View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It hasn’t started yet (hence my saying “upcoming” ); the collection was cancelled to be resolicited because the issues themselves have been pushed back. No release date yet, I don’t think.
    It was the Wild storm I was thinking about, any thoughts on that?

Mighty Member

With the announcement of the War of the Gods omnibus, I was thinking about what other big DC events are prime candidates for a "full event" omnibus.

We've had:
    Infinite Crisis
    Final Crisis
    Zero Hour
    JLA: One Million
    War of the Gods
    Blackest Night

Flashpoint and Metal seem like obvious ones, but probably not too soon (Flashpoint has the big box set coming out soon, Metal is brand new).

If I were ranking likelihoods of everything else, I'd probably go:

1. Legends (Perfect companion to CoIE, fills a pretty big collections hole)
    2. Final Night (straightforward story, still fits in continuity more or less)
    3. Armageddon 2001 (this ranking might be too high, but this is the one I want)
    4. Underworld Unleashed (you could change 4 and 5 - they kind of fit into the same general corner of the DCU)
    5. Day of Judgement
    6. Invasion! (I imagine it doesn't have a big audience unless we get another big Dominators event soon)
    7. Bloodlines (bleh)

Did I miss a good one?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    It was the Wild storm I was thinking about, any thoughts on that?
    Not yet, have been waiting for it to finish and plan to read it all in one go. I did end up finishing the original Wildcats up through Casey’s run and dang, Casey’s run in particular was just spectacular. It being cancelled was a real tragedy (I know, I’m way behind on this!)

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    With the announcement of the War of the Gods omnibus, I was thinking about what other big DC events are prime candidates for a "full event" omnibus.

We've had:
    Infinite Crisis
    Final Crisis
    Zero Hour
    War of the Gods
    Blackest Night

Flashpoint and Metal seem like obvious ones, but probably not too soon (Flashpoint has the big box set coming out soon, Metal is brand new).

4. Underworld Unleashed (you could change 4 and 5 - they kind of fit into the same general corner of the DCU)
    5. Day of Judgement
    6. Invasion! (I imagine it doesn't have a big audience unless we get another big Dominators event soon)
    7. Bloodlines (bleh)

Did I miss a good one?
    Some of the Eclipso: The Darkness Within stuff was fun, no worse than Bloodlines, though I was a kid when they came out so may have a bit more nostalgia for that event clouding my judgment. There was also Millennium and Genesis, though I’d hardly call those “good” More recently, there was Convergence and Forever Evil, both of which I could see getting omnis at some point (if they haven’t already, I’m not following things as closely as I used to!)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd definitely buy an Eclipso: TDW collection.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

We've had:
    Infinite Crisis
    Final Crisis
    Zero Hour
    War of the Gods
    Blackest Night

5. Day of Judgement
    7. Bloodlines (bleh)

Did I miss a good one?
    Imo I wouldn't put the War of the Gods omnibus or any of the ones not released yet on the ones 'we've had' since there's sadly still a chance of cancellation.

Out of the ones listed, I'd definitely like Underworld Unleashed and Final Night the most.

Spectacular Member

We've had:
    Infinite Crisis
    Final Crisis
    Zero Hour
    War of the Gods
    Blackest Night
    Zero Hour Omnibus is already announced for October:

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Hour-Cri...gateway&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Zero Hour Omnibus is already announced for October:

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Hour-Cri...gateway&sr=8-1
    Yes, that’s why he listed it. That list you quoted is of existing/announced omnis (it says “We’ve had:” right above that list.)
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 08-06-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Of that list, the only one I've purchased is the DC One Million omni and it sits proudly on my shelf. It's my all-time favorite DC (or Marvel) event. Bloodlines, Legends, and Invasion were just before my time as a reader, but I'd be all about the Final Night and Underworld Unleashed editions.

Great announcements, but make me annoyed that I bought previous collections (War of The Gods, WW by Mike Deodato).

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Of that list, the only one I've purchased is the DC One Million omni and it sits proudly on my shelf. It's my all-time favorite DC (or Marvel) event. Bloodlines, Legends, and Invasion were just before my time as a reader, but I'd be all about the Final Night and Underworld Unleashed editions.
    Nice to see another DC One Million fan. Love that omni. 90% of the tie-ins are great.

All-New Member

Are there any plans for nightwing deluxe vol. 4 or should I buy the regular trade?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillerUmbrella View Post
    Are there any plans for nightwing deluxe vol. 4 or should I buy the regular trade?
    I am wondering this, too. Though I have a feeling DC is done with these deluxe editions.

However, there is a deluxe of Snyder's JL later this year. So maybe they're being re-branded?

Amazing Member

Switching topics; I've noticed with some recent DC releases they are using a matte-type paper. Wonder if this will be a trend going forward? I think DC was doing great things with the rebirth deluxe editions (production quality) and I hope they don't stop that quality.

It jumped out at me when I was looking
    At my Bendis hard cover Superman and Bendis
    Action Comics