Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

All the reactors i seen online are liking/loving this trailer,so mcu fans,audiences etc.. are liking/loving it.
    One of the reasons it looks different then other mcu movies and second most folks do not know anything or very little about them and folks are liking/loving the music and folks are exciting to see the cast,story,costumes,the way it looks and powers, so some here who are not liking it,meh on it etc.. are the small minority.
    All mcu films are different from each other by the way.
    Anyway this was really good trailer and exciting one.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-24-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

ETERNALS OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER (2021) BREAKDOWN! AVENGERS REFERENCE EXPLAINED - REACTION!

Marvel does a subdue trailer with very little emphasis on action or comedy and they are still people out here saying it looks like all the previous Marvel movies. This trailer is suppose to give you an idea of who the Eternals are because quite frankly nobody knows who the Eternals are especially the general public. Did it accomplish its goal? You get the gist that they are these alien like Gods who never interfere directly in earth affairs. I don't think this trailer was suppose to do much more than that

-Feel Cosmic and bit grand. Check
    -Introduce the concept of Eternals. Check
    -Drop in one joke to remind you that it is the MCU. Check

The next trailer will show some action and maybe even show the second antagonist The Deviants. Anyways this movie visuals looks amazing it is first time I have been tempted to watch something in theater since covid because I don't think I will get the same experience at home

Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-24-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel does a subdue trailer with very little emphasis on action or comedy and they are still people out here saying it looks like all the previous Marvel movies. This trailer is suppose to give you an idea of who the Eternals are because quite frankly nobody knows who the Eternals are especially the general public. Did it accomplish its goal? You get the gist that they are these alien like Gods who never interfere directly in earth affairs. I don't think this trailer was suppose to do much more than that

-Feel Cosmic and bit grand. Check
    -Introduce the concept of Eternals. Check
    -Drop in one joke to remind you that it is the MCU. Check

The next trailer will show some action and maybe even show the second antagonist The Deviants. Anyways this movie visuals looks amazing it is first time I have been tempted to watch something in theater since covid because I don't think I will get the same experience at home
    Yeah and a few reactors are even calling a teaser trailer boring(those are the ones saying the mcu is going woke or go broke crowd).
    Did any of these guys called the man of steel first trailer boring or even the second one.
    The best man of steel trailer was the 3rd one and the one less folks saw online anyway.
    If that trailer came out second or first it would have made more money because it show action scenes the first two did not show.
    The first teaser and this long one for eternals was more exciting then all man of steel trailers combined and more detailed then all three man of steel trailers.
    Anyway you could see see some action in this latest one but some action scenes go faster then others.
    Note-
    Keep in mind i really like man of steel.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-25-2021 at 06:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Know zip about the source material, but am curious about the movie. Is kinda clicking with the sci-fi fan in me.

Appeal to false authority.
    There was nothing false on that discussion . I am not a person that lies about movies and tv shows, I don't see the point because I already know someone else would know the truth and call me out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree here, because to me it's very clearly Zhao's own work. It doesn't look like James Gunn, Joss Whedon, The Russo Brothers, Taika Waititi or Jon Favreau. One 10 second joke in a 2 minute trailer still gets people's backs up about humour in Marvel movies lmao.

I'm not saying people don't like it because of Black Widow/Shang Chi/Loki, I'm saying people are more interested in Black Widow/Shang Chi/Loki because their trailers were made to be more audience friendly - this trailer has clearly been made to cash in on the hype around Chloe Zhao after Nomadland's award wins. What I am also saying is that they clearly aren't tired of this MCU
    Yes, I think we would just have agree to disagree although I am saying this more as a person trying to be objective. this movies does look like the rest of the other films, which I am sure only hard core MCU fans may disagree because they believe differently that not all their movies look the same

I was reading some comments on IGN and what you said about the joke is part of an already tired criticism, this jokes are overpowering, A 10 second joke can still rub people the wrong way, I read some comments why they did not like the joke is because the movie felt it was trying to remind people of its link to the Avengers. which should not be really necessary, because films can still be self contained.

I dont think the Zhao Oscar wins would have much impact because the Oscars to many now mean nothing, They can barely get 10 million viewers anymore and in the last few years, many believe the winners are no longer winning for quality but for diversity.

What I would say is to watch Grace Randolf reaction to the trailer, she also complains about the cinematography , saying that the color looks muted because it does. For me, it feels as if it is missing a very high HD quality. I think that is the word I will use best to describe it.
    Grace is sometimes a shill both for marvel and DC, but her reaction trailers are more spot on right than wrong.

I feel the good cinematography push is more of a talking point because MCU has a long history of not so great cinematography but this movie and Shang CHI still sort of confirms of it. This movie looks bland, which is still almost shocking because of how much Feige seems to be saying this was going to be the most unique MCU film yet, but it does not look it so far. Can you imagine if this was the first X-MEN Teaser trailer?

