Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Little too much going on with the lightning on the stomach in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Little too much going on with the lightning on the stomach in my opinion.
    I can see that, but I always get a kick outta fan redesigns

currently following:

Bumping this up because Hill is doing a Q&A on Twitter right now, so if you want to ask him some BL related questions, now's the time !

smh I don't care if it was on the nose, Black Lightning's black lightning was such an awesome idea and I'm annoyed they ever went back to the standard blue.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-29-2019 at 10:38 PM.

currently following:

smh I don't care if it was on the nose, Black Lightning's black lihtning was such an awesome idea and I'm annoyed they ever went back to the standard blue.
    I can see why. It doesn't exactly look like electricity.

Lightning looks a lot better when brightly colored.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can see why. It doesn't exactly look like electricity.

Lightning looks a lot better when brightly colored.
    I disagree, no one is going to look at that image and go "is that fire? or some nebulous energy blast?", it's very clearly black-colored lightning. I don't think bright colors look "a lot better" so much as it's just what's usually done plus the use of blue highlights for Jeff and the lightning adds plenty of color to make him pop more; subtly can be a virtue. blue, white, and yellow are all standard and don't stand out, red has been co-oped by villains and the Flash mythos, I guess purple is a decent compromise since Static is in indefinite limbo and they never rolled in his iconic purple lightning into the comics anyway, but black lightning for Black Lightning is perfect; it's distinct, it's rare (in western comics at least), it's a pun, and it's just overall rad to look at.

currently following:

I disagree, no one is going to look at that image and go "is that fire? or some nebulous energy blast?", it's very clearly black-colored lightning. I don't think bright colors look "a lot better" so much as it's just what's usually done plus the use of blue highlights for Jeff and the lightning adds plenty of color to make him pop more; subtly can be a virtue. blue, white, and yellow are all standard and don't stand out, red has been co-oped by villains and the Flash mythos, I guess purple is a decent compromise since Static is in indefinite limbo and they never rolled in his iconic purple lightning into the comics anyway, but black lightning for Black Lightning is perfect; it's distinct, it's rare (in western comics at least), it's a pun, and it's just overall rad to look at.
    I guess I'm just used to electricity being colored in certain ways. The way it was drawn in the image you posted it looked like another example of some sort of "eldritch energy" rather than electricity to me.

smh I don't care if it was on the nose, Black Lightning's black lightning was such an awesome idea and I'm annoyed they ever went back to the standard blue.
    I'm down for the black lightning to be a special move, just a trump card he pulls out every once in a while. His normal lightning can be blue.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8