to his loving wife and his young children. Over his Kizuna with them, a single word was conveyed.

'Goodbye.'

Shutting down the Kizuna to spare his loved ones the... repercussions... just in case he fell this day, Totoma focused on Daroga. After a moment, his aura flared and with amazing--even to himself--speed, he shot at the multi-armed dragon-man, delivering a heavy punch to his cheek with his right fist, another with his left, and then driving his fist into the alien's stomach.

Normally, he'd exchange a few words with his opponent, but his time was burning away by the second.

[Power increased to ???]
    [??? posts until the Just Saiyan's life burns away]
    When Daroga was about midway between his starting point and where the Super Saiyan was located, he had been unsure of what to expect. The fact that there was even a Super Saiyan at all with the Queen dead was surprising enough to him. It was his understanding that there was only one, but apparently that was not the case. Regardless, this new golden foe did not appear to be much of a challenge. This would hardly take more than five minutes, if that.

Then, suddenly, something... happened. The Super Saiyan appeared to have noticed his pending arrival and sought to prepare himself. Daroga was well aware of the Saiyans' ability to transform into giant apes. It was very similar to the Draconians' ability to transform into dragons -- an ability Daroga shed some time ago for another. And yet, that was not what was happening. Instead of increasing in size, the Saiyan simply increased his power while gaining a coat of golden fur.

Interesting, he remarked silently. He sought to engage verbally to learn of this ability, yet the Saiyan had different ideas. In a burst of speed that caught the Draconian by surprise, the Saiyan began his volley. The blows he landed were three, but they damaged him severely. With the final blow to the gut, Daroga doubled over in pain. What is this?! How is he so strong?!

"It seems I underestimated you," he managed while righting himself. Immediately, two of his arms grabbed Totoma's, while two more began to assail his face and torso, ending with a double ax handle smash to send him flying into the water below.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash heard Pinach's exclamation and looked down to see him power-up. Landing next to him, "Pinach, don't go running off until the last of the refugees are safe." Dash sighed, then opened up her senses to try and locate Totoma. Finding him, she turned to the young prince, "You get the people through the portal, then follow after them. Ah'll go chase after Totoma."

She then called to Erosa, "As soon as the last of them are through, you're choice. Come with me or go with Pinach."

With that Dash powered up, knowing that even with Bear's Endurance, she has already taxed herself and not fully recovered. She only hoped she had enough power to drag Totoma away from his fight.

OT: Bear's Endurance only makes sure she doesn't drops her ki to dangerous levels, it's not a power up. Dash isn't relying on it to do more than keep her on her feet, keep her going, longer than usual.
    Dash's skull was abruptly acquainted with Letchee's fist by way of a punch that sent her careening through several buildings.

The mysterious being landed gently on the street. "Tsk tsk tsk. Leaving so soon, are we?"

At seeing -- and more importantly, feeling -- Letchee, the civilians broke into a stampede through the portal. Pinach swallowed nervously, then steeled himself and interjected himself between Letchee and the portal. "Stop right there, evil-doer!"

He blinked twice, then burst into laughter. "Oh, a hero! I haven't seen one of you in ages! I thought your kind died off when they realized that heroics doesn't pay well enough." He shrugged and took a dangerous step forward. "Unfortunately, you're not powerful enough for me to bother with. And luckily for you, I'm not ordered to slaughter these dear little lambs. Although, that doesn't mean I won't have my fun with the lot of you before departing with that Super Saiyan's head!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat focuses her attention on the sword." Given how you said the utter and completely master of swordsmanship. I take that this Ultimate bushido teaches one how to wield and master all manner of sword types and sizes. Such as this big fucking sword I'm carrying around on my back," Praxat said.

Praxat does notice the male Toadian but is not focus on him. (Hmm, he's unusually tall for a male. Never seen another Toadian close to Althena's size, much less a male. He's not platinum in color, so he's doesn't belong to the subspecies Althena belongs to.) Praxat thought.

