Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

What if he gets killed again but in public view? Scott comes back as Cpt Krakoa to keep the protocols under wrap?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What if he gets killed again but in public view? Scott comes back as Cpt Krakoa to keep the protocols under wrap?
    That was my thinking as well. A public death would make near term public X-Men membership inadvisable.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That was my thinking as well. A public death would make near term public X-Men membership inadvisable.
    This team doesn't have a brick. If the suit channels his optic blasts into strength and flight powers (because he can't just run around being the same tight-bodied stud shooting red blasts), that could be their solution.

I like it and the rest of the team wouldn't have a problem taking on a "new" leader so fast if this is the case.
    Maybe the whole bit about Scott not agreeing with this Captain Krakoa fellow joining the team is all part of the show.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Random MU Reporter: "Captain Krakoa, first of all, I want to publicly go on the record over how much I'm loving the headgear. Not suspicious in the slightest. Secondly, some folks have been worrying about the possibility of mutant mass resurrection and wondering if Scott Summers' apparent demise and your sudden rise to prominence somehow tied into it. Would you kindly take off the helmet if only to reassure us mere mortals that you're not Scott Summers going through another insane Erik the Red phase?"
    Captain Krakoa: "Never. For Krakoa!"
    Random MU Reporter: Oh well, we tried."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I can't see the likes of Jean, Lorna, Rogue... well the whole team really, just being okay with letting some new mutant lead. Gotta be some kind of twist with Scott or someone known. But even someone known taking over leadership so quickly feels odd.
    The X-Men are unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Random MU Reporter: "Captain Krakoa, first of all, I want to publicly go on the record over how much I'm loving the headgear. Not suspicious in the slightest. Secondly, some folks have been worrying about the possibility of mutant mass resurrection and wondering if Scott Summers' apparent demise and your sudden rise to prominence somehow tied into it. Would you kindly take off the helmet if only to reassure us mere mortals that you're not Scott Summers going through another insane Erik the Red phase?"
    Captain Krakoa: "Never. For Krakoa!"
    Random MU Reporter: Oh well, we tried."
    Hell yeah. Or Captain Krunch can just say the helmet is part of his mutation, call the reporter a bigot and move on.

Or heck, he could say that he's a psychic entity, puppeteering Scott's corpse like a demented marionette. The reporter's definitely not going to ask any further questions after hearing that.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He doesn't have to die now, since Ben Urich is already with proof he died.

Incredible Member

The costume makes me think of the Hydra villain, Kraken (https://comicvine.gamespot.com/kraken/4005-60717/)

Mighty Member

I'm surprised people are so confused about this when one of the consistent running plot lines in this narrative is the story about dead mutants and the One most consistently highlighted is CYCLOPS.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The costume makes me think of the Hydra villain, Kraken (https://comicvine.gamespot.com/kraken/4005-60717/)
    Captain Krakoa better not have that whole "who's Kraken?" nonsense.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

"How are you alive again?"

"My 60-year old son's teenage self pulled me from the time stream prior to my death. It's as simple as that."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Captain Krakoa:
    valentina-id-like-to-keep-it-on-please.jpg

LMAO!! I'm done.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    "How are you alive again?"

"My 60-year old son's teenage self pulled me from the time stream prior to my death. It's as simple as that."
    "I'm me from another dimension/timeline."
    "A cosmic force that happenes to be possesses my girlfriend restored me to life."
    "I fought the angel of death and won."
    "They used a bunch of demonic slugs to create a new body for me, while my soul fled from heaven."
    "I beat Death at chess."
    "An alien civilization thought i was destined to destroy them, so they restored me back to life in order to keep me under watch."
    "I found myself under a black mountain..."
    "The me that got killed was a Shi'ar tech made golem someone replaced me with."
    "The me that got killed was a Skrull imposter."
    "The me that got killed was a LMD."
    "The me that got killed was a clone made by a mad scientist."
    "The me that got killed was me from another timeline."
    "Nano machines son."