Page 807 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817857907 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You forgot about Mayberry.
    We all want to forget about Maberry.

He had a great take-off and then he crash landed the plane spectacularly.

I'll ask, is it worth it to revisit Doomwar and have T'Challa working on a long term plan to get payback against Doom? Or do we need to keep this buried?

You forgot about Mayberry.
    Yes, yes I did

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I'll ask, is it worth it to revisit Doomwar and have T'Challa working on a long term plan to get payback against Doom? Or do we need to keep this buried?
    Buried. The only thing that needs to be cleared up from that event is why Bast let Doom take the vibranium. Just have her reveal that she allowed Doom to become that powerful because she knew it would be one of the greatest threats T'Challa ever faced. She wanted to give her champion a test to prepare him for something even bigger than Doom, which lets the writer set up an original BP rogue for an even bigger story. I'd rather writers trivialize and sideline Doomwar and its impact than try and do a revenge arc a decade after the fact.

Bury it. Forever

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Buried. The only thing that needs to be cleared up from that event is why Bast let Doom take the vibranium. Just have her reveal that she allowed Doom to become that powerful because she knew it would be one of the greatest threats T'Challa ever faced. She wanted to give her champion a test to prepare him for something even bigger than Doom, which lets the writer set up an original BP rogue for an even bigger story. I'd rather writers trivialize and sideline Doomwar and its impact than try and do a revenge arc a decade after the fact.
    If only we had an arc about the Gods of Wakanda, where Bast and T'challa would come to a better understanding about their relationship. Perhaps Bast would explain Doom War and why she was so hands off about the Incursions and such.

But, kid bast forming with nigandan zenzi for reasons and then explaining nothing works too lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Bury it. Forever

If only we had an arc about the Gods of Wakanda, where Bast and T'challa would come to a better understanding about their relationship. Perhaps Bast would explain Doom War and why she was so hands off about the Incursions and such.

But, kid bast forming with nigandan zenzi for reasons and then explaining nothing works too lol
    Bast better exorcise her expeditiously this run.
    Then explain why prayers don't empower her avitar TChalla.

That power up would be so cool for him to be stronger the closer he is to wakanda physically and emotionally. It would be similar to the Crown idea that RedJack had in Panther quest which was fantastic.

Godhood in Wakanda for TChalla

Astonishing Member

Bury it. Forever

The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda was the perfect story to do that and to his credit Coates tried. But we spent so much time on BS during those middle issues where basically nothing happened, so the dialogue between T'Challa and Bast was pushed to the end and was poorly developed.

Like with everything in the run, it pretty much boiled down to Bast saying "Everything's all your fault" and then T'Challa pretty much agreeing with no new insights into faith, spirituality, etc. There needed to be a legit series of conversations about the ways the various gods saw their roles, T'Challa's relationship with his religion, and more, but none of that happened and the gods ended up being cardboard cutouts. Plot devices used more for Storm's powerup than any actual development of the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I like this idea. I would take it a step further and use Coates IGEW bullshit with Zenzi and say that bast needed to fuse with Zenzi because Zenzi held a power that kept an old god have to her via a connection (Zenzis power was not her own, this god supplied it to her) and with Zenzi fused with bast that connection is cut.

Given the amount of time passed this god can return and bast wanted to prepare her champion for this threat, then after all is said and done, bast and Zenzi are separated or Zenzi is absorbed by bast, or eaten or whatever the case she is no longer bast.

The reason is simple: Bast would NEVER allow herself to permanently be fused with someone who hurt her people and committed such crimes against Wakanda.

For Doom I would actually just have a never story take place in which T'Challa gives Doom the business. Maybe Doom could act cocky and say that T'Challa never bested him before in a physical fight so how does he think he can win now, and T'Challa responds with "Before you held massive amounts of power that required mind over might, now? I can just beat you down like like I would countless others" just like that, simple, not giving him any praise or acknowledgment. And then have T'Challa physically beat Doom into submission

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Funny how people are already saying Pattinson's Batman is going to be the best Batman.

One minute "How can Twilight boy be Batman" and then next minute "Pattinson is going to be the best".