( So most likely he's a mutant,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Dash's skull was abruptly acquainted with Letchee's fist by way of a punch that sent her careening through several buildings.

The mysterious being landed gently on the street. "Tsk tsk tsk. Leaving so soon, are we?"

At seeing -- and more importantly, feeling -- Letchee, the civilians broke into a stampede through the portal. Pinach swallowed nervously, then steeled himself and interjected himself between Letchee and the portal. "Stop right there, evil-doer!"

He blinked twice, then burst into laughter. "Oh, a hero! I haven't seen one of you in ages! I thought your kind died off when they realized that heroics doesn't pay well enough." He shrugged and took a dangerous step forward. "Unfortunately, you're not powerful enough for me to bother with. And luckily for you, I'm not ordered to slaughter these dear little lambs. Although, that doesn't mean I won't have my fun with the lot of you before departing with that Super Saiyan's head!"
    Lying unconscious in the rubble, the surprise attack messed her up real bad. It might have been worse for Dash if she hadn't flared up her aura, which acted as a cushion. As she lay on the ground, her body began to slowly heal it's self, thanks to the mutual effects of her Healing Ki , and Bear's Endurance.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Parsley narrowed her eyes as the elemental moved to engage her. Its stony fists hurt a lot more than sandy ones, that much Parsley realized right away. However, if she could chip away at it, its healing from the sandy ground beneath their feet was no longer a factor. However, she seriously doubted she would be able to defeat it in this manner. Hm. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Sarada pulling herself to her feet. She offered her a subtle glance and then went on the offense. She met the now stone elemental's blows with more fervor, creating shockwaves with each collision.

Sarada, for her part, was stunned that Parsley managed to turn the elemental to stone. She guessed that, for all her mockery, there really was something to all this magic nonsense. It didn't make the likes of Neva, Inanna, Parsley, and Etrina any less nerdy, but maybe she didn't have to mention it every chance she got.

Nah!

Parsley and the statue were duking it out. It seemed that the latter hadn't noticed the trap she laid earlier. Perfect. Even more perfect was that Parsley had, and was attempting to back the stony creature up until it triggered it. Sarada flew in and helped, joining in the melee and attacking in tandem.
    Weakened by the form shift, it was clear enough Gaineamh was on the back foot as Sarada added her fists to the fray; it was equally clear that it was still proving tougher than they thought.

"May this be your first lesson, mortals." Gaineamh said as the exchange of blows continued, "We possess mastery of our given element... but we are not the Archons of our species for that alone.

At this point, Gaineamh began to slowly erect barriers of stone to fend off the blows it failed to block... and each barrier that WAS struck, and easily shattered adding to a small halo of debris that began to form around the Elemental. Which bit and cut into the Saiyans as they continued to lash out.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    On A Planet Far, Far, Away: Navada
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Nevadian stood in front of his desk, his trio of spears hanging on the wall behind him, held above the wall by an ornate display. They were reduced to decorations, trophies...But ready to be plucked from their resting place and thrust into battle at a moments notice.

Infront of his stood several spectral images, holograms, of various leaders and persons of influence.

"Yes, I understand that those markets are unsanctioned, and agree that the possibility of something untoward happening is not by any means remote." Held replied with a sigh, pacing, "But my mandate is the Nevada reclamation project, as you are well aware. My first priority is to explore our homeworld proper."

He rubbed his temples, the conversation going around in circles. "There are other admirals, other departments, who are better equipped, and better experienced with such matters."

The older image laughed, bitterly.

"More experienced then your men, perhaps." He replied between chuckles, "But not many as experienced as yourself, Admiral Debon."

"Yes, but a man is only as strong as his weakest link." Held replied, knowing full well what would follow next.

"Then go by yourself? After all, surely a Shingan with as much insight as you have been blessed with, would make this a trivial matter." He interjected.

