Page 168 of 173 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Because he knows he can't hold Brady's jock...
    He's a better QB.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He's a better QB.
    Brady is the greatest of ALL time. I dont even like Brady. Rodgers may have the better are but Brady has what matters. The Rings Rodgers cant even get out of the first round most years.

And I dont even like Brady. But no way I would put Rodgers above him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Heard a funny thing on sports radio.
    No way Rodgers will retire right now, because that puts him in Canton the same year as Brady. And no way he shares that stage with Brady.
    Becoming eligible the same year as Brady puts Rodgers at risk of having to wait a year. Not a likely risk, but some voters might not want to put in too many QBs at the same time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I don't deny, Brady is the GOAT. But that doesn't mean Rodgers isn't a better QB. He objectively is. Just as Peyton was always a better regular season QB than Brady. But neither played as well in the post season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I don't deny, Brady is the GOAT. But that doesn't mean Rodgers isn't a better QB. He objectively is. Just as Peyton was always a better regular season QB than Brady. But neither played as well in the post season.
    I would argue the very nature of football as the "ultimate team sport" also complicates things in ways that end up favoring Brady in the last few years where it might have hurt him in a comparison against Rodgers earlier in their careers.

You could easily argue that Brady got carried through his first dynasty and only had to be pretty good as opposed to great, a bit akin to Aikman and the 90's Cowboys. Then when he got his other Patriots Super Bowls, you could argue he was "paying" to win by taking team-friendly contracts to allow the Pats to stack up the defenses over and over. But I think his foresight to join the Bucs when he left New England emphasizes that his own talent evaluation and ability to meld and mold team chemistry in a sport as reliant on those things as football arguably proves him "smarter" than Rodgers in an area that *should* be quantified in discussions of being great QBS.

Rodgers has proven himself to be a drag on subpar rosters thanks to some of his attitude problems, while Brady has elevated subpar rosters with his intangibles.

...This is rot of why I'm fascinated by the idea of Rodgers going to Vegas, but also why I'm betting he doesn't go there; I think Rodgers and McDaniels would bring out the worst in each other.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I would argue the very nature of football as the "ultimate team sport" also complicates things in ways that end up favoring Brady in the last few years where it might have hurt him in a comparison against Rodgers earlier in their careers.

You could easily argue that Brady got carried through his first dynasty and only had to be pretty good as opposed to great, a bit akin to Aikman and the 90's Cowboys. Then when he got his other Patriots Super Bowls, you could argue he was "paying" to win by taking team-friendly contracts to allow the Pats to stack up the defenses over and over. But I think his foresight to join the Bucs when he left New England emphasizes that his own talent evaluation and ability to meld and mold team chemistry in a sport as reliant on those things as football arguably proves him "smarter" than Rodgers in an area that *should* be quantified in discussions of being great QBS.

Rodgers has proven himself to be a drag on subpar rosters thanks to some of his attitude problems, while Brady has elevated subpar rosters with his intangibles.

...This is rot of why I'm fascinated by the idea of Rodgers going to Vegas, but also why I'm betting he doesn't go there; I think Rodgers and McDaniels would bring out the worst in each other.
    Teaming football’s number one egomaniac in Rodgers with a Darth Hoodie disciple (most of whom are stuck up assholes) in McDaniels would be a **** show on steroids. That’s why I’m of the opinion that if Aaron the Pissy Packer goes anywhere (though I’m not sure he will move), it’ll be to the Jets where his old Green Bay buddy, Nathaniel Hackett was recently hired as the new offensive coordinator.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

At the end of the day him being better doesnt matter much. What does he have to show for it?

I cant stand Rodgers but he is amazing. But does being better matter when the guy you are better then has more rings and records?

brady had great teams around him. I wont argue that. But Rodgers wasnt playing with scrubs a lot of years either.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Rodgers has proven himself to be a drag on subpar rosters thanks to some of his attitude problems, while Brady has elevated subpar rosters with his intangibles.[/b ]
    And that's why Brady was a better QB than Rodgers. Aaron the Pissy might be a better passer, but there's more to quarterbacking than throwing the football, and Rodgers is behind Brady in nearly everything but throwing metrics. In some cases, like leadership, exceedingly far behind.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 02-03-2023 at 03:33 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

On athletic skills...yes Rodgers is better. He's gotten more athletic talent than Brady. Just like Murray , Jackson and Mahomes do. But Brady is the better overall QB.

