Page 236 of 295 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Batman is the one where Bruce is really young, and actually drawn really young, right? What's the one where it's 3D and he partners with Katana?
    Beware the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Can't remember the season, but those did happen.
    Come to think of it it might have been that episode where Robin is hallucinating seeing Slade all the time and Raven peers into his mind...I think that was in season 3? It was before Trigon revived Slade.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They'll never be treated as equals no, but neither is anyone else.

The Titans generation doesn't have to be viewed as equals to the Trinity and League (in-universe they should be perhaps, but we all know fandom and editorial will never actually treat them that way), they just have to find their own unique niche. If all Nightwing does is protect a grimy, dank city and fight gangs, mob bosses, and psychos, then he's never going to be seen as much beyond a second tier Batman. But if Dick is doing something completely different, where his narrative isn't in direct comparison to Bruce's, then he can be viewed as the king of his particular niche. People won't really consider him Bruce's equal, but by serving a different role Dick can become as much an equal as anyone can. No one truly considers Ray Palmer to be Bruce's equal, but Ray at least gets to be the best at what he does. That's all Dick, Roy, Donna, Wally, etc, need.
    He already has that niche, dude. He's the best at getting put on the chopping block and narrowly avoiding death each event season.

You're right, though. He's often referred to as among the most trusted, well-connected and overall beloved in the entire cape community. Maybe start a new volume of The Brave and the Bold or DC Comics Presents with him as the anchor. New partner each issue! That may help them stall any actual development until the find the right writer or pitch to relaunch Nightwing proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He already has that niche, dude. He's the best at getting put on the chopping block and narrowly avoiding death each event season.

You're right, though. He's often referred to as among the most trusted, well-connected and overall beloved in the entire cape community. Maybe start a new volume of The Brave and the Bold or DC Comics Presents with him as the anchor. New partner each issue! That may help them stall any actual development until the find the right writer or pitch to relaunch Nightwing proper.
    well that's what I feel nightwing should be. A globetrotting action adventure hero with regular team ups. Not this batman lite/ adult Robin B.S that makes him irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

Age roll call. The one that I remember.
    Trapeze Training - 5
    Golden Age origin - 8
    Post Crisis origin? - 10?
    Birthday Batplane - 10
    ASBAR - 12
    Silver Age - 12-13? There's a school dance
    Late silver age - 14-15?
    New 52 Zero Year - 15
    New 52 Robin - 16
    Bronze beginning - 16-17?
    BTAS Sub Zero - high school graduate
    Hudson period - 18
    Batman Forever - college student
    NTT - college dropout
    New 52 Nightwing - 21
    Rebirth Nightwing - mid-20s
    - Golden Age Origin Birthday Batplane are debatable, that age 8 was clearly mentioned the first time in the 80s in NTT afaik. And in his Silver AGe Orgin Story retelling he said to be a teenager
    - He was allready arround 15 in the late Golden age, about 16-18 in the late silver age
    - Bronze beginning and Hudson period is the same (Dick leaving Gotham for University and Bruce moving from the Manor to the Penthouse is sually seen as the start of the Bronze Age in Batman Comics), which made him 18 at that time
    - He was 19 when he became Nightwing
    - He was roughly 21 when Tim appeared

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    - Golden Age Origin Birthday Batplane are debatable, that age 8 was clearly mentioned the first time in the 80s in NTT afaik. And in his Silver AGe Orgin Story retelling he said to be a teenager
    - He was allready arround 15 in the late Golden age, about 16-18 in the late silver age
    - Bronze beginning and Hudson period is the same (Dick leaving Gotham for University and Bruce moving from the Manor to the Penthouse is sually seen as the start of the Bronze Age in Batman Comics), which made him 18 at that time
    - He was 19 when he became Nightwing
    - He was roughly 21 when Tim appeared
    The birthday spank was 10 times, and the story was published 2 years after his debut. Oh, so the 80s mentioned it too? Devin Grayson mentioned it too, I don't know which issue. Bruce's parents often died at 8 too up until at least the 80s, also Rebirth, and they like to make it match.

Wait really? He still looks so small.

I can see him being 16-17 in the late silver age, that's when I see that he's bigger.

