Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    What made that Lynx great was the unique twist on the usual Catwoman archetype; to be clear, that is basically all she was, but making the ambiguity be over whether she's a cunning gang leader or a deep cover operative is a good take on the formula. I think she could be adapted for any Robin, really, but the chessmaster tendencies making her different benefitted that particular version of Tim.

I still think that version of Tim was a pretty good consequence of some bad story decisions; rather than trying to shove the character back into a status quo that was permanently wrecked, they just figured out a good progression from them.

Yeah she fit really in Tim's story and the ambiguity kept the whole thing intruiging. Too bad it got shelved.

And yeah Tim did face some BAD stories. Like the thing with Stephanie following Bruce's orders to make him a better Robin was so out of character and poorly written. Thank God they saved her with the Batgirl series as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, pre-Flashpoint, both Tim and Cass were adopted by Bruce. If they're brother and sister, a romance would be a definite no-go.
    With Tim being 16 when he was adopted and Cass being 18, and Cass never really actually living with Bruce, I don't think that this would have been a really big problem.

It would be illegal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So any theory as to what Tim and Bernard's story is gonna be in the Pride anthology?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So any theory as to what Tim and Bernard's story is gonna be in the Pride anthology?
    Probably cute fluffy relationship stuff to try and sell people on the relationship.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably cute fluffy relationship stuff to try and sell people on the relationship.

So boring and character shilling. I swear if they try to push him as the 'perfect' relationship....Anyway Bernard already feels like a Mary Sue.
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 05-04-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Mighty Member

I like that Jorge Jiménez is drawing Tim to a least look older than 16

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

Art looks great here .

Mighty Member

Are they bringing back the OYL suit?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Tbh, at this point maybe Tim just likes to switch it up regularly.

His suit is always changing or he’s literally drawn as Damian. Another reason why they should give him a new identity.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    They won't be. They'll be sticking with his current armored updated of his original (and best) robin suit.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Tbh, at this point maybe Tim just likes to switch it up regularly.

His suit is always changing or he’s literally drawn as Damian. Another reason why they should give him a new identity.
    I know this is unpopular but this is why also the reason Tim should have kept the Red Robin cowl, it gave him a distinct look.

Mighty Member

I know this is unpopular but this is why also the reason Tim should have kept the Red Robin cowl, it gave him a distinct look.

Yes. Red Robin was a good look and good thing. The whole DC not knowing what to do with him and him not having his own identity makes no sense as they had it right in front of them but discarded it.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    They won't be. They'll be sticking with his current armored updated of his original (and best) robin suit.
    Or at least a slight modification of it is what's shown on the first Zdarsky Batman issue's cover. Maybe he changes it an issue or two in?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Red Robin is a bad name and this is a bland look. Tim deserves better.