Wish T'Challa got this same energy.
    This. All damn day. What I absolutely hate about certain fandoms and social media is the galactic level of hyperbole. Earlier this year Pattinson was dragged through the mud because he made some comment about not overdoing the training during lockdown. Cue guys like John Campea who went on an absurd rant about it and people vilifying Pattinson and the typical bring Affleck back, who ironically was HATED when he was first announced as Batman for BvS.
    All these clowns broadcasting their fake virtue signalling about how great Chadwick was, he's irreplaceable, no one else can be T'Challa...all that crap is straight up bullshit. The second Marvel come to their senses and recast T'Challa, the amount of D-riding the new actor from those against recasting is going to be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    This. All damn day. What I absolutely hate about certain fandoms and social media is the galactic level of hyperbole. Earlier this year Pattinson was dragged through the mud because he made some comment about not overdoing the training during lockdown. Cue guys like John Campea who went on an absurd rant about it and people vilifying Pattinson and the typical bring Affleck back, who ironically was HATED when he was first announced as Batman for BvS.
    All these clowns broadcasting their fake virtue signalling about how great Chadwick was, he's irreplaceable, no one else can be T'Challa...all that crap is straight up bullshit. The second Marvel come to their senses and recast T'Challa, the amount of D-riding the new actor from those against recasting is going to be astronomical.
    Yeah, it is painful.

Every movie is the "BEST SINCE...."

Every actor "KILLS HIS ROLE I CANT WAIT TIL HE MEETS THE AVENGERS!!!"

Every supporting character with 5 minutes of screen time is, "... STOLE THE SHOW AS..."

Anytime the alter a comic character "OMG THEY RUINED...!!!"

Slightly entertaining villain "OMG BEST VILLAIN SINCE... CANT BELIVE THEY KILLED HIM"

Like yeesh, chill a bit
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-15-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    It's herd mentality, hyperbole' and then there are some who have an agenda.

It's like when the announcers tag a movie as "the best comedy of the year" or "the best action movie of the year". That's when I go meh.

Even when they do it with movies I like, I tend to go c'mon man, seriously? Chad was great as BP but he's acted in better roles.

Back to the Doomwar thing, I agree it needs to be buried but every time they have T'Challa and Doom in the same panel, I get reminded of what Doom got away with.

He couldn't even get payback with an Infinity Gauntlet. "I'm here with the most powerful weapon in existence to merely use as a distraction so that Reed Richards can save the day! Take that Doom!"

Yeah, it is painful.

Every supporting character with 5 minutes of screen time is, "... STOLE THE SHOW AS..."

Slightly entertaining villain "OMG BEST VILLAIN SINCE... CANT BELIVE THEY KILLED HIM"

Like yeesh, chill a bit
    Yeah I agree with this. Especially about the supporting character part. Don't get me wrong the cast in BP was all great, but the whole "this character stole the spotlight" I would say on terms of supporting cast, was with M'Baku, and Nakia the most, Why? Because when they were in scenes they had a certain gravitas to them that made their scenes really good. Okoye had some good moments, and Shuri had fun banter, but as for impactful scenes it's M'Baku and Nakia.

But most of all, the one thing all of these moments have in common? T'Challa. There interactions with him I'd what made them so good, playing off his energy and how he reacted to what was going on. Shuri was a fun joking character but So far that's really all she had going. We have tons of heroes who crack jokes so there needs to be something more unique that is brought to the table if T'Challa is gone and they are trying to push Shuri.

That's also another reason for why T'Challa is irreplaceable and should be Recast. T'Challa brings a Royal gravitas and regality no other heroes does

It’s been far too long. Plus it would make people go read Doomwar lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, it is painful.

Like yeesh, chill a bit
    This is so accurate it hurts...

Extraordinary Member

Or....and this is a wild and crazy idea, I know...

We can just let people be enthusiastic about stuff.

I know I'd rather read/hear about how Pattinson is going to be The Greatest Batman Ever based on a clip that is less coherent than the average music video than the general moaning and groaning that nearly all fandoms seem to indulge in now.

Across the board not just here, in case anyone thinks I'm attacking them specifically.

Y'all are a beacon of sunshine compared to Trek fans now. And they have three shows now and are getting a fourth.

It's like the worst thing that ever happened to fans was getting media products that catered to them on a regular basis.

I swear the only fandoms can ever be REALLY happy now are the ones where the property is officially dead as a doornail. Like the Bionic 6.

They have no reason to expect anything so they can maybe at least enjoy ****.

Anyone think TC Carson or Phil Llamar would make for good T’Challa voice actors?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"