"You give me too much credit." Held replied politely, his body and mind wishing to be anywhere but here, "But I cannot simply overtake protocol for the designated forces, let alone walk into Merchant--'

"Guild Business." A gruff, muscular female, towering over the others, cut to the point, "We all know you're a member of the Merchant Guild. At the level they're fellating you, you can probably walk into whatever you want, and they'd cheer and applaud."

Her sneer cut through the---

"ACHOOO!"

"I don't know why Nero promoted you." she continued, nonplussed, "All hype. All flash. Then again, I can't expect a Unicorn jockey to be much better than that..."

Even separated by physical bodies, and great distance, Held could sense the silent agreement of those assembled. Not that it mattered. They would have opposed him no matter what he did.

"I will reserve judgement, unlike my Honorable Lady from the Clan of Behemoths." The elder replied, "But I'd atleast have thought that Firebird Brat to be less of a fo--"

"ACHOO!"

An uneasy silence lingered in the air.

"My apologies." The Nevadian replied, bowing slightly, "I seem to be a bit under the weather..."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EARTH

Frogspierre had--for the briefest of moments--considered answering her question tactfully. The truth of their encounter would no doubt rise her ire, if he were to disclose it. A more...prudent...being might have shied away from the truth.

Like a coward. This being was no coward. His mission was just, his heart pure, his blade true.

"I came here to bring him to justice for his crimes." Frogspierre replied simply, "...However, I have come to consider that he was merely a dumb, unfortunate tool, and a link to the vengeance I truly seek...."

He shifted his head to the right, as he continued examining the sword, "You may say we have a working relationship."

So she is a swordsman as well...I suppose between her and that blade, it was only natural I found my way here...

"I await his re---" He paused, "He Who does what?"
    Inanna stated at the admittedly tall, and very muscular Toadian blankly, before chuckling. "That's about how I would describe him. Or perhaps... more focused on credits than sense. Or cents. Heh."

At the question however, the chuckle became a laugh.

"My... younger self, took a liking to Held. To the point where, had he asked, she would have used his face as a chair. Alas, the boy was afraid of the blue horny woman that was; and fled." A chuckle and a smirk were offered before the golden-eyed woman shrugged again.

"Boy didn't know when to hold them, and fold them."

Anywhoo.Trios down memory lane aside the sword she was using as a leaning post was oddly silent. Which meant more threats were necessary.

"Hey you. Muramasa. Suddenly afraid?"

... and speaking of things. What'd happened to Durive?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

When Daroga was about midway between his starting point and where the Super Saiyan was located, he had been unsure of what to expect. The fact that there was even a Super Saiyan at all with the Queen dead was surprising enough to him. It was his understanding that there was only one, but apparently that was not the case. Regardless, this new golden foe did not appear to be much of a challenge. This would hardly take more than five minutes, if that.

Then, suddenly, something... happened. The Super Saiyan appeared to have noticed his pending arrival and sought to prepare himself. Daroga was well aware of the Saiyans' ability to transform into giant apes. It was very similar to the Draconians' ability to transform into dragons -- an ability Daroga shed some time ago for another. And yet, that was not what was happening. Instead of increasing in size, the Saiyan simply increased his power while gaining a coat of golden fur.

Interesting, he remarked silently. He sought to engage verbally to learn of this ability, yet the Saiyan had different ideas. In a burst of speed that caught the Draconian by surprise, the Saiyan began his volley. The blows he landed were three, but they damaged him severely. With the final blow to the gut, Daroga doubled over in pain. What is this?! How is he so strong?!

"It seems I underestimated you," he managed while righting himself. Immediately, two of his arms grabbed Totoma's, while two more began to assail his face and torso, ending with a double ax handle smash to send him flying into the water below.
    Daroga's blows were heavy, like an entire planet's weight being smashed against his body, sending him careening into the water below. They hurt even in this enhanced form, and had he not turned into a... Super Hitozaru, those blows would've shattered every bone in his body.