I thought early Bronze he's younger because he looks smaller when Barbara debuted. Was that after college?

Age roll call. The one that I remember. Plus updates
    Trapeze Training - 5
    Golden Age origin - 8
    The 80s Origin - 8
    Post Crisis origin? - 10?
    Birthday Batplane - 10
    ASBAR - 12
    Silver age origin - teenager
    Silver Age - 13-14?
    Late Golden Age - 15
    New 52 Zero Year - 15
    New 52 Robin - 16
    Late silver age - 16-17?
    BTAS Sub Zero - high school graduate
    Hudson period - 18
    Batman Forever - college student
    NTT - college dropout - so he's in college only for a year or was he still studying when he became Nightwing?
    Judas Contract Nightwing - 19
    New 52 Nightwing - 21
    A wild Drake appeared - 21?
    Rebirth Nightwing - mid-20s

How old was he when he became the grown-up Robin or that weird Batman Robin hybrid in JSA?

Extraordinary Member

The birthday spank was 10 times, and the story was published 2 years after his debut. Oh, so the 80s mentioned it too?
    But he had also 13 or 14 candels on his cake, and he got a plane for his Birthday.

I thought early Bronze he's younger because he looks smaller when Barbara debuted. Was that after college?
    I'm not sure which comics you are referring to. Barbara Appered first in the late silver age when Dick was still in his teens (15 or 16) and was much shorter then her.

The Bronze Age stated in 1969 when Dick left Gotham for Hudson and Barbra became congress woman and iirc Dick stayed in collage during the 70s, and didn't drop out untill the 80s shortly before joining the new Teen Titans.

Silver age origin - teenager
    Silver Age - 13-14?
    Late Golden Age - 15
    Late Golden Age happend before Silver Age (there was no break in continuity for Batman) do Dick would have still been 15 arround that time

How old was he when he became the grown-up Robin or that weird Batman Robin hybrid in JSA?
    In the later Earth Two JSA Stories Time was supposed to pass in real time, with Earth Two Dick being born in 1928.

Fantastic Member

Oh and also Earth-1 Robin was officially 15 and the oldest in the Fab Four team when he first starred in The Brave and the Bold.

Extraordinary Member

@ Restingvoice

If you wan't look into the Batfamily ages, you can find here a text with what I could find in the comics, with all the sources.
    It covers everyting from the Golden Age to the current comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    @ Restingvoice

If you wan't look into the Batfamily ages, you can find here a text with what I could find in the comics, with all the sources.
    It covers everyting from the Golden Age to the current comics.
    I just wanted to say that this is awesome. But I would disagree on Barbara being a congresswoman before 25 due to accelerated schooling. The Constitution requires members of the House of Representatives to be 25. Article I, Section 2 "No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen."

Edit: Also, have you done any of these for any more characters/families? Obviously, the Bats are prime material, but just thought I'd ask.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-11-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Being the new Batman is just a overdone stunt at this point. Dick is better served trying to find that good story and earning more narrative priority as Nightwing or Grayson. Which is hard when the comic department heads see Dick as a threat, and so purposely sabotage the character and listen to terrible, bottom of the charts, old creators like Lobdell with him. Still at this point i'd rather they continue to try and develop his own narrative path then go down the temporary Batman path again.
    thhhhhiiiiiiisssssssss

When JPV or Dick took over it felt special. Someone else wearing the cowl at this point makes me roll my eyes.

Would you guys suggest diving into the Rebirth Titans stuff for more Nightwing reading?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Would you guys suggest diving into the Rebirth Titans stuff for more Nightwing reading?
    Dan Abnett did not wrote the best Nightwing during his run with the Titans.

Actually, he didn't wrote a good Titans book, period. He started okay with the Wally arc and went downhill soon after. Its double frustrating if you are fan of Nightwing and the Titans in general.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing is not the star of that book despite being the leader and it’s not a bad thing either,
    Things go south by the troia arc

I'm on record saying that Abnett's Dick Grayson in Titans is arguably the worst written version of the character I've ever read. I wouldn't recommend that Titans series in general, but especially if you are looking to read more Nightwing.