Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Wanda does NOT belong on the X-Men. We should still consider her to be The Pretender and she is no more a mutant
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm all for Wanda joining the X-Men. She's too good a character to waste away while the Avengers office ignores her when she's at the height of her popularity.

My guesses:

Jean
    Cyclops
    Synch
    Firestar (not too thrilled about it, but it is what it is)
    Iceman
    Northstar
    Frenzy (this is my wildcard guess as the team will still need a brick type and her role in X-men Red is very dimished compared to SWORD).

And maybe Laura.
    I hope I'm wrong because this team doesn't thrill me at all compared to the last one.
    Sunfire and Polaris should NOT be leaving this soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wanda does NOT belong on the X-Men. We should still consider her to be The Pretender and she is no more a mutant
    Paging Cassandra Nova, ms Cassandra Nova.

Seriously, are we going to have the Wanda debate all over again? What happened to Mutant amnesty btw?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I could definitely see Wanda on an X-Men team...it could be a real game-changer by setting a new precedent of non-mutants visibly integrating and working with mutant heroes.

There have been mutant Avengers in the past so why not non-mutant X-Men?

If this pans out...I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-23-2022 at 06:09 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I could definitely see Wanda on an X-Men team...it could be a real game-changer by setting a new precedent of non-mutants visibly integrating and working with mutant heroes.

There have been mutant Avengers in the past so why not non-mutant X-Men?

If this pans out...I'll be happy.
    Something something woman in middle of mental breakdown created by hack writing enforced editorial mandate that writers couldn’t be bothered to give to a supervillain. Fandom gets to claim afterwards she killed infinite people because of multiverse ignoring by definition that would mean the aggregate of every person has done the same thing

Yes Apocalypse was once a leader of Krakoa, what of it?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh...gibberish enh.

I'm going to have to put Merc on ignore because if that leaked "source" is legit...announcing Wanda on the X-Men at the Gala would have been a blow-mind moment, indeed...and this would have absolutely ruined it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A prediction by someone with a source...

I’d much rather have Wanda than Firestar and Havok is as basic as you can get. I’d replace Firestar with Monet and Havok with Sunfire since he was barely used anyway.

Man the diversity the teams gained during Hickman is all basically gone. Back to one token minority per team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A prediction by someone with a source...

That’s a pretty white bread squad… and I’m not one to make a huge deal out of that, but does seem like a bit of a step backwards for inclusion IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I’m only half joking when I say sometimes the office treats having an X-gene as the be all end all of a mutants identity.

And look I can hope for the day that someone claims Emma is a stand in for people from India so I can use the “We shall be the East India Trading Company of Krakoa!” Bit.

I mean, Kwannon isn’t currently doing anything, you’d think if Havok was along for the ride they’d at least consider her as well from Hellions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’m only half joking when I say sometimes the office treats having an X-gene as the be all end all of a mutants identity.

And look I can hope for the day that someone claims Emma is a stand in for people from India so I can use the “We shall be the East India Trading Company of Krakoa!” Bit.

I mean, Kwannon isn’t currently doing anything, you’d think if Havok was along for the ride they’d at least consider her as well from Hellions.
    Kwannon/Psylocke is part of the Marauders crew now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Kwannon/Psylocke is part of the Marauders crew now.
    I keep on forgetting mostly because I'm behind on those typically. Well, there has to be someone else! Trinary? Always liked her character, got a raw deal in X-corps (Seriously Warren, you can't trust her on the board of directors because she was a hacktivist but you're fine with the rapist and Ms. Enemy of Agriculture?)

That's an okay team. I like those characters (meh to Firestar though), but I don't like them enough to want them to be a team together. It's like whatever. Plus Duggan already flubbed Iceman once, and he's been struggling with large teams. I don't expect much for Bobby other than feats of power.

Wanda and Havok were expected, but they have the potential to be interesting. I'd love to see Wanda's perspective on Krakoa and mutant issues, even if people have forgiven her enough to vote her in and ToM dealt with self-forgiveness. It'd be cool to see her touch on trying to help the people she previously hurt, albeit unintentionally. Just as long as it doesn't become the focal point of her character.

Havok's Scott's brother and he's been going through some things. The relationship and dynamics could give some more life to the characterization and dynamics in the book. And if this book ties into Dark Web, he'll have potential for a story there. They could also have him go through a manic episode and become dangerous, which... Yeah, it's just a regurgitated plot point. But we need more drama and chaos between the team members, so I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Think of it as community service.
    Last edited by Rift; 06-23-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's an okay team. I like those characters (meh to Firestar though), but I don't like them enough to want them to be a team together. It's like whatever. Plus Duggan already flubbed Iceman once, and he's been struggling with large teams. I don't expect much for Bobby, other than feats of power.

Wanda and Havok were expected, but they have the potential to be very interesting. I'd love to see Wanda's perspective on Krakoa and mutant issues, even if people have forgiven her enough to vote her in and ToM dealt with self-forgiveness. It'd be cool to see her touch on trying to help the people she previously hurt, albeit unintentionally. Just as long as it doesn't become the focal point of her character.

Havok's Scott's brother and he's been going through some things. The relationship and dynamics could give some more life to the characterization and dynamics in the book. And if this book ties into Dark Web, he'll have potential for a story there. They could also have him go through a manic episode and become dangerous, which... Yeah, it's just a regurgitated plot point. But we need more drama and chaos between the team members, so I'll take it.

Think of it as community service.
    I'm just glad they are finally doing it. They waited so long to do anything with Wanda because of terrible editorial decisions that left her in the void till Children's Crusade. My only disapointment in that regards is Lorna leaving right when Wanda comes in. But it's good that we are finally, hopefully, getting something with Wanda and the mutants that should have been done almost two decades ago.

I don't want to guess but I know I want Jean, Synch and Laura to stay on the team. I want Lorna on the team too but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I really enjoyed this team and I'm kinda bummed they didn't get to do more. But on the other hand, I guess I'm happy it happened at all.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.