His ability to process quickly , make fast reads and generally take lesser players to Championships show he was a better QB.

That's just the truth. Rodgers had more athletic skills but as Brady showed there is more than that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

These are all worthy points being made.

Rodgers is falling off a cliff.

Brady never did.

Brady's 3 seasons of football life (his 20s, 30s, & 40s) are all comparable to the greats in the GOAT discussion (Montana, Marino, Aikman).

The fact he was so consistently great for so many seasons is why he is the GOAT. Being first in 9 different playoff categories is just gravy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rodgers was MVP the two previous years. This year, with a BROKEN THUMB!!! he passed for 3600, 26 TDs and 12 Ints.
    Still in the top half of the League, with a broken thumb!!
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-04-2023 at 12:20 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

On NFL.Com during the week they had 2 articles about how the Chiefs and Eagles both rolled the dice on important moves and how they ended up in Super Bowl.

- For the Eagles it was the decision after a playoff exit where the backup QB wasn't good that GM Howie Roseman decided to draft Jalen Hurts in the 2nd rd. A fact many thought Roseman was crazy to spend such a high pick on Hurts when he had Carson Wentz then. But as the article detailed , Wentz imploded. Not able to handle the stress of a young QB who could push him. Even though that wasn't the plan then.

Wentz pretty much forced a trade for himself and is likely to be out of the league next season. While Hurts has really became a star QB.

- In Kansas City , GM Brett Veach had a tough decision. KC needed help on defense and limited salary cap space. Their top #1 WR Tyreek Hill suddenly upped his demand from an agreed on price to what he saw Adams get with Raiders.

Veach knew this deal would hurt Kansas City. So he decided to roll the dice and trade Tyreek Hill for draft picks and to sign some lesser free agents to fit roles. MVS , Shuster and others spent the off season working with Pat Mahomes. Who was entering a very ...make or break season. A fact he was changing his methods of a deep passing game to one where he could suddenly play chess on football food.

Mahomes showed how great he is by taking this squad to the Super Bowl. He also won a NFL MVP.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My prediction for tonights game. Eagles win it in a close one. I think Maholmes has a good game but I think the Eagles have a better over all team. Though I worry about Hurt's injury I think in the end he will over come it.

But at the end of the day I wont be upset no matter who wins.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    On NFL.Com during the week they had 2 articles about how the Chiefs and Eagles both rolled the dice on important moves and how they ended up in Super Bowl.

- For the Eagles it was the decision after a playoff exit where the backup QB wasn't good that GM Howie Roseman decided to draft Jalen Hurts in the 2nd rd. A fact many thought Roseman was crazy to spend such a high pick on Hurts when he had Carson Wentz then. But as the article detailed , Wentz imploded. Not able to handle the stress of a young QB who could push him. Even though that wasn't the plan then.

Wentz pretty much forced a trade for himself and is likely to be out of the league next season. While Hurts has really became a star QB.

- In Kansas City , GM Brett Veach had a tough decision. KC needed help on defense and limited salary cap space. Their top #1 WR Tyreek Hill suddenly upped his demand from an agreed on price to what he saw Adams get with Raiders.

Veach knew this deal would hurt Kansas City. So he decided to roll the dice and trade Tyreek Hill for draft picks and to sign some lesser free agents to fit roles. MVS , Shuster and others spent the off season working with Pat Mahomes. Who was entering a very ...make or break season. A fact he was changing his methods of a deep passing game to one where he could suddenly play chess on football food.

Mahomes showed how great he is by taking this squad to the Super Bowl. He also won a NFL MVP.
    Even though I’m an Eagles fan, I’m happier than a pig in slop that Mahomes won MVP. Why, you ask? Because the last league MVP who won the Super Bowl was Kurt Warner in 1999. So, in my mind, Jalen Hurts dodged a bullet by not winning than award.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!