View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Pietro and Wanda should be mutants and Magneto’s kids. When it comes to the Young Avengers characters, it never made sense to me that they were Wanda’s reincarnated kids. Rather it seemed to me that the most plausible story is that Wiccan is an extremely powerful reality warping mutant and an Avengers superfan who unconsciously created his own cosmic prince and distributed powers to Speed because he always wanted a brother. Vision should never have had an android family either. That story was just completely unnecessary.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Vision should never have had an android family either. That story was just completely unnecessary.
    Then we wouldn't have had one of the greatest books/stories ever.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I liked what the family connection did for Magneto's character early into the retcon but they never did anything interesting with it afterwards, so I couldn't care less what happens to that. The twins not being mutants craps on decades of stories though. Like, it now makes no sense that they were in the Brotherhood of Evil MUTANTS. And all the times Pietro, and to a lesser extent, Wanda, felt prejudice for their mutancy is now meaningless.

As for Wanda's kids, them being humans or mutants isn't a big deal. But I do think Tommy suffers a bit by not being relate to Mags. IIRC he enjoined being related to an infamous villain, which added some much needed dimensions to the character. That said, I doubt anybody would have ever gone anywhere with that, if they even remembered it (or remembered this character exists), so whatever.

Pietro and Wanda should be mutants and Magneto’s kids. When it comes to the Young Avengers characters, it never made sense to me that they were Wanda’s reincarnated kids. Rather it seemed to me that the most plausible story is that Wiccan is an extremely powerful reality warping mutant and an Avengers superfan who unconsciously created his own cosmic prince and distributed powers to Speed because he always wanted a brother. Vision should never have had an android family either. That story was just completely unnecessary.
    Aren't Wiccan's reality warping powers just active when he's the demiurge and normally he's just a Zatanna style wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Then we wouldn't have had one of the greatest books/stories ever.
    I agree with this. It was a good book. And it's not out of character for Vision. He always wanted a family badly. First one didn't work out. The one in UA just were written out. He's still trying. There's something sad and sympathetic about it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree with this. It was a good book. And it's not out of character for Vision. He always wanted a family badly. First one didn't work out. The one in UA just were written out. He's still trying. There's something sad and sympathetic about it.
    It was a Tom King book. Of course it’s a sad and depressing plot.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

It was a Tom King book. Of course it’s a sad and depressing plot.
    Yeah but sad and depressing also fits Vision. He has a vast history of having depression.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Vision should hang out with Death's Head and Machine Man. DH would teach Vision independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I liked what the family connection did for Magneto's character early into the retcon but they never did anything interesting with it afterwards, so I couldn't care less what happens to that. The twins not being mutants craps on decades of stories though. Like, it now makes no sense that they were in the Brotherhood of Evil MUTANTS. And all the times Pietro, and to a lesser extent, Wanda, felt prejudice for their mutancy is now meaningless.

As for Wanda's kids, them being humans or mutants isn't a big deal. But I do think Tommy suffers a bit by not being relate to Mags. IIRC he enjoined being related to an infamous villain, which added some much needed dimensions to the character. That said, I doubt anybody would have ever gone anywhere with that, if they even remembered it (or remembered this character exists), so whatever.
    The High Evolutionary gave the Maximoffs mutant DNA signatures, which fooled the mutant detectors and the Sentinels into believing they were mutants. They believed they were mutants because Magneto told them they were. They were part of the Brotherhood because Magneto was fooled into believing they were mutant. They experienced prejudice because the world was fooled into believing they were mutants.

Quicksilver lost his powers on M-Day because the M-Day spell affected anyone with a mutant DNA signature. He gave himself new powers by using terrigen mist, and wasn't poisoned by it because he is not a mutant.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-20-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

If they have a mutant DNA signature and are considered mutants by every test for mutant-ness and every spell that affects mutants, I think they're mutants. That's why the idea of them not being mutants doesn't make any sense unless there's an incredibly reductive definition of "mutant."

That would actually be an interesting thing to explore in the comics, i.e. do you really have to be born with the X-gene to be a mutant if you're a mutant in every other possible way that counts. But Wanda and Pietro are no longer allowed in the X-books at all (even though no one else is using them for the rest of the year), so it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If they have a mutant DNA signature and are considered mutants by every test for mutant-ness and every spell that affects mutants, I think they're mutants. That's why the idea of them not being mutants doesn't make any sense unless there's an incredibly reductive definition of "mutant."

That would actually be an interesting thing to explore in the comics, i.e. do you really have to be born with the X-gene to be a mutant if you're a mutant in every other possible way that counts. But Wanda and Pietro are no longer allowed in the X-books at all (even though no one else is using them for the rest of the year), so it's a moot point.
    They are altered humans with mutant DNA signatures. They were not born as mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

the u-men would like to know your location
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The High Evolutionary gave the Maximoffs mutant DNA signatures, which fooled the mutant detectors and the Sentinels into believing they were mutants. They believed they were mutants because Magneto told them they were. They were part of the Brotherhood because Magneto was fooled into believing they were mutant. They experienced prejudice because the world was fooled into believing they were mutants.

Quicksilver lost his powers on M-Day because the M-Day spell affected anyone with a mutant DNA signature. He gave himself new powers by using terrigen mist, and wasn't poisoned by it because he is not a mutant.
    "Pietro lost his powers from M-Day cuz he's a mutant but the T-Mist didn't make him sick cuz he's not a mutant."

download.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

so he was a mutant inhuman test tube mix. M Day took his mutant powers. terrigenesis gave him inhuman powers. Pietro's the missing link.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the u-men would like to know your location
    Similar, but (again according to the retcon) Wanda and Pietro didn't choose to become/resemble mutants, they lived lives exactly like any other mutant, with their powers emerging as they got older, etc.

If Marvel would let them appear in the X-books then that would be a pretty funny argument for the characters to have, whether they should ban Wanda from their clubhouse because she's a Pretender (since they can't really claim to be banning people for their past crimes).