Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just hope that when he shows up he's doing something meaningful and isn't just relegated to the back row in terms of importance and such...Crimson Dawn was a good mini, giving up a piece of his soul to free Betsy at the end and shortening his life for her if memory serves...
    I don't think that Warren giving up part of his soul is relevant anymore, seeing as how mutants can be resurrected with their souls intact.

I still think that Warren will have to appear in a new unrevealed DoX tittle to get any meaningful panel time. I just don't see where he fits with any of the current book rosters, unless Archangel is put back in X-Force. Just my opinion, and I could be wrong.
    Children of the Atom looks to be about the teen sidekicks, with Storm as leader. That doesn't seam to leave much panel time for Archangel. At least not according to what we have seen of the details of what the comic will be about so far.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Nightcrawler also has no title yet. For me it is hard to get that both these A-listers (at least that is how I see them) are not in any ongoing title.

And was there not an X-Corps title announced, or is that just a rumor?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nightcrawler also has no title yet. For me it is hard to get that both these A-listers (at least that is how I see them) are not in any ongoing title.

And was there not an X-Corps title announced, or is that just a rumor?
    I think of them as core X-Men also.

Nightcrawler would seem to have a few more opportunities to make appearances seeing as how he is part of the Quiet Council.

As far as X-Corps goes, I'm not sure if it is meant to be a comic, or just a story. Or maybe it was just delayed.

Well, does anyone have any idea of what comic that Archangel may fit into? Or is he just going to do nothing.

BANNED

X-Factor #50 Jan 1990
    Judgement War Part 7 of 7: "Judgement Day"
    As the Celestials stand over the city of the Chosen as part of their final judgement of this alien world,
    the combined forces of X-Factor, the Rejects and the Beginagainst battle against the soldiers of the Chosen.
    As the battle rages, Lord Rask clashes with Princess Seera, who is aided by Lev.
    However, the two women are blasted back and after a brief clash with Archangel, Rask blasts the winged mutant aside as well.

Rushing to Lord Palik, Palik reveals that he had figured out Rask's plot to use his winnings from the battle between Archangel
    and Iceman to buy a place as one of the highest of the Chosen and reveals his part in causing this plan to come crashing down.
    He then goads Rask to once more jump into the battle and fight Iceman, who easily knocks him aside.

As the battle rages on, Cyclops leads another group of Rejects and Beginagains through the city
    in the hopes of finding Marvel Girl and Christopher and a means of shutting down the Chosen's power supply.
    Blasting their way into a science lab, they force a science robot to tell them where they might find the two Scott is seeking.
    The robot briefly reactivates the memory banks of the ruined robot Zee-Zee
    to show where MG is being kept and provides them with a map of how to get there.
    While back at the arena, the Reject/X-Factor/Beginagain coalition is gaining the upper hand
    forcing the Chosen to order their Dueler cast to enter the arena and fight on their behalf.
    At first the Duelers comply, but they are convinced by Lev to turn against those
    who have treated them as secondary citizens and help fight their rebellion.
    This earns the ire of Lord Palik who orders everyone in the arena to be eliminated once and for all.

Meanwhile, Scott and the others find Christopher and Marvel Girl.
    Upon freeing Jean, Scott finds that her Phoenix/Madelyn Pryor personalities are dominant,
    with Jean's mind being submerged following her run in with a jammer.
    However, Scott's love for Jean manages to help her push her personality out of hiding
    and she joins the group in finding the power supply for the Chosen's city and shut it down.
    This causes the grid that keeps everyone in the arena to shut down and chaos to explode in the area.

As the battle rages on Dykon manages to climb up into the stands
    and battle Palik who uses his powers to partially blind the Beginagain.
    This doesn't stop him from grabbing Palik and threatening to kill him when Seera
    convinces him to spare Palik because if Palik is killed Dykon's vision can not be restored.
    Dykon gives Palik a choice: restore his and Archangel's vision or die.

With his vision restored, Archangel renews his attack on Rask and in the moment of fury,
    slays the would-be ruler of the Chosen with his razor sharp feathers.

Scott and the others arrive at the scene as well as Zharkah with a group of Reject warriors and Reyest with the other Beginagain Elders.
    With the leaders of all three races gathered, they all begin to realize that the Celestials are beginning to make their final judgement.
    With Arishem preparing to give his thumbs-up/thumbs-down judgement, Ship arrives to take X-Factor to safety.
    However the group refuses to abandon this planet or its people for their own safety and turn Christopher over Ship to take away just in case.

Seeing that strangers from another world would be willing to sacrifice their lives to save their world,
    the leaders of the Rejects, Beginagains and Chosen all agree to work together to try and stop the Celestials.
    When Reyest detects a great cosmic power in Marvel Girl, she tries to use the remaining power of Phoenix Force in her to channel against the Celestials.
    Afraid to unleash this power alone, MG channels it through Cyclops who fires a massive optic blast at Arishem's hand, obliterating it.
    This seems to be the course of action the Celestials were hoping for, as as soon
    as Arishem was made incapable of judging the planet, the Celestials flee the scene.
    Marvel Girl is happy to find that the two other personalities had merged with the rest of her mind leaving her fully Jean Grey.
    As the Celestials leave in their massive ship, they drop another device like X-Factor's ship to record this world's progress.

