Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I hope magneto killed a avengers. I hate those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Leah is just not great, it’s that simple.
    That's your simple opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Maybe, but then #6 would have to be on a crossover. Seems very unlikely, they usually collect 6 not 5 issues.
    That's not accurate. X-Factor's trade was #1-3, #5. It committed the crossover, #4, but it ended at #5 because #6 was the start of a new arc. Plenty of books do 5 issue trades if they have an arc starting at #6.

For example, Black Cat (2019) ran for 12 issues and had two 5 issue trades to start collecting up to issue 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Pretty sure she said in an interview that she did that on purpose

In X-men Monday I think
    I know she said it, but that looked like a full meltdown. Her reaction was very bad and toxic to comics fandom

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There are a ton of The Gifted fans still online and interested in the universe and its increasingly showing up on Disney+ in countries. Promoting those fans to be regular comic readers is a very different issue. Comic Lorna has a problem in that her comic book readership base I can tell has shrunk a great deal from what it was back in 2005. She hasn't had a strong storyline in quite awhile that excited comics fans. Lorna was not as big a boon going in to X-Factor that she might have been ten or fifteen years ago.

If X-Men manages to win her back some fans and cultivate some new ones then any future book she is on will be in a better position.
    My friend is a gifted stan and even him know there is like 5 of them. I even searched tumblr, twitter, reddit and they aren't to the point of affecting the voting.
    You can blame that people were more aware of Lorna because of the gifted but not the fandom.

This was all a bad look for the writer to blame a inexistent fandom on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Leah is just not great, it’s that simple.
    Really simple, but most important is that the book didn't delivered its premise
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-10-2021 at 02:20 PM.

The premise of the book was to flesh out the Resurrection Protocols and she never got around to revealing any of the redacted articles

Im not getting how the book delivered on this when we really dont know anymore now than we did before it started
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-10-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To many people. The premise of the book was to flesh out the Resurrection Protocols and she never got around to revealing any of the redacted articles

Im not getting how the book delivered on this when we really dont know anymore now than we did before it started
    I hope trial of magneto delivers something, instead of the fluffy fanfic she wrote on X-factor.

yeah, it is bad that we continue to know nothing more about the ressurrection protocols. This book failed so badly on deliver **** premise
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-10-2021 at 02:56 PM.

To many people. The premise of the book was to flesh out the Resurrection Protocols and she never got around to revealing any of the redacted articles

I wouldn’t say she didn’t deliver on anything. The first arc (intro issue + Mojo stuff) was all about expanding the “Proof of Death” aspect of the protocols. I think we’ve already discussed how the Siryn stuff dragged a bit. Another promise was to show us more of the Five, which the book definitely did.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, hopefully this mini wraps some stuff up and clarifies some of those questions you brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I wouldn’t say she didn’t deliver on anything. The first arc (intro issue + Mojo stuff) was all about expanding the “Proof of Death” aspect of the protocols. I think we’ve already discussed how the Siryn stuff dragged a bit. Another promise was to show us more of the Five, which the book definitely did.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, hopefully this mini wraps some stuff up and clarifies some of those questions you brought up.
    We alredy know about proof of death. It didnt needed that many issues.

in 5 issues gonna be hard to put all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I hope trial of magneto delivers something, instead of the fluffy fanfic she wrote on X-factor.

yeah, it is bad that we continue to know nothing more about the ressurrection protocols. This book failed so badly on deliver **** premise
    I hope so. This feels like a mini (if thats not confirmed) so she should have less chance to meander
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-10-2021 at 05:02 PM.

I hope so. This feels like a mini (if thats not confirmed) so she should have less chance to meander
    It's confirmed it is a mini. I really hope it won't be filler and we get some nice investigation and chaarcter work on Magneto.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-10-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Mighty Member

There are several books that haven’t totally delivered what their specific niche is. Excalibur is one. X-factor at least had some sense of where it’s going. I think maybe instead of redacting stuff thinking they’re going to be issue after issue, they should just dump all the info for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    There are several books that haven’t totally delivered what their specific niche is. Excalibur is one. X-factor at least had some sense of where it’s going. I think maybe instead of redacting stuff thinking they’re going to be issue after issue, they should just dump all the info for us.
    I would say Excalibur has. Its entire first year was about introducing and expanding on mutant magic, which got us to XOS. It wasnt well written but its served its purpose

I would say Excalibur has. Its entire first year was about introducing and expanding on mutant magic, which got us to XOS. It wasnt well written but its served its purpose
    The problem on excalibur is being clumsy on execution, I think they need to answer the mutant magic better too

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

And it did that all in ten issues?

You all said yourself earlier that the series was plotted up to thirty issues, obviously that information was meant to be revealed gradually while also delivering engaging stories and character development for the main cast. I don't know about y'all, but I prefer my comics to be more than mass data delivery that can only be about one core concept.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Was Magneto not once on trial in the early 90's? I remember the story, it was #200. Great issue!

Anyways, I'm curious for what he will be on trail and who will be the judge, his lawyer and judge. It would be cool to see VANGE return to stand by his side as lawyer though.
    Twice...that issue and in a Avengers/X-Men limited series.