Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I get not using the future Batgirls but why not Bette? She did come first after all
    Including her is almost like including a completly new character:

- She has no established relation ship with any of the other Batgirls (or really any Batfamily member out side of Kate).

- She was allready pre Flashpoint in a wired place continuity wise, and now it is probably even messier

I also don't think she really adds much to the team, since there is imo a lot of overlap with Steph.

And due to the fact that she is about the same age as Dick (and there for Barbara) but on the other side probably way less experienced and trained than Cass and Steph, I don't really see what role shr should have on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

- She has no established relation ship with any of the other Batgirls (or really any Batfamily member out side of Kate).

- She was allready pre Flashpoint in a wired place continuity wise, and now it is probably even messier

I also don't think she really adds much to the team, since there is imo a lot of overlap with Steph.

And due to the fact that she is about the same age as Dick (and there for Barbara) but on the other side probably way less experienced and trained than Cass and Steph, I don't really see what role shr should have on the team.
    I hate that she went to West Point but maybe that could inform some difference between her and the other Batgirls...well, that and she probably has the biggest bank account of all of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hate that she went to West Point but maybe that could inform some difference between her and the other Batgirls...well, that and she probably has the biggest bank account of all of them.
    What’s wrong with West Point? (Besides her cut hair)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s wrong with West Point? (Besides her cut hair)
    Well, the hair is one thing but Bette's personality just never seemed like a good fit for it in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I am not a big fan of the West Point angle for Bette either, however if in the series Barbara leans into her Oracle role I can see Bette adding to the combat and tactical skills of the teams since these are not supposed to be the strong points of Steph and Harper.

As you said with her bank account she could sponsor the team.

Incredible Member

She’ll be too busy forming the “League of Batwomen” with Kate Kane and Ryan Wilder.
    but hasn't been a Batgirl in continuity yet. Yes she was in a possible future but that's it. She's a Batgirl
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member

but hasn't been a Batgirl in continuity yet. Yes she was in a possible future but that's it. She's a Batgirl
    I was joking. It’s because she’s obviously closer to Kate than Babs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

HEY! Bette met Cass and knows her. Bette does add to the team, besides funding it, she could be the team medical help.
    Bette's hsitory can be simplified easily, she was bat-girl to her aunt and then kathy died, bette goes to LA and becomes Flamebird.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

I was joking. It’s because she’s obviously closer to Kate than Babs.
    and bette and babs should interact. Based on Out of continuity stuff, they might have a little rivalry but be friends.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I am not a big fan of the West Point angle for Bette either, however if in the series Barbara leans into her Oracle role I can see Bette adding to the combat and tactical skills of the teams since these are not supposed to be the strong points of Steph and Harper.

As you said with her bank account she could sponsor the team.
    i also hate the west point angel, bette's a healer not a soldier. Also she's impulsive, wouldn't take orders very well

I'm not a fan of it. But I'm also very much against the club of Robins.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Pohzee, i love your signature

I would keep the title of the book simply "Batgirls" but I do like the idea of their in-universe/in-story name for their organization being "The League of Batgirls". I wouldn't have literally every one be Batgirls it's more a "Batwomen Society".

Barbara Gordon - Batgirl Prime: mission control, rarely in the field. she should be Oracle but that ID feels disingenuous with her walking around and what not. Oracle was a triumph over a tragic incident, undoing the damage undercuts it a little imo.

core team:
    Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown - Batgirls: these two will be the titular Batgirls of the title and the anchors of the book. Cass is the field leader while Steph acts as her right hand.

Harper Row - Bluebird: She would be the techie/engineer dude of the group, like a Natasha Irons or Luke Fox or Tim Drake.

Ryan Wilder - Batwoman: newest member with the least experience still finding her footing. She'll start off as more of the heavy of the group, the hot-head brawler, but that'll start to be more refined as she starts to expand her niche into something more unique.

extended members/allies:
    Kate Kane - Brightbat (they gonna hate me, but hear me out): I would have The Colony return as a black ops outfit under A.R.G.U.S run by Kate to check (but actually to provide support to) the Batfamily. She would act as the Batfamily connect to the US government, providing intel for espionage and things like that. On a more personal level, she would also train and mentor Ryan Wilder as her successor and I would build that relationship in order to hopefully calm the sigma of simply being replaced. While not a costumed hero anymore, because she doesn't need to anymore as an government op, but her codename (should she be in the field) would be Brightbat. [note: I'm not saying she shouldn't be Batwoman, this is just how I'd make her and Ryan co-exist.]

Bette Kane- Flamebird: I don't know much about her so I can't say what I would have her angle would be, but fuckit, the more the merrier.

Helena Bertinelli- Huntress
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-02-2020 at 10:43 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

HEY! Bette met Cass and knows her.
    And they have still nowhere near the relation Cass has with Steph and Barbara.
    You put Bette on the title and you will have to give her a lot of page time, to build her up.

And i don't mind adding more characters later on, but I think it is usually better with a small team and than add more characters later on, than to directly start with a larger team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I would keep the title of the book simply "Batgirls" but I do like the idea of their in-universe/in-story name for their organization being "The League of Batgirls". I wouldn't have literally every one be Batgirls it's more a "Batwomen Society".

Barbara Gordon - Batgirl Prime: mission control, rarely in the field. she should be Oracle but that ID feels disingenuous with her walking around and what not. Oracle was a triumph over a tragic incident, undoing the damage undercuts it a little imo.

core team:
    Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown - Batgirls: these two will be the titular Batgirls of the title and the anchors of the book. Cass is the field leader while Steph acts as her right hand.

Harper Row - Bluebird: She would be the techie/engineer dude of the group, like a Natasha Irons or Luke Fox or Tim Drake.

Ryan Wilder - Batwoman: newest member with the least experience still finding her footing. She'll start off as more of the heavy of the group, the hot-head brawler, but that'll start to be more refined as she starts to expand her niche into something more unique.

extended members/allies:
    Kate Kane - Brightbat (they gonna hate me, but hear me out): I would have The Colony return as a black ops outfit under A.R.G.U.S run by Kate to check (but actually to provide support to) the Batfamily. She would act as the Batfamily connect to the US government, providing intel for espionage and things like that. On a more personal level, she would also train and mentor Ryan Wilder as her successor and I would build that relationship in order to hopefully calm the sigma of simply being replaced. While not a costumed hero anymore, because she doesn't need to anymore as an government op, her codename should she be in the field is Brightbat. [note: I'm not saying she shouldn't be Batwoman, this is just how I'd make her and Ryan co-exist.]

Bette Kane- Flamebird: I don't know much about her so I can't say what I would have her angle would be, but fuckit, the more the merrier.

Helena Bertinelli- Huntress
    i like this pitch, I'd also throw in Harper and Charlie. Maybe Kathy Kane and Spiral could be the villain?