Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Even if she dies, she will have to be revived at a later date due to this privilege when the New Mutants movie comes out. I heard Karma is going to appear in a New Mutants movie after the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I don't know if the new Mutants movie will prevent anything.
    Ha we both agree to that

Spectacular Member

I just hope Rosenberg's run (and his poor character development and shock value killings) will be retconned out as soon as he leaves. Basically, I hope he gets Morrisoned. Badly. So bad that people will stop talking about Morrison's run being retconned out and use Rosenberg as the very prime example of a run being buldozed, leveled and the ground being salted.

BANNED

Rosenberg's UXM is good

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I just hope Rosenberg's run (and his poor character development and shock value killings) will be retconned out as soon as he leaves. Basically, I hope he gets Morrisoned. Badly. So bad that people will stop talking about Morrison's run being retconned out and use Rosenberg as the very prime example of a run being buldozed, leveled and the ground being salted.
    Scott losing an eye aside, Rosenberg has had a good run. Best UXM run since Gillen.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I don't hate Rosenberg's run, but so far, I am unimpressed. I much preferred Bunn's Uncanny. That was my favorite run of 2016. And nothing has come close since the 2016 run of books. For me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Chamber actually has fans
    so what? maggott has fans. synch has a bunch of fans. Cyclops has died, wolverine has died. that logic makes no sense

Spectacular Member

He made everyone who is not Scott or Alex seem shrewd and unlikable. Turned Jamie Madrox into a one-dimentional multipurpose plot device. Turned Karma into an irredeemable monster. Killed two beloved and one well-liked character for sheer shock factor. Even Fraction had sense not to urinate all over what came before him.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Rosenberg's UXM is good
    Bit of a stretch, but it's okay. I mean it could be a LOT worse.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He made everyone who is not Scott or Alex seem shrewd and unlikable. .
    I don't know, Alex seems pretty unlikable to me.

Could we be making a mistake assuming that the death happens in Uncanny proper? Something bad is supposed to happen to Rahne in the WotR mini, IIRC. Might be weird if she has a funeral before we read her death, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Extraordinary Member

I don't hate what he's done, but the execution has been...well, he clearly has a great story going on behind the scenes, but a lot of times things just feel badly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I don't hate Rosenberg's run, but so far, I am unimpressed. I much preferred Bunn's Uncanny. That was my favorite run of 2016. And nothing has come close since the 2016 run of books. For me, anyway.
    Unimpressed, yes, that is how I feel about Rosenberg run

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Scott losing an eye aside, Rosenberg has had a good run. Best UXM run since Gillen.
    its ok...but i prefer a little more planning by cyclops...not fly by the seat of my pants get everyone injured or killed and then treated by one of my worst enemies....Cyclops

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't hate what he's done, but the execution has been...well, he clearly has a great story going on behind the scenes, but a lot of times things just feel badly planned.
    Yes, Rosenberg story is rich except that I hate that everything seems to go off-panel i.e. compressed to a few issues. eg. Morlocks were dead before any action, the cure of New Mutants were not shown, fight with MLF were limited to a few panels, how Loa was killed off-panel

He's the opposite of other writers whose story is thin (eg. disassembled) and overstretched to many boring filler issues.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-08-2019 at 08:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Could we be making a mistake assuming that the death happens in Uncanny proper? Something bad is supposed to happen to Rahne in the WotR mini, IIRC. Might be weird if she has a funeral before we read her death, but I wouldn't put it past them.
    Yes, you might be right. The death might not happen in last panel of issue 16 but in WotR mini.

Where did you read something bad is going to happen to Rahne?