...hell, might've shattered his body entirely.

Taking a bulp of water--blech, that's right... it was salt water--Totoma's haurvatat technique activated and his body began to fight against the damage this super-empowered state was inflicting upon him. Good, that should give him--and the others--a bit more time.

...although alternating between damage and repair made the pain even worse. It was like his body was on fire! But the fight had just begun, so he couldn't let it get to him...

His feet touching the seabed, Totoma cupped his hands, then drew them back. Golden energy began pooling there, and the sea water all around him began boiling. As he charged, this boil reached the surface, sending up plumes of steam... and it was spreading.

Tch, just the effort of channeling my ki in this state... it's like my body's being engulfed in flames from the inside.

...had he just tch'd? Crap, he was starting to take after his mom.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of pain, he thrust his hands forwards, releasing an awesome golden beam of raw power that tore through the ocean and then burst forth from its surface.

However, the aforementioned 'heat' intensified with the release of the attack, so just before it surfaced, the ocean for miles around evaporated... near-instantly, sending up a cloud of super-heated vapor. The vapor itself wouldn't do any damage, even to any saiyan soldiers caught up in it, but it would give his Kamehameha some cover.

...and him, if he needed to beat a hasty retreat soon. Which he probably would.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Daroga's blows were heavy, like an entire planet's weight being smashed against his body, sending him careening into the water below. They hurt even in this enhanced form, and had he not turned into a... Super Hitozaru, those blows would've shattered every bone in his body.

...hell, might've shattered his body entirely.

Taking a bulp of water--blech, that's right... it was salt water--Totoma's haurvatat technique activated and his body began to fight against the damage this super-empowered state was inflicting upon him. Good, that should give him--and the others--a bit more time.

...although alternating between damage and repair made the pain even worse. It was like his body was on fire! But the fight had just begun, so he couldn't let it get to him...

His feet touching the seabed, Totoma cupped his hands, then drew them back. Golden energy began pooling there, and the sea water all around him began boiling. As he charged, this boil reached the surface, sending up plumes of steam... and it was spreading.

Tch, just the effort of channeling my ki in this state... it's like my body's being engulfed in flames from the inside.

...had he just tch'd? Crap, he was starting to take after his mom.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of pain, he thrust his hands forwards, releasing an awesome golden beam of raw power that tore through the ocean and then burst forth from its surface.

However, the aforementioned 'heat' intensified with the release of the attack, so just before it surfaced, the ocean for miles around evaporated... near-instantly, sending up a cloud of super-heated vapor. The vapor itself wouldn't do any damage, even to any saiyan soldiers caught up in it, but it would give his Kamehameha some cover.

...and him, if he needed to beat a hasty retreat soon. Which he probably would.
    As soon as he sent Totoma hurtling into the waters below, Daroga took a moment to collect himself. He did not expect him to be as strong as he was. His blows actually hurt, though not enough to take him out of the fight for good.

He flexed his jaw to make sure it wasn't dislocated -- it wasn't -- then erupted into motion to continue the assault. However, shortly before he reached the ocean's surface, a tremendous burst of superheated water vapor shot up in his face and eyes. Before he could even beginning to react, the cause of the vapor slammed into him. Totoma's Kamehameha caught the already distracted Daroga off-guard and carried him away with such force, it could only be likened to a bug hit by a car windshield. But, he didn't go splat. Instead, he allowed the beam to carry him away until he regained his focus.

With a single smooth motion, he pushed himself away and quickly got out of the way of the beam.

"This Saiyan," he muttered, breathless from the exertion. "Curse him!" His aura roared to life he streaked back to the battlefield. Totoma only had a few moments before he was on him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Tasure gave Avoca a sidelong glance as she worked. Huh, so the girl knew her way around the kitchen. Who'd have thought? Having a mate that was both strong and at least a decent cook was every saiyan's dream, male or female. Maybe when they had free time, she'd do Parsley a solid and get Avoca some cooking lessons from Bekon.

