View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 671 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1715716216616676686696706716726736746756817217711171 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I used to keep mine in shrink wrap until I was ready to read as well...until I got burned because the pages weren't cut right. Now I open them all so I don't miss the window to return and get a perfect copy.
    Exact same thing happened to me. Just glad it wasn't that many pages and I could still read them. But it was enough to make me start opening books.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I used to keep mine in shrink wrap until I was ready to read as well...until I got burned because the pages weren't cut right. Now I open them all so I don't miss the window to return and get a perfect copy.
    Same here. I got a book that had some messed up pages and after that I took the shrink wrap off of all of them. And it's the first thing I do now to make sure there isn't a defect. Just like with my Black Science OHC. That book was horrible and I had to send it back.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All-New Member

Odd that Volume 2 of Rucka's 2000s-era WW run isn't up on Amazon. DC wouldn't stop midway through on this series collections, right? I mean the movie's coming out and Rucka's headlining the current WW title. Is it just a long gap, or has DC quit on these collections?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

A few new DC listings on Amazon. Including Batman: Ego and Other Tails Deluxe Edition by Darwyn Cooke. I'll be getting that one for certain.
    Last edited by Master Destructo; 08-14-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Just noticed on Amazon that Green Lantern : The Silver Age Omnibus Vol 1 ( which is actually 3 ) has been reduced by 27% for preorders...
    I'm still waiting for the Justice League of America Bronze Age Omni to be reduced.... Am tempted to order the Green Lantern one though.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I can't believe Sgt. Rock and Jonah Hex aren't getting Omnibus Bronze and Silver Age reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I can't believe Sgt. Rock and Jonah Hex aren't getting Omnibus Bronze and Silver Age reprints.
    I'd be all over them...

I can. There's no peg to reprint them and the Jonah Hex movie was a long time ago and pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can. There's no peg to reprint them and the Jonah Hex movie was a long time ago and pretty bad.
    Please don't hold that movie against the character, those books are so well written and well drawn. I think anyone planning on buying Bronze Age JLA or Swamp Thing would be surprised how high quality those titles are. If Tomb of Dracula, Howard the Duck, And DHOKF get reprinted, why not? Both remind me of the Spirit or EC Comics.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 08-14-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Please don't hold that movie against the character, those books are so well written and well drawn. I think anyone planning on buying Bronze Age JLA or Swamp Thing would be surprised how high quality those titles are. If Tomb of Dracula, Howard the Duck, And DHOKF get reprinted, why not? Both remind me of the Spirit or EC Comics.
    I don't hold the movie against the stories, but there's typically a movie vs omnibus publication timing.
    That's why I'm not surprised.
    Also, your examples - Dracula, Howard - are meritless. Those are Marvel books. Marvel is known for taking chances. DC is known for putting out omnibus books with names such as Morrison and Johns, and popular character. DC rarely publishes the obscure.
    Personally, I would buy a Hex omnibus. I just don't see it happening.

Jonah Hex is a tough sell, ex-confederate soldier bounty hunter, horribly scarred after time spent as a slave to the Apaches. Krypton and Batman sound just as realisitc and less all over the place offensive. That's too bad with DC, i figure they must have some desire to archive some classic stuff, get stuff out there to create a market. There has to be an All Star Comics Omnibus from the 40s on the way? Plastic Man? The artist formerly known as Captain Marvel?

All-New Member

Looks like it is going to be a new Volume 1 of Silver Age Green Lantern, with more content than the original poorly printed ones.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I could see these maybe getting some nice thick trades eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath for omnibuses of war or western comics, no matter how good they may be. Just not much market interest for the genres these days.

There has to be an All Star Comics Omnibus from the 40s on the way?
    I hope so. I think there's a decent chance. All the restoration work is already done, it's a nice size to fit into three volumes, the JSA is going to be getting a lot of cross media promotion this year, and JSA already got three omnibuses of the Johns material that sold well so they're somewhat proven in the format. Wouldn't hold out hope for Plastic Man or Shazam, though. Neither are popular characters these days and neither sell well in collected form. I'd buy the Captain Marvel one if it existed and I think many other people might too out of curiousity, though Plastic Man would be a tough sell with me.

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Looks like it is going to be a new Volume 1 of Silver Age Green Lantern, with more content than the original poorly printed ones.
    Looks like. Amazon updated the description now. I think DC originally planned to make it a vol 3 but then realized many more people would be likely to buy them all if they started over with vol 1, which I think was smart. I'll happily upgrade to the new versions. If Amazon has the number of issues right for vol 1, then a new vol 2 will get us all the way to the O'Neil/Adams stuff!

Honestly...I'd rather we get a Palmiotti/Gray Omnibus of Jonah Hex than the bronze age stuff(although, I'd buy it still).

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Honestly...I'd rather we get a Palmiotti/Gray Omnibus of Jonah Hex than the bronze age stuff(although, I'd buy it still).
    YES! (10 Char)