Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Here! If you need a review, try this one instead.
    Yeah, that's a good one. The one from earlier on Forbes was a rambling mess. Their review process is a bit confusing. I've seen this with games on there as well. Multiple reviews shared.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

While I will make up my own mind...I do not like Snyder at all. I think he's generally proven to be mediocre at best and comes off as a douche.

If this movie makes money he will likely remain at the helm. But if I was in charge at WB I'd be looking to make better movies. And again I haven't seen it so hoping I'm pleasantly surprised.

Why highlight this review? Sooooo many good to use!

Anyway, I seriously can't believe that there are people who are saying that they aren't going to see the movie because this one review confirmed "all of their fears" that is laughable. Go see the movie, decide for yourself. Seriously folks.
    Aren't people that aren't going to see the movie based off of a review deciding for themselves that the film isn't up their alley? Why waste money if all evidence is pointing to you not liking a film? It'll only be 6-8 months before it's available for rental anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    First off, that sentence grammatically abhorrent and I don't even know what you're trying to say. Second, I don't really think that saying the government is incompetent is either explanatory or anything to brag about. As someone who has actually gone through a background check from the federal government, I can say they cover literally everything. So, its really just downright unbelievable that something like what went down in Iron Man 3 could actually transpire in real life. Like, I would actually say there's a better chance of there being an alien in Kansas than that.
    Do you read any of the Marvel Universe comics ?.

And like if anything that Tony Stark can do, could be easily replicated in Real Life.

Here! If you need a review, try this one instead.
    The one that talks about good about the movie ?.

The review of the film did not understand the film? Yet it is obvious. The film is constructed like a Graphic Novel. It introduces the new universe with a new super character, while continuing with the chapter before. Snyder / Terrio are too smart to several journalists. The film still comes too early, it establishes a new way of building a Superhero movie.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yup, it's pretty terrible. I'll have my own review up in a couple of days (embargo is still in effect until later tomorrow over here, I believe) but it is a stinking mess of a film that just further proves how bad a fit Snyder is for DC's major superheroes.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I guess I already know what "too dark and gritty" means.

Eh. I'll still watch it and mostly likely enjoy it.

Reviews don't matter to me all that much. I like to make up my own opinion first.

Spectacular Member

Oh Boy.

This reminds me of the time when the X-Men franchise went with "style over substance" for X-Men: The Last Stand. It was terrible stuff, but much of the audience was too giddy to realize it at the time. The special effects wowed them, but when that drug wore off, they were left with a bad hangover.

Of course you had critics and fans that knew it could be a bad trip and still bought it from that shadowy peddler Brett Ratner anyway.

Then you have the fans that will gobble it down and rave about it no matter what. Later on they will shake their head at the stupid things they did as kids.

Many of us will stand off to the side and "Just say no."

Unlike The Avengers or Iron Man, it looks like this movie is bad set up for its respective universe.

It doesn't matter how bad it is. I'm going to be in my seat on Thursday. It's the first time they meet and I'll judge the film for myself.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Really, all the negatives that I keep hearing about the movie are from people who simply can't grasp how Batman, Superman, and co can be depicted in a way different than what the usual is for movies in the MCU.

I enjoy the MCU, but people for some reason want the DCEU to be that. Like people are literally having problems that this movie is discussing the consequences, and effects, of metahumans, and heroism, in a way that would be discussed in real-life. They have a problem that Superman can't be allowed to grow into the symbol of hope, both mentally, and emotionally, so that the moment he does it means something. They have a problem that we're not getting the more classic, or Clancy Brown, type of Luthor (he's very similar to the All Star, and Red Son, versions from what I hear). Some people can't grasp the fact that Batman being in the wrong here is a commentary on what being Batman can do to a man who feels that after 20 years, he's failed, and thus his fears, defeatism and frustration, has clouded his judgement, and he's channeling it at Supes. That's human.

I see people saying it's dull because it's a drama, and it's not action packed. This is why we can't take comic book movies seriously. I bet even Civil War will be hit with the "too dark, and gritty" tag.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Really, all the negatives that I keep hearing about the movie are from people who simply can't grasp how Batman, Superman, and co can be depicted in a way different than what the usual is for movies in the MCU.

I enjoy the MCU, but people for some reason want the DCEU to be that. Like people are literally having problems that this movie is discussing the consequences, and effects, of metahumans, and heroism, in a way that would be discussed in real-life. They have a problem that Superman can't be allowed to grow into the symbol of hope, both mentally, and emotionally, so that the moment he does it means something. They have a problem that we're not getting the more classic, or Clancy Brown, type of Luthor (he's very similar to the All Star, and Red Son, versions from what I hear). Some people can't grasp the fact that Batman being in the wrong here is a commentary on what being Batman can do to a man who feels that after 20 years, he's failed, and thus his fears, defeatism and frustration, has clouded his judgement, and he's channeling it at Supes. That's human.

I see people saying it's dull because it's a drama, and it's not action packed. This is why we can't take comic book movies seriously. I bet even Civil War will be hit with the "too dark, and gritty" tag.
    I completely, and utterly, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinah Draws The Things View Post
    I saw this movie last night and I absolutely disagree... like really really really disagree, I found myself on the edge of my seat enjoying it, the movie flowed fine and it was over before I knew it and I left wanting more. I don't get the "Too gritty, too dark" people. I thought the actors were all terrific, and there was some shocks in the movie, I don't want to spoil.

So count me in the Disagree pile, because I thought Dawn Of Justice was amazing.

Yes I made an account just to post this, because I found this review completely biased and untrue.
    Thank you. I think Snyder is too ahead of its time. Many film critics are caught unawares.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

They have a problem that Superman can't be allowed to grow into the symbol of hope, both mentally, and emotionally, so that the moment he does it means something. They have a problem that we're not getting the more classic, or Clancy Brown, type of Luthor (he's very similar to the All Star, and Red Son, versions from what I hear). Some people can't grasp the fact that Batman being in the wrong here is a commentary on what being Batman can do to a man who feels that after 20 years, he's failed, and thus his fears, defeatism and frustration, has clouded his judgement, and he's channeling it at Supes. That's human.
    That's a very interesting point.

Yes, the negative reviews that are cropping up — though there are positive ones, too — all seem to have something in common, and that is they lament the darker tone of the DCEU, the lack of forced humor intrinsic to many a Marvel movie, and the stylistic differences compared to your Average MCU Flick.

I've never let reviewers (and there are far too many of them eating up bandwidth, like that McWeeny guy) dictate my viewing choices.
    Last edited by Calighoula; 03-22-2016 at 05:19 PM.