With the road to peace beginning between the three tribes of this world, X-Factor bids farewell to their leaders.
    Before they leave, Archangel and Ship have a gift for Seera: Zee-Zee, repaired and restored to her former sentient glory.
    X-Factor then heads off into space, glad to be heading back home.
    Just before they shoot off into hyperspace, they pass the Starjammer. Not recognizing the ship, Ship speeds off,
    unaware that its passengers were in close proximity with their former leader Charles Xavier on the other ship.
    Despite Xavier's deathly state, he detects his original students.
    However when Lilandra and Sikorsky come to his aid, they wonder if Xavier truly did connect with his
    former students or if they were merely just hallucinations brought on by his continued deterioration.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Rich Buckler and Al Milgrom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    X-Factor #50 Jan 1990

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Rich Buckler and Al Milgrom.
    I loved this arc, including the interlude that introduced a bunch of teenage new mutants. I wish Marvel would visit this world again. It had so many interesting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    [CENTER]X-Factor #50 Jan 1990
    Thank you for continuing to post your recaps of Judgement War, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.
    I believe that I may have told you in last years Archangel appreciation thread, but I never really cared for Judgement War, outside of the Archangel interlude story, until you started posting your recaps on it. They caused me to reread the issues, and I really came to enjoy them.

Your recaps reminded me of how great of a character that Ship was. I actually voted for Ship as my most missed X-character in this years CBR X-Men fan awards for this past year because of these.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I loved this arc, including the interlude that introduced a bunch of teenage new mutants. I wish Marvel would visit this world again. It had so many interesting characters.
    Yeah, I agree. It would be neat to see this alien world again, and see just what happened to these characters and their planet.

I don't think I ever got around to posting these. The first ones not finished, but I forgot what else I was going to do with it.

P_20200219_141020_1.jpg

IMG_20190529_130537_223.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't think I ever got around to posting these. The first ones not finished, but I forgot what else I was going to do with it.
    They look great. You should finish the first one.

Never forget!

Last edited by DragonKent17; 02-20-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

P_20200219_141020_1.jpg

IMG_20190529_130537_223.jpg
    These pictures of yours look great! Give yourself a round of applause!
    The first one looks like Archangel's Horseman of Life outfit that Nate gave him in X-Men Disassembled, am I correct? It looks great already, and you really should finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    They look great. You should finish the first one.

Never forget!
    Hmm, you like Hippie Angel. Not to be confused with Aaron's NuAngel. Was this from Brubaker or Fractions Uncanny X-Men? It was an interesetng story, involving Regan.
    I prefer metal winged Angel, but this was an interesting change of pace for an Angel story.

Is a good picture. Angel looks a little to much like a pretty boy there. Just my opinion.
    But, I may be biased, seeing as I prefer metal winged Archangel.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-20-2020 at 10:04 PM.

It's been a little while since I was last able to log onto this forum.
    I forgot to mention in The Marvel Announces Empyre X-Men thread that I hope that this comic will fully explain what Archangel's current status is. I believe that I read in an X-Men Monday interview with Hickman that Archangel had gone through some power changes.

BANNED

X-Factor #51 Feb 1990
    "Home!" First appearances of Opal Tanaka and Charlotte Jones.
    In New York, two surviving Morlocks, Mole and Chicken Wing, are hunted by Sabretooth.
    Chicken Wing is killed, but Mole uses his power to escape into a building.
    Watching from Apocalypse's base in the Himalayas, Caliban yearns to go to New York
    and use his new powers to kill Sabretooth, but Apocalypse insists he must have patience.
    Meanwhile, X-Factor returns to Earth, and Ship lands himself upright
    where the old X-Factor building was, transforming himself into a skyscraper.
    Elsewhere, Opal Tanaka discovers Mole in
    the basement of the record store where she works, but agrees to let him stay.
    Back at Ship, X-Factor's return has caught the attention of the press and the police, but their helicopters are caught in a scrum
    and X-Factor springs into action to rescue everyone, including police officer Charlotte Jones.

On the ground, they hold a press conference,

where Beast is reunited with Trish Tilby. But Archangel is uncomfortable with the attention,
    and feeling his wings responding to his fury, he flies off before he hurts someone.

The press is dismayed, but Charlotte Jones sticks up for him. Sabretooth watches from a nearby rooftop as Archangel flies by,
    while in the Himalayas, Caliban disobeys Apocalypse and teleports himself to New York.
    However, this pleases Apocalypse, who wanted Caliban to take the initiative, believing that,
    in time, Caliban's predations will cause all mutants to come together in strength to stand against him.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's still more than a bit concerning that so far Warren has done little to nothing in Krakoa or whatever, also wondering when he and Betsy are going to have a talk after all of her changes recently...still love those two together...
    They even had a limited series together.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Walt Simonson's Archangel is the best:

Even without the death-skull helmet, he's still cool:

Apocalypse looks like he is doing a power-point presentation.

"As you can see gentlemen, the infographics dont lie to us"