Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Just make it an anthology series and use all the earth based GLs and some of the aliens plus the Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Just make it an anthology series and use all the earth based GLs and some of the aliens plus the Guardians.
    We already have an anthology series with Strange Adventures. This would be totally redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    We already have an anthology series with Strange Adventures. This would be totally redundant.
    That it would be doesn't automatically make it a bad idea.

Lord know that the IP lends itself to the "Anthology" format. Never mind that it would leave you with a built in "Out" if the show didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Maybe not an anthology but something like The Mandalorian that's more serialized. You rotate between Hal/John/Guy/Kyle each episode in mostly adventure of the week type stories each doing theyrr own thing. Then bring all the plot lines together in the end. Due to budget reason I doubt we get more then 8 episodes maybe 10. John and Guy get 2 episodes each. Then Hal and Kyle in a Mentor/Recruit relationship get 2 episodes of them(You can switch it up and give Hal his own and make John Kyle's Mentor actually.) Bringing you to 6 episodes leaving 2 episodes for them to weave all these seemingly unconnected stories together. Hopefuly in a way you dont see coming.

I'd love that though have 4 main leads instead of just one and side characters.

^^I love pretty much everything you're saying, except I'd let people in on the larger story (scenes on OA, with Salaak and/or the Honor Guard or whatever) to lead the audience along and let them in on the larger stakes or some ppl might lose interest by the time you tie the stories together. I'd also have at least one ep star a non humanoid and get a little experimental with the storytelling.

I think there was even a Green Lantern figure in the promo art, if I recall correctly.

Okay, I got tired of the Hal vs John and race debates after a few pages, is there any actual fun discussion going about this series in this thread outside that inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Okay, I got tired of the Hal vs John and race debates after a few pages, is there any actual fun discussion going about this series in this thread outside that inferno?
    I think it stopped last page where I asked about fan casts to break away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ^^I love pretty much everything you're saying, except I'd let people in on the larger story (scenes on OA, with Salaak and/or the Honor Guard or whatever) to lead the audience along and let them in on the larger stakes or some ppl might lose interest by the time you tie the stories together. I'd also have at least one ep star a non humanoid and get a little experimental with the storytelling.
    Yea but maybe use what Watchmen on HBO did as a example of how to keep people hooked and then tie it all together in the end. And For sure Killowag better appear mutiple times. Also wouldnt mind sinestro being a costar in all of Hals episodes and maybe have him be what ties everything together. Or maybe each GL gets one episode and Kilowag and Sinestro get they're own. Maybe even give Ganthet an episode. What it's like to be him dealing with these other guardians and the politics.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-20-2019 at 02:17 PM.

I think it stopped last page where I asked about fan casts to break away from it.
    So, a full seven pages of fan rage. Yikes.

As someone who doesn't particularly care for Hal, John, Kyle, or Guy in particular...come on Mogo! Best Lantern ever!

Extraordinary Member

Is the GLC film in development hell?

If the film is ever to be made, then throw Hal, John, & Guy there.

For the HBO series, use Kyle & Jessica.

Split up the alien GLs between the two.

Perhaps I'm being greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Is the GLC film in development hell?

If the film is ever to be made, then throw Hal, John, & Guy there.

For the HBO series, use Kyle & Jessica.

Split up the alien GLs between the two.

Perhaps I'm being greedy.
    The movie is most likely dead at this point.

So, a full seven pages of fan rage. Yikes.
    From what I've seen, that's the new normal in fandom these days; remember how long certain pockets of the internet were still raging over The Last Jedi even after it left theaters?

As someone who doesn't particularly care for Hal, John, Kyle, or Guy in particular...come on Mogo! Best Lantern ever!
    Agreed he should be in it somewhere.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Clearly the answer here is to cast an African-American as Hal. That will solve all the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Clearly the answer here is to cast an African-American as Hal. That will solve all the debate.
    Joking or not, that might just be an idea whose time has come.