Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They may mentor younger characters but they're not stuck on a book where it's all about the younger characters, when Logan was mentoring Jubilee they were both still in one of the main books, one on one mentoring is different than Warren's upcoming storyline...
    And where exactly has Warren been in the past year to now......?

Does Archangel definitely even have a recurring role in the Children of the Atom comic? I thought that the comic was mostly about the new kids, with a little bit of mentoring from all of the adult members of the group. I was under the impression that Archangel wouldn't have a very big role. Did I miss something?

I don't mind the idea of Archangel being used as a mentor figure for new, younger characters. It gives him something new that he hasn't really done before.
    I'm not all that excited about Children of the Atom though, because I honestly just don't care for sidekick characters. Sidekicks are more of a DC type of thing, and that's one reason that I'm not fond of DC's comics. The only one of Marvel's sidekick characters that I even cared for all that much was Honey Badger. And I even got burned out by her pretty fast. Still, I will give the comic a chance, and judge the comic after I have read some of it. Seems like the only smart thing to do.

I don't agree with the idea that being in a mentor role could somehow cause Archangel to be sidelined and kept out of other X-comics. He's already going to appear in the Empyre event. Plus, Archangel was shown on that big picture of all the characters that would appear in X-Men. Being on that picture with the other cast members of X-Men doesn't mean that Archangel will have a big role, but it also shows that he wont be completely ignored just because he may have some sort of mentor role in Children of the Atom
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-08-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Just saying that it's possible as a writer could view it as that he is already doing something, being the mentor and busy...as so far none of the books have him as being on the roster, more so that he's just a momentary guest star or one of the characters included that will show up, along with many others...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Does Archangel definitely even have a recurring role in the Children of the Atom comic? I thought that the comic was mostly about the new kids, with a little bit of mentoring from all of the adult members of the group. I was under the impression that Archangel wouldn't have a very big role. Did I miss something?

I don't mind the idea of Archangel being used as a mentor figure for new, younger characters. It gives him something new that he hasn't really done before.
    I'm not all that excited about Children of the Atom though, because I honestly just don't care for sidekick characters. Sidekicks are more of a DC type of thing, and that's one reason that I'm not fond of DC's comics. The only one of Marvel's sidekick characters that I even cared for all that much was Honey Badger. And I even got burned out by her pretty fast. Still, I will give the comic a chance, and judge the comic after I have read some of it. Seems like the only smart thing to do.

I don't agree with the idea that being in a mentor role could somehow cause Archangel to be sidelined and kept out of other X-comics. He's already going to appear in the Empyre event. Plus, Archangel was shown on that big picture of all the characters that would appear in X-Men. Being on that picture with the other cast members of X-Men doesn't mean that Archangel will have a big role, but it also shows that he wont be completely ignored just because he may have some sort of mentor role in Children of the Atom
    Agreed. I definitely look forward to him in Empyre bc I want to see him interact with M, Magik and Polaris

Just saying that it's possible as a writer could view it as that he is already doing something, being the mentor and busy...as so far none of the books have him as being on the roster, more so that he's just a momentary guest star or one of the characters included that will show up, along with many others...
    Yet every single one of the other mentors are appearing in other books, yet somehow only Warren would be blocked bc of this role? Yeah, make that make sense

Ultimate Member

My point was that so far Warren isn't exactly showing up regularly in other books at the moment, so Marvel could easily just put the lions share of his appearances as a mentor for the younger kids rather than actually out doing something in the main books...where he should be...

I still fail to see how that would prevent anyone else from using him. His role here will be limited and supporting at best, like all the other mentors, whom again are largely appearing regularly elsewhere. Warren's lack of exposure isnt bc of COTA. He hasnt had a major role since Remender's UXF almost 10 years ago at this point
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-08-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't say that he couldn't or shouldn't appear in other books, it's just that right now this seems to be the only book that he's in, and he deserves better than a sideline role that he's gotten lately...

My point was that so far Warren isn't exactly showing up regularly in other books at the moment, so Marvel could easily just put the lions share of his appearances as a mentor for the younger kids rather than actually out doing something in the main books...where he should be...
    I didn't say that he couldn't or shouldn't appear in other books, it's just that right now this seems to be the only book that he's in, and he deserves better than a sideline role that he's gotten lately...
    Logan, buddy, I think that this is being blown out of proportion a little. As far as we known, Archangel simply isn't being used because no one wants to use the character, not because of COTA. If a writer wanted to use Archangel and had a good idea for the character, then I doubt that an editor would say no just because Archangel will be making some small appearances in COTA.

And hell, for all we know, there may have been plans to use Archangel in a comic to be published in a later wave of X-comics. We really don't know what was being planned for the character before the Corona virus happened. And, we don't know what still may be being planned, if the virus hasn't thrown off Marvel's publishing plans.

I do agree that it would be nice to see Archangel appear more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I still fail to see how that would prevent anyone else from using him. His role here will be limited and supporting at best, like all the other mentors, whom again are largely appearing regularly elsewhere. Warren's lack of exposure isnt bc of COTA. He hasnt had a major role since Remender's UXF almost 10 years ago at this point
    I wouldn't say that Archangel has gone years without getting any sort of major role. Warren had what appeared to be a major role starting with the army of Sleeper Mutants in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men. I really enjoyed the character work that Archangel received in that comic, and he received plenty of it in that Comic. Warren also received a good share of the panel time in both Soule's Astonishing X-Men as well as the Disassembled story that opened up the most recent run of Uncanny X-Men.
    I didn't always care for the stories that Archangel appeared in, but he did receive a good amount of attention.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-09-2020 at 06:40 AM.

I’d have had Emma invite Warren to be her White Consort.

And I’d have had Sebastian invite Logan to be his Black Consort.

Leaving Kitty to approach Karma over a drink and a missed connection...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’d have had Emma invite Warren to be her White Consort.

And I’d have had Sebastian invite Logan to be his Black Consort.

Leaving Kitty to approach Karma over a drink and a missed connection...
    Huh. Are ya trolling our thread and those of us who post in it or are you just making fun of it. I kind of hope that it's both

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I wouldn't say that Archangel has gone years without getting any sort of major role. Warren had what appeared to be a major role starting with the army of Sleeper Mutants in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men. I really enjoyed the character work that Archangel received in that comic, and he received plenty of it in that Comic. Warren also received a good share of the panel time in both Soule's Astonishing X-Men as well as the Disassembled story that opened up the most recent run of Uncanny X-Men.
    I didn't always care for the stories that Archangel appeared in, but he did receive a good amount of attention.
    Warren still wasn’t really Warren in Bunn’s run and whatever he had planned for those sleeper agents, he never got a chance to execute. He was a drone early on and after getting “fixed”, he pretty much disappeared. He was in AXM and UXM but those were far from what I’d consider major roles. Supporting at best. Remove him and not much changes for the overall plots as he wasn’t integral. UXF was the last major story for him

Lets face the facts. Warren was/is at his best when he is nothing more than Apocalypse's slave. I know it, you know it, and marvel knows it. That is why he always falls back to Archangel persona after getting "fixed" time after time.

If Warren has any sense he would fall to Apocalypse's feet and beg him to become his horseman again.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Lets face the facts. Warren was/is at his best when he is nothing more than Apocalypse's slave. I know it, you know it, and marvel knows it. That is why he always falls back to Archangel persona after getting "fixed" time after time.

If Warren has any sense he would fall to Apocalypse's feet and beg him to become his horseman again.
    That's kinda kinky...