To those that keep saying phase 4 looks boring, I think they have a point and if Fiege is aware that this is the word on the street, I think his next strategy would be to start heavily sowing the seeds of Mutants to boost Phase 4. I think this is a foregone conclusion after the reaction to Evan Peters QS been on Wandavision

Lastly I would not compare it to Matt Reeves Batman at all because Disney and Warner Brothers are not on the same page when it comes to comic book film making. Matt has no Feige-like figure at WB to hold his hands. Also Reeves Batman is suppose to be self contained? The Eternals wants to be the next leader of the Avengers, meaning Marvel always need to rely on their connected universe formula.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-25-2021 at 03:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    All the reactors i seen online are liking/loving this trailer,so mcu fans,audiences etc.. are liking/loving it.
    One of the reasons it looks different then other mcu movies and second most folks do not know anything or very little about them and folks are liking/loving the music and folks are exciting to see the cast,story,costumes,the way it looks and powers, so some here who are not liking it,meh on it etc.. are the small minority.
    All mcu films are different from each other by the way.
    Anyway this was really good trailer and exciting one.
    No this is an appeal to false authority, only a very small minority will watch a reaction video to a trailer and frankly anyone who lets these dolts be their thought leaders is a cretin. You want to talk trailer views and like dislike ratios compared to other movies then knock yourself out. That is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am not a person that lies about movies and tv shows, I don't see the point because I already know someone else would know the truth and call me out on it.
    You are right that someone else called you out. May I remind you:

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    That was right when Ragnarok happened, so it makes sense for it to have muted colors. The scenes on Sakaar had a more vibrant color palette very different to the Russo style:

Not to mention Rocket flying a spaceship in GOTG 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ROiWmnWJHw

compared to Rocket flying a spaceship in Endgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCkspLVW5c

Identical color grading and visual style?
    Yet you ignore that your claim has been debunked and repeat it again:

I am saying this more as a person trying to be objective. this movies does look like the rest of the other films, which I am sure only hard core MCU fans may disagree because they believe differently that not all their movies look the same
    So yeah, WebLurker's description pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Edit: To actually believe Grace Randolph is an authority on movies is amusing.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 05-25-2021 at 04:04 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Marvel has people's expectation for Eternals like if it is Iron Man or Spiderman some A tier property but this is not a A-tier property it is freaking Antman or GotG. Relax. Marvel is going to put out late Dec 2021 Spiderman 3 and then in 2022 Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Thor 4 and Captain Marvel 2 next year. Feige ain't worried about anything imagine in the worse possible year where you are guarantee to lose money for movies your 3 movies are Black Widow, Eternals, and Shang Chi. At this point we might as well believe Feige has deal with Devil because how do you avoid wasting a movie with sure shot billion dollar potential in this year.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-25-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Yes, I think we would just have agree to disagree although I am saying this more as a person trying to be objective. this movies does look like the rest of the other films, which I am sure only hard core MCU fans may disagree because they believe differently that not all their movies look the same

I was reading some comments on IGN and what you said about the joke is part of an already tired criticism, this jokes are overpowering, A 10 second joke can still rub people the wrong way, I read some comments why they did not like the joke is because the movie felt it was trying to remind people of its link to the Avengers. which should not be really necessary, because films can still be self contained.

I dont think the Zhao Oscar wins would have much impact because the Oscars to many now mean nothing, They can barely get 10 million viewers anymore and in the last few years, many believe the winners are no longer winning for quality but for diversity.

What I would say is to watch Grace Randolf reaction to the trailer, she also complains about the cinematography , saying that the color looks muted because it does. For me, it feels as if it is missing a very high HD quality. I think that is the word I will use best to describe it.
    Grace is sometimes a shill both for marvel and DC, but her reaction trailers are more spot on right than wrong.

I feel the good cinematography push is more of a talking point because MCU has a long history of not so great cinematography but this movie and Shang CHI still sort of confirms of it. This movie looks bland, which is still almost shocking because of how much Feige seems to be saying this was going to be the most unique MCU film yet, but it does not look it so far. Can you imagine if this was the first X-MEN Teaser trailer?

To those that keep saying phase 4 looks boring, I think they have a point and if Fiege is aware that this is the word on the street, I think his next strategy would be to start heavily sowing the seeds of Mutants to boost Phase 4. I think this is a foregone conclusion after the reaction to Evan Peters QS been on Wandavision

Lastly I would not compare it to Matt Reeves Batman at all because Disney and Warner Brothers are not on the same page when it comes to comic book film making. Matt has no Feige-like figure at WB to hold his hands. Also Reeves Batman is suppose to be self contained? The Eternals wants to be the next leader of the Avengers, meaning Marvel always need to rely on their connected universe formula.
    You are not being objective though because if you were you would be able to tell it is Zhao's work. No matter what the colour palette is it still echos (and is consistent with) her previous work.

