Page 1141 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1416411041109111311137113811391140114111421143114411451151 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,115 of 17573
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    If she pulls through, hope it was the wake-up call she needed. It’s not a political ploy to “tread on you”. It’s a goddamn virus.
    I’m skeptical. Despite nearly dying after having been shot during the Congressional baseball shooting three years ago, Steve Scalise remained a hardcore second amendment/anti-gun control fanatic. I suspect this woman won’t let coronavirus stop her from being an idiot.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I don’t think it matters. People will believe what they were inclined to. People who dislike Biden will be harder on him. People who do will be more forgiving and sympathetic. Unless a vid comes out or she recanted not much is changing that
    I would reject the notion that there aren’t any undecided voters who are swayed by negative stories like this. Of course, it could be viewed mathematically and we could see people say, “Well, Trump is just numerically worse” in these positions. But I think Biden is presenting himself as a candidate of healing. It would be appropriate for him to make that message to independents or voters who will decide between him and Trump that there is a characteristic difference between how he and Trump handle these allegations.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I would reject the notion that there aren’t any undecided voters who are swayed by negative stories like this. Of course, it could be viewed mathematically and we could see people say, “Well, Trump is just numerically worse” in these positions. But I think Biden is presenting himself as a candidate of healing. It would be appropriate for him to make that message to independents or voters who will decide between him and Trump that there is a characteristic difference between how he and Trump handle these allegations.
    Exactly. In a coldly political calculation, there are almost certainly “points” to be scored by handling the scandal in a more muted, respectful, and dignified way among the handful of voters in the key states who actually might find that in a spat between their opposing friends, an ability by a Biden voter to say “our guy conducted himself with dignity and respect toward his accuser, unlike Trump,” could be a deciding factor.

At the very least, if it has any ability to blunt attempts at whataboutism or equivalency arguments on the part of Trump’s campaign, it should be “deployed.”

It would also be the kind of reaction that could give a female VP running mate a leg to stand on when inevitably attacked on that point, since being able to argue there is decency in the party could be an advantage against the shameless onslaught Trump will unleash.

The one caveat I’d add is if Biden’s defense comes off as insincere or suspicious.

From a purely political standpoint, this is going to be about crafting a narrative and image that works in favor of the campaign.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Texas will reopen at 25% capacity on Friday per Governor Abbott.
    Because of course he would.

And Mr. "There are more important things than living" was sitting right behind him when he announced it.
    This has to be the dumbest apocalypse ever.

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

If these people, Trump and the Quick-Draw Governors, were running the country during the revolutionary war

The headlines would read: George Washington wins first major U.S. victory at Trenton

Followed by 'Trump fires Washington', 'Brian Kemp orders troops back home to open stores', 'Trump negotiates building hotel in London in exchange for ending war'.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Obviously there is a handful of undecideds but the reality is, without a smoking gun, the people that will believe he did it are people who were either already inclined to not like him or were totally indifferent. Psychologically most people believe what they feel most comfortable believing unless data forces them otherwise.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh dear, that is such a shame. What a shame indeed. I am certainly not smiling and laughing about this. No way! Truly a shame.

Fox News has cut ties with MAGA vlogging superstars Diamond & Silk, who had contributed original content to the network’s streaming service Fox Nation since shortly after its late 2018 launch.

The sudden split comes after the Trump-boosting siblings have come under fire for promoting conspiracy theories and disinformation about the coronavirus. “After what they’ve said and tweeted you won’t be seeing them on Fox Nation or Fox News anytime soon,” a source with knowledge of the matter told The Daily Beast.

Easy sacrifice for Fox to make in the wake of the corona virus misinfo lawsuits.

While it would just be taking a guess...

I tend to wonder if it's not a chance to drop some of the dead weight at a streaming service that might not be making money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Thoughts? Anyone?
    3 weeks ago Twitter was outraged because Biden encouraged people to go vote in the primaries even if it might be dangerous. Now Twitter is outraged by basically the exact opposite.
    I dunno, Twitter is a wretched hive sometimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Exactly. In a coldly political calculation, there are almost certainly “points” to be scored by handling the scandal in a more muted, respectful, and dignified way among the handful of voters in the key states who actually might find that in a spat between their opposing friends, an ability by a Biden voter to say “our guy conducted himself with dignity and respect toward his accuser, unlike Trump,” could be a deciding factor.

At the very least, if it has any ability to blunt attempts at whataboutism or equivalency arguments on the part of Trump’s campaign, it should be “deployed.”

It would also be the kind of reaction that could give a female VP running mate a leg to stand on when inevitably attacked on that point, since being able to argue there is decency in the party could be an advantage against the shameless onslaught Trump will unleash.

The one caveat I’d add is if Biden’s defense comes off as insincere or suspicious.

From a purely political standpoint, this is going to be about crafting a narrative and image that works in favor of the campaign.
    If there is any chance at all that these allegations turn out to be true, then the GOP will be absolutely shameless in hammering this message all the way through to November, and nothing that the Democrats can say in response will matter because the Republicans simply aren't held to the same standards. Trying to appeal to decency won't work because voters stopped caring about that a long time ago. Biden's best move is just to ignore the allegation completely and go on the offensive, and hope and pray that educated women voters don't hold that against him enough to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If there is any chance at all that these allegations turn out to be true, then the GOP will be absolutely shameless in hammering this message all the way through to November, and nothing that the Democrats can say in response will matter because the Republicans simply aren't held to the same standards. Trying to appeal to decency won't work because voters stopped caring about that a long time ago. Biden's best move is just to ignore the allegation completely and go on the offensive, and hope and pray that educated women voters don't hold that against him enough to stay home.
    But also the GOP doesn't actually care if things are true.
    Last edited by JCAll; 04-27-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The USA Today poll had been one of the few ones to show Trump with a narrow lead over Biden in head-to-head polling.

No more.

Six months before Election Day, the coronavirus pandemic has done what impeachment did not: Cost President Donald Trump his advantage over Joe Biden in the 2020 campaign.

A new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll shows the former vice president leading Trump nationwide by 6 percentage points, 44% to 38%, a shift from Trump's 3-point lead in the survey as he was being impeached by the House in December. In a contest without a third-party contender, Biden's margin jumps to 10 points, 50% to 40%.

In the previous poll, when Trump led 44% to 41%, Biden was in the middle of a fierce battle for the Democratic nomination.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

We have first public and named corroboration of Reade’s claims.

Reade’s old neighbor claims she was told contemporaneously about an assault by Joe Biden against her.

This whole thing is really odd.
    I still find it odd that....

A. She's still voting Biden
    B. She only remembers the exact details that Reade is telling now. Nothing MORE just the exact details she's telling now.

It does make it more likely but also makes it so fucking weird. Then again as I said before shes weaponising her assault which is fucking awful unto itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Because of course he would.

And Mr. "There are more important things than living" was sitting right behind him when he announced it.
    This has to be the dumbest apocalypse ever.

The preservation of Covid-19, liberty and the the pursuit of happiness.