Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Attachment 102757
    Wouldn't mind seeing this suit design in a movie
    Kind of makes me think of a more colorful version of the Earth One suit. I'm also reminded of Injustice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like there might be some GL stuff happening in the Arrowverse, Diggle, their version of John Stewart, has been announced to be in five of the shows (Supergirl, Superman, Flash, Batwoman and Legends) in the seasons currently in production.
    And as a "mysterious role" in Legends, which seems to be shifting to space...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like there might be some GL stuff happening in the Arrowverse, Diggle, their version of John Stewart, has been announced to be in five of the shows (Supergirl, Superman, Flash, Batwoman and Legends) in the seasons currently in production.
    Crossover!

Extraordinary Member

Which Earth does Tai Pham take place on?

I’ve heard it suggested as Earth 23.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-02-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Which Earth does Tai Pham take place on?

I’ve heard it suggested as Earth 23.
    I didn't assume it took place on a specific Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't assume it took place on a specific Earth...
    If it's just a one shot, yes, but if he appears again, then he'll likely get assigned an Earth, either new or pre-existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If it's just a one shot, yes, but if he appears again, then he'll likely get assigned an Earth, either new or pre-existing.
    I guess if he does get a sequel book, but I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant an official Earth designation quite yet.

I guess if he does get a sequel book, but I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant an official Earth designation quite yet.
    With infinite Earths again, the designation doesn't really matter as much. Until the new kid starts teaming-up with Hal, there's not much point given that his Earth seems very similar, except for his grandmother taking Hal's place.

Haven't read the whole thing, just the preview, so maybe there are bigger differences.

With infinite Earths again, the designation doesn't really matter as much. Until the new kid starts teaming-up with Hal, there's not much point given that his Earth seems very similar, except for his grandmother taking Hal's place.

Haven't read the whole thing, just the preview, so maybe there are bigger differences.
    I think we would need to see more than just the GL's within the continuity of this graphic novel to warrant it getting its own Earth designation, but that's just me.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-teen-...e-dark-return/

"Green Lantern will be written by Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by Tom Raney, who are the creative team of the main story 'The Last Lanterns' in the Future State: Green Lantern anthology, that happens to star Justice League team member John Stewart. "

Anyone know anything about this series?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/new-teen-...e-dark-return/

"Green Lantern will be written by Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by Tom Raney, who are the creative team of the main story 'The Last Lanterns' in the Future State: Green Lantern anthology, that happens to star Justice League team member John Stewart. "

Anyone know anything about this series?
    It'll probably star John .

It'll probably star John .
    Yeah, that's a safe bet. But at the moment it's still an assumption.

I am glad John Stewart is finally getting another shot at a solo title. It's a shame that the writer seems to think that Hal is a terrible character though. I am not sure how how that's a recipe for success if the book is being written by someone who thinks a giant chunk of GL fans are wrong.

This is the same situation DC put itself in with Marz & Dooley back in the 90s. Why deliberately antagonize half your readership by insulting the character that has been the primary focus of the franchise for decades.

It's like handing over the Star Wars franchise to someone who thinks Luke Skywalker is boring.

This doesn't mean you can't think Luke's dull, but that person might not be the best choice for Star Wars if they can't understand why a big percentage of fans love Star Wars so much.

Irregardless, I hope this book is good and finds success despite the pointless alienation of a big part of its fanbase.

I am glad John Stewart is finally getting another shot at a solo title. It's a shame that the writer seems to think that Hal is a terrible character though. I am not sure how how that's a recipe for success if the book is being written by someone who thinks a giant chunk of GL fans are wrong.

This is the same situation DC put itself in with Marz & Dooley back in the 90s. Why deliberately antagonize half your readership by insulting the character that has been the primary focus of the franchise for decades.

It's like handing over the Star Wars franchise to someone who thinks Luke Skywalker is boring.

This doesn't mean you can't think Luke's dull, but that person might not be the best choice for Star Wars if they can't understand why a big percentage of fans love Star Wars so much.

Irregardless, I hope this book is good and finds success despite the pointless alienation of a big part of its fanbase.
    i hadn't heard about that, can you point me to where they said that?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    i hadn't heard about that, can you point me to where they said that?
    This guy is a bit too dramatic, but he screnshoted lots of new writers tweets over the last few years here: https://twitter.com/han9002/status/1...709736960?s=21

He basically thinks that Hal is a boring cardboard character and only time he was interesting was when he was bad guy (for his favourite GLs to beat obviously). Likely that some Hal fans won't give his book a chance.