Films can be self contained yes, but they also don't have to be - if this movie manages to successfully reframe an already established universe then that is a feat in and of itself.

Again, this trailer focuses on cinematography, atmosphere, and mystery moreso than what usual MCU trailers focus on (action, fun, comedy and plot) meaning that it is clearly working toward another audience - specifically people who are interested in Zhao's work because of her recent success at the Oscars and other awards shows. That's not to say the marketing won't change (because it most defiunitely will), but it's no coincidence that they released this just a month or so after she won the oscar.

I have watched her reaction. I don't really understand why you're bringing it up seeing as the first thing I said was that I wish the colours were graded better? And I agree with everyone else here - Grace Randolph is one of the worst critics out there, she has some decent scoops but that's it.

No I can't imagine if this was the first X-Men teaser because the Eternals and X-Men are completely different - this movie is clearly centuries spanning, with a desire to be a grandiose sci fi epic. If X-Men had this teaser, it wouldn't look like X-Men. However if an X-Men movie looked this nicely shot I'd certainly be excited. If this was any comic book movie I'd be excited.

I figured you'd think they have a point - you don't like the MCU lol. And I'm pretty sure Feige was planning to start teasing the X-Men before phase 4 was even announced and the Disney Fox deal looked likely to go through.

You misunderstood what I was saying - I'm pointing out that, by your logic, people are just automatically more excited for new characters than they are for well known characters. Even if you had a Batfleck film, should people be more excited for Blue Beetle than that? Because he's a new character?
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 05-25-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I didn't know people took Grace Randolph seriously anymore

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Exactly this.

And she's not even a Marvel person. She used to work for Marvel and got laid off.

She's been on record on her channel that she prefers DC. But that hasn't stopped her from dipping into "fan toxicity" and tussling with WB creators (i.e the Birds of Prey fiasco, she really made a complete fool of herself then).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

She's been on record on her channel that she prefers DC. But that hasn't stopped her from dipping into "fan toxicity" and tussling with WB creators (i.e the Birds of Prey fiasco, she really made a complete fool of herself then).
    I would have never guessed this. Her tastes aren't in-line with mine as far as being a movie critic, but she has occasionally had some big scoops/rumor news which have turned out to be right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    You are not being objective though because if you were you would be able to tell it is Zhao's work. No matter what the colour palette is it still echos (and is consistent with) her previous work.

Films can be self contained yes, but they also don't have to be - if this movie manages to successfully reframe an already established universe then that is a feat in and of itself.

Again, this trailer focuses on cinematography, atmosphere, and mystery moreso than what usual MCU trailers focus on (action, fun, comedy and plot) meaning that it is clearly working toward another audience - specifically people who are interested in Zhao's work because of her recent success at the Oscars and other awards shows. That's not to say the marketing won't change (because it most defiunitely will), but it's no coincidence that they released this just a month or so after she won the oscar.

I have watched her reaction. I don't really understand why you're bringing it up seeing as the first thing I said was that I wish the colours were graded better? And I agree with everyone else here - Grace Randolph is one of the worst critics out there, she has some decent scoops but that's it.

No I can't imagine if this was the first X-Men teaser because the Eternals and X-Men are completely different - this movie is clearly centuries spanning, with a desire to be a grandiose sci fi epic. If X-Men had this teaser, it wouldn't look like X-Men. However if an X-Men movie looked this nicely shot I'd certainly be excited. If this was any comic book movie I'd be excited.

I figured you'd think they have a point - you don't like the MCU lol. And I'm pretty sure Feige was planning to start teasing the X-Men before phase 4 was even announced and the Disney Fox deal looked likely to go through.
    Nah, let's just leave thing as that but I will say trust more of the big fans here if you think I am just a ''hater'', the first 2 pages of this thread are people who I know to be fans that are calling the trailer looks meh, inhumans copy and uninteresting.

Also, I just don't see X-MEN looking that different from Shang CHI and Eternals in phase 4 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It usually depends on if they like or not what she says at that moment.

Grace can be pretty honest. when she is not in shill mode.

I agreed with her when she said Wonder Woman 2 was cartoonish, even if I am a wonder woman fan but an obvious is an obvious but that is part of objective criticism, and I feel she is right here saying the color grading looks bland.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-25-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Well, all I can say is, damned if you do, damned if you don't. People moan about the "sameness" of the MCU then when the teaser is released, they're disappointed about the lack of "sameness" i.e. action/visuals etc. The teaser was fine. It got me curious and wanted to find out more about the Eternals. The next trailer should show more of the story without giving away too much. If they revealed too much in this teaser then you'd have a situation where one could go "why bother seeing the movie when I saw the 2 minute trailer?"

Astonishing Member

The teaser looked fine but I’m not a big fan of the costumes.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-25-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.