Page 392 of 432 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What should Jean's new superhero name be? Leaning toward T-Mobile.

The Cuckoos are basically wi-fi boosters/extenders. Telepathy is about communication, and since Hickman and company are concerned about power creep I'm not surprised that communication is what telepaths are mainly used for. I'm not sure we'll get the grandiose uses of telepathy from Hickman but we'll see.

Think about the money you can save by not upping your data plan when you have a mutant telepath around.

I was a bit surprised that Jean and the cuckoos breaking through to Otherworld was just a background panel considering it had been mentioned twice before (both in Cable's book). I also think Rachel should have been included but I guess she wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The Cuckoos are basically wi-fi boosters/extenders. Telepathy is about communication, and since Hickman and company are concerned about power creep I'm not surprised that communication is what telepaths are mainly used for. I'm not sure we'll get the grandiose uses of telepathy from Hickman but we'll see.

Think about the money you can save by not upping your data plan when you have a mutant telepath around.

I was a bit surprised that Jean and the cuckoos breaking through to Otherworld was just a background panel considering it had been mentioned twice before (both in Cable's book). I also think Rachel should have been included but I guess she wasn't needed.
    yeah it should have been a bigger deal considering Otherworld is in another dimension and Saturnyne was blocking them. Jean breaching those defenses was pretty damn cool

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Sometime a war cry is just a war cry. Not everything Hickman does have a deeper meaning
    Did Jean really not have a "To Me, My X-MEN..." moment with her Eve of Destruction team...nor X-MEN:RED?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

They might have realized how goofy it was the first time they made a big deal about long-distance calling in this X-Men run and decided it could be just a panel.

Also, Rachel might be better off not appearing unless Hix would treat her better than he does Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did Jean really not have a "To Me, My X-MEN..." moment with her Eve of Destruction team...nor X-MEN:RED?
    I think she said it on X-men Red

They might have realized how goofy it was the first time they made a big deal about long-distance calling in this X-Men run and decided it could be just a panel.

Also, Rachel might be better off not appearing unless Hix would treat her better than he does Jean.
    Some characters are important, other not. We can take a clue from here
    Last edited by baxer; 11-26-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She did

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

wait is that out? looks amazing, i might have it as wallpaper for my phone
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    wait is that out? looks amazing, i might have it as wallpaper for my phone
    Is what out? X-Men Red #7?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Is what out? X-Men Red #7?
    Lol someone has a great Jean series yet to be read, apparently.
    Get on that, darewithpeace!

The Red Dragon

Finally read the last parts of X of Swords. While Jean had that nice panel leading the charge, I still feel like she’s nothing more than a glorified communication device and sidekick for Cyclops. Where is the fire? The Jean I know wouldn't have just accepted the Council’s ruling. She would have stormed off and quit rather than accept their judgement. Or at the very least give them a piece of her mind.

Hickman’s Jean doesnt seem to have a story if her own. She’s there to serve as wife and mother and I don’t like that role for her. That aspect is making her bland and taking all the fire out of her. I’m not saying those aspects cant coexist, but SOME writers just seem to think mom/wife must be inoffensive, bland and demure.
    Last edited by Tank; 11-27-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Finally read the last parts of X of Swords. While Jean had that nice panel leading the charge, I still feel like she’s nothing more than a glorified communication device and sidekick for Cyclops. Where is the fire? The Jean I know wouldn't have just accepted the Council’s ruling. She would have stormed off and quit rather than accept their judgement. Or at the very least give them a piece of her mind.

Hickman’s Jean doesnt seem to have a story if her own. She’s there to serve as wife and mother and I don’t like that role for her. That aspect is making her bland and taking all the fire out of her. I’m not saying those aspects cant coexist, but SOME writers just seem to think mom/wife must be inoffensive, bland and demure.
    Between that and her reverting to her Marvel Girl outfit there’s definitely a feeling of regression on Jean’s part. Hell, I still remember in House of X when she was basically reduced to a damsel being ejected away when everyone was dying only to then turn into a sitting duck against the sentinels never even putting up a fight. And mind you, this is a Jean who also has the experiences and development of Jeen who was never about that life.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Between that and her reverting to her Marvel Girl outfit there’s definitely a feeling of regression on Jean’s part. Hell, I still remember in House of X when she was basically reduced to a damsel being ejected away when everyone was dying only to then turn into a sitting duck against the sentinels never even putting up a fight. And mind you, this is a Jean who also has the experiences and development of Jeen who was never about that life.
    Agreed. And funny you bring up teen Jean because she had her own drive and agency despite whether or not you agreed with her actions. I miss that fire and spunk of teen Jean and Morrison Jean. Why is this Jean so lame/ such a pushover? Maybe you’re right and the Marvel Girl costume could be a hint at an in story reason....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

The same problem that I found on last XOS issue.

Feels like she is a accessory for someone else story and that the writers doesnt care to develop her.

BANNED

Hickman just likes her design, particularly in the dress, and thinks it looks good as the hero's love interest. For his intents and purposes, she doesn't need to be capable and powerful like Bendis' version. No story specifically for her is needed.

Hickman just likes her design, particularly in the dress, and thinks it looks good as the hero's love interest. For his intents and purposes, she doesn't need to be capable and powerful like Bendis' version. No story specifically for her is needed.
    If you remove “capable and powerful”, what remains? I only have only known Jean Grey capable and powerful.
    It’s a pity a writer is interested by a character only for her looks and function.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe