Page 106 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2791
    BANNED

I wonder if we are going to have commercial break cliffhangers in the middle of every episode now that Stargirl is on the CW.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Standish View Post
    I wonder if we are going to have commercial break cliffhangers in the middle of every episode now that Stargirl is on the CW.
    Since most of what is said about the CW around here is knee-jerk hyperbole, probably not.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Have we gotten word on the episode count?

I have mostly high hopes about this season. Having it wholly on the CW gives me some pause, but the first season outside of a few hiccups was phenomenal so I am eagerly waiting for this new season to kick off and the story to keep going.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Have we gotten word on the episode count?

I have mostly high hopes about this season. Having it wholly on the CW gives me some pause, but the first season outside of a few hiccups was phenomenal so I am eagerly waiting for this new season to kick off and the story to keep going.

I assume the episode count is the same.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume the episode count is the same.
    Really hoping it is so as to not have to stretch the fx budget out to cover those added episodes.

Tho, unless i am misremembering I recall reading that the first season budget of a lot of shows that use repetitive CG is high because they are building the models and such but its not as much in subsequent seasons because all the heavy lifting/creating is already done.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Um guys.................that has to be Jack freaking Knight!!!!!!!!

E3PZAW8VcAIvwc6.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Battle for the Cosmic Staff?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If it's not Jack Knight it'll be curious to find out whom it really is. Gotta be Jack!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Battle for the Cosmic Staff?
    I could see it as Courtney going to learn more about the staff from Ted Knight and finding Jack instead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Um guys.................that has to be Jack freaking Knight!!!!!!!!

E3PZAW8VcAIvwc6.jpg
    So, if it is Jack Knight, do you think they'll include his and by extension Opal City's most frequently unacknowledged superpower: the ability to make other characters become oddly geeky about collectibles and popular culture. It was one of the most odd yet entertaining things in James Robinson's Starman. Copperhead shows up in town, suddenly we find out he collects transistor radios. He gets Batman, Alan Scott and Floronic Man to talk about what their favorite Woody Allen movies are. The gangsters (and occasionally cops) would debate what the best Sondheim musical is.

I mean, I know it was probably just James Robinson trying to write a character that was kind of like himself, but it would be funny if that was some kind of passive psychic effect that Jack had.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    So, if it is Jack Knight, do you think they'll include his and by extension Opal City's most frequently unacknowledged superpower: the ability to make other characters become oddly geeky about collectibles and popular culture. It was one of the most odd yet entertaining things in James Robinson's Starman. Copperhead shows up in town, suddenly we find out he collects transistor radios. He gets Batman, Alan Scott and Floronic Man to talk about what their favorite Woody Allen movies are. The gangsters (and occasionally cops) would debate what the best Sondheim musical is.

I mean, I know it was probably just James Robinson trying to write a character that was kind of like himself, but it would be funny if that was some kind of passive psychic effect that Jack had.
    Robinson is involved with the show so...I wouldn't rule it out.

Did something happen with Alan and the JSA?

Astonishing Member

I’m sorry I’m so late to the conversation but what stargirl did was wrong.
    They didn’t need to stop ISA, I’m so confused why the writer had to make ISA the “good guys” in the end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m sorry, I couldn’t get past the teen angst stuff. I’m a long way from my teenage years and have no desire to revisit it. I’m having the same problem with Superman and Lois.
    I didn’t really see that as teen angst as much as character building. If she’s all goody and superheroy from day one then there’s no way to grow from there. Having said that, the first few episodes did bother me about how immature she was but at the end of the season, the reward was so much better.