Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

It's development is done, I reckon (unfortunately). They'll end up just absorbing Gwen into 616 eventually like they did with Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, Earth-65 doesn't seem like a priority to develop at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's development is done, I reckon (unfortunately). They'll end up just absorbing Gwen into 616 eventually like they did with Miles.
    If so, a blonde is going to live in the "main" Earth while her counterpart from said Earth is dead? Why does that sound familiar?

Oh well, if Gwen does end up being Power Girl's equivalent, I just hope they avoid all of that nonsense they did with Karen, so y'know, don't make Gwen into a time traveling Atlantean or somethin' like that lol.

I'm getting a deja vu, I think a discussion like that happened in this forum, maybe I even mentioned the time traveling Atlantean too lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-04-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Gwen mixed with Punisher? I dunno, she always struck me as more of an assassin type:

Speaking of Earth-65, I wonder if there'll ever be any more heroes or we're stuck with the now-part timer Gwen, Captain America and the knock-off suicide squad. Cause if so I'm not like this world's chances.
    That would be a shame, but I love the artwork you've shared here. Good stuff.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I dunno, they seem to be tyring to split Gwen evenly between her world and 616 given the plot with dual world Jackals and the plot point of her getting into conflict with noth Jameson Jr. and his dad.

Fantastic Member

So according to this Gwen’s the leader of the Spider guild faction...as the new Madame Web. That’s...a new direction to take for her. At least it explains why the Spidey in the trailer has a hood - she likely made it mandated uniform.
    Last edited by eratas123; 10-05-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Must've done that because, face it, Gwen's more popular than Julia Carpenter.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Still, with Gwen seeming to take every role within the Spider clan I wonder what her next one will be. She's already been a regular Spider, Venom, Gwen Goblin and now Madame Web.

new sketch outrage with gwen frank cho (Olivia and Popeye with Gwen) New York Comicon

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3PNtyDhxsO/

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post

So according to this Gwen’s the leader of the Spider guild faction...as the new Madame Web. That’s...a new direction to take for her. At least it explains why the Spidey in the trailer has a hood - she likely made it mandated uniform.
    Yeah, I can see that. Or Cassandra Webb, for that matter.

Fantastic Member

Saw this while browsing through tumblr:

Meme picture aside I do wonder if the writers intended for Gwen to be just uninterested in romance or it was unintentional. Unlike the other Spiders we never see her being attracted to anyone or going out of her way to try and date like Miles, Peter, Mayday, SpOck, Silk etc etc. Miles and Harry's situations were kind of weird too. In the former they kissed because they found out about Amazing 8 and Gwen was the first to break it off. Even afterwards when Miles seemed to be dopey about finding his 'soulmate' for a coupe of issues Gwen never lingered on it and treats Miles as just a friend.

Likewise with Harry he was the one to ask her out first and her reaction to it sort of implies she was just rolling with it to try and be 'normal' rather than because she specifically liked Harry. I dunno, I can't tell if she's meant to be not interested in relationships or the authors just kinda bungled it and she is supposed to be just like the other Spiders.

That panel made me think of Doctor Who. Whenever he takes on a new companion, since the Ninth Doctor's time, he upgrades their phone to be able to contact present day Earth regardless of where or when they are (i.e., it still works when either off-world or not in the present day). That's what Gwen wants Reed to do.

Fantastic Member

So I scanned through the older issues and, yeah, I’m convinced Gwen’s either aromantic or traumatized to the point that she doesn’t consider romantic relations since there’s no way this wasn’t deliberate in some way. First off even before Peter’s death she was extremely oblivious to both her best friends having crushes on her till Glory/May told her, and even after being told she doesn’t do anything with this info or dwell on it.

The way she reacts to shows of attraction is also different. When Peter got the attention of fans attracted to him he was surprised but you could also tell he was flattered and sheepish about it. Gwen, on the other hand, gets annoyed and/or disgusted:

This can even extend to how she receives attention from her friends. When Mary Jane makes a song about her Gwen’s expression indicates that she’s at best neutral and at worst put off by it. Likewise when Harry asked her out she was noticeably reluctant and just kinda rolled with it. Note that there was no indication of attraction on her end and her thoughts make it clear it’s an attempt for her to forget about her current headache issues with Venom:

Also, she does confirm at the very least that she had no romantic feelings for her world’s Peter Parker despite knowing what she does now when talking to Earth-617 Gwen. So yeah, either she’s aromantic, traumatized due to past experiences or she’s just not considering dating for whatever reason. If she is made canonically aromantic then it’d actually be nice to see her focus on her friends and family more.

On a different note, the artist is either suffering from same face syndrome or the new character Kosei is more than he appears. Look at how he’s drawn next to this artist’s rendition of 65-Peter (on the left) during a flashback:

Apart from the glasses they could pass off as twins.

are gwen's webs organic, or does she own webcasters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are gwen's webs organic, or does she own webcasters?
    She had web-shooters made by Janet van Dyne from her universe at first, but after she lost her powers and regained them through her universe's Venom symbiote, it's the symbiote that makes webs for her.