...but that could wait.

"Tomorrow, I'll teach you the Hitozaru technique," said Tasure. "Even I haven't perfected it yet, but it's good for upping your concentration and ki control. Shouldn't take you long to pick it up, I think."

"Now, I'm curious, what were the Three like?" asked Tasure, as she carefully skinned some potatoes with her Diamond Edge. "Between you and I, I've always been a fan of Beatz. Or at least how the legends depict him."
    "Hitozaru, huh?" Parsley had mentioned wanting to teach her back when she still had her tail and the form was still relevant. But once she lost it and they all found out that it took years off a Saiyan's lifespan, that desire ebbed away until there was hardly any excitement about the prospect. That lack of enthusiasm still remained, but at least with this lesson, she would get something out of it. "Alright, let's do it."

She started chopping up some carrots and and the potatoes Tasure skinned. "Beatz is an *******," she said with a shake of her head. "He just couldn't tell me straight up what I needed to know. He had to wrap it up in a mystery like a douche. Buffet was the weirdest. Half the time, he was eating **** that shouldn't have even been possible. The other half, he looked like he wanted to eat me!" She shuddered. "Brocado was the coolest out of the three and my favorite. He gave me all these tips to max out my gains. Oh, speaking of." Her tail whipped around and gave Tasure a bottled water. "Hydration is key to success, bro."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Weakened by the form shift, it was clear enough Gaineamh was on the back foot as Sarada added her fists to the fray; it was equally clear that it was still proving tougher than they thought.

"May this be your first lesson, mortals." Gaineamh said as the exchange of blows continued, "We possess mastery of our given element... but we are not the Archons of our species for that alone.

At this point, Gaineamh began to slowly erect barriers of stone to fend off the blows it failed to block... and each barrier that WAS struck, and easily shattered adding to a small halo of debris that began to form around the Elemental. Which bit and cut into the Saiyans as they continued to lash out.
    The Saiyan sisters continued their assault, steadily attempting to push the Archon back into the trap Sarada laid minutes earlier. While it had been working before, it wasn't working anymore. The creature flexed its mastery over its new elemental and erected walls of stone to block their attacks. The walls were shattered, only for the debris to be used against them to further lessen the advantage their superior numbers gave them. The debris nicked and cut into them.

Sarada fell back. Her legs and face were bleeding profusely. Parsley wasn't in much better shape, but found it within herself to smile. "So, you're a teacher?" she asked as she floated upward. "Tell me: what's a teacher that fails to learn from such an obvious and simple lesson?"

She held her hand out. The blood that fell from Sarada and Parsley gathered into her grasp, quickly circling around her hand until it formed a halo of sanguine sigils. "One more time for the learning impaired." The sigil glowed a deep red as it shifted from in front of her hand to hovering above the Archon. "Explosion!"

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Lying unconscious in the rubble, the surprise attack messed her up real bad. It might have been worse for Dash if she hadn't flared up her aura, which acted as a cushion. As she lay on the ground, her body began to slowly heal it's self, thanks to the mutual effects of her Healing Ki , and Bear's Endurance.
    It felt like something falling gently on her face. Dash looked up and saw flower petals, nothing but flower petals falling gently on the wind.

For a moment she closed her eyes, then slowly opened them again, only to find, a building in rubble. Light from the alien sky above breaking through the damaged roof.

Moving was hard at first. When she attempted to free a hand, pain radiated along her arm. Laying there and taking a few calming breaths, she soon could feel the pain subside as her injuries continued to heal.

How long was she lying there? What about the others? How did she end up like this? Questions flooded her mind as she once again struggled to get out from under the stone and metal that was once part of the building.

After a few tries, Dash was finally able to free herself enough to push up into a sitting position, clearing her mind of the haze from being knocked out. It was then that she took stock of her condition before looking outward with all of her senses to trying to figure out what happened and what's going on.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Praxat sits down as she awaits a response from Muramasa, and thinks about Held. ( Yeah, Held's a greedy bastard alright. The guy just loves money. If I had to bet who was greedier between Held and Blizzar. I would place my bet on, Held,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-06-2020 at 11:58 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I await your ally, Held." Frogspirre replied calmly, looking over the unusual, tall warrior. He had never seen one of her kind before, he, who had traversed the stars in their multitude in the name of freedom. "A promise was made, and so I stay my hand until the day that the justice we both seek in earnest has arrived."

It reminded him that there was always more to see, more to explore.

"I sensed an unusual aura that resonated with my blade." He explained, eyeing the...billshitto? before returning his gaze to meet her own. It had been sometime since he did not have to physically look down upon some one to meet at something approaching eye level. It was refreshing.

"It seemed to also prod at my soul as a swordsman...Although I cannot quite understand how." He continued, frowning, "I mistook it some odd trick of that man, and his interloping unicorn, but....It seems this is unrelated."

He tilted his head, examining the blade.

"Is this the source of that power? Or is this some odd habit you have? Forgive my rudeness, but I must inquire: You are aware most blades do not 'teach' in the literal sense, much less respond to threats?"
    "....YOU!" The Muramasa bellowed. "DO YOU NOT REMEMBER, SWORDSMAN!
    ? I SUPPOSE NOT. IT WAS LONG AGO..."

Inanna stated at the admittedly tall, and very muscular Toadian blankly, before chuckling. "That's about how I would describe him. Or perhaps... more focused on credits than sense. Or cents. Heh."

At the question however, the chuckle became a laugh.

"My... younger self, took a liking to Held. To the point where, had he asked, she would have used his face as a chair. Alas, the boy was afraid of the blue horny woman that was; and fled." A chuckle and a smirk were offered before the golden-eyed woman shrugged again.

"Boy didn't know when to hold them, and fold them."

Anywhoo.Trios down memory lane aside the sword she was using as a leaning post was oddly silent. Which meant more threats were necessary.

"Hey you. Muramasa. Suddenly afraid?"

... and speaking of things. What'd happened to Durive?
    "I FEAR NO DESTROYER! I WILL ONLY REGRET IF THE ANCIENT ARTS ARE TRULY LOST..."

Durive was nowhere to be found, he had no power level to speak of to determine his exact location. But if one listened closely, they could hear a skittering on the rooftops of the lookout....along with the sounds of something...heavy.

The Saiyan sisters continued their assault, steadily attempting to push the Archon back into the trap Sarada laid minutes earlier. While it had been working before, it wasn't working anymore. The creature flexed its mastery over its new elemental and erected walls of stone to block their attacks. The walls were shattered, only for the debris to be used against them to further lessen the advantage their superior numbers gave them. The debris nicked and cut into them.

Sarada fell back. Her legs and face were bleeding profusely. Parsley wasn't in much better shape, but found it within herself to smile. "So, you're a teacher?" she asked as she floated upward. "Tell me: what's a teacher that fails to learn from such an obvious and simple lesson?"

She held her hand out. The blood that fell from Sarada and Parsley gathered into her grasp, quickly circling around her hand until it formed a halo of sanguine sigils. "One more time for the learning impaired." The sigil glowed a deep red as it shifted from in front of her hand to hovering above the Archon. "Explosion!"

Gaineamh seemed... unbothered, even as the explosion that ripped through its current form overwhelmed it and turned what it had been into constituent atoms; and when the dust from the massive explosion subsided the Saiyan sisters found themselves alone. Until, well... Gaineamh reconstited itself. Slowly to be sure, certainly far weaker than it might've been previous to the blood magic trap... but no longer trapped in stone.

"Are you trying to teach me how to throw away an advantage... ?" It asked, rather amsued.

Arx Inosaan