Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Kindreds Plot: Peters Biggest Regrets/Mistakes

So to try and deduce Kindred, I’ve looked back and realised all of Kindreds plan thus far has been to dig up Spideys old mistakes.

Sin-Eater is one, as Peter in 850 explains himself that he regrets not believing Stan before he died.

So what are Spideys biggest mistakes, or his biggest regrets?

Naturally, Uncle Ben is the biggest. Who knows if Spencer will go that far, though.

Failing to save Gwen Flash. Missing dates or important events due to his duty as spiderman. Missing paying his rent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Gwen's death and the pact (Peter and MJ would have a daughter).

Mighty Member

Gwen's death is an interesting one. Yes, he failed to save her, but it isn't quite like Uncle Ben's death where he behaved negligently and that resulted in her death. He did everything he could to save her in the moment.

He was certainly at fault for having a serious relationship with Gwen (and later Mary Jane) while lying to her about being a vigilante and putting her in harm's way. Gwen signed up to date Peter, not Spider-Man. Had she been allowed to make an informed decision, she may not have chosen that lifestyle. (It's interesting that both the Sam Raimi and Marc Webb films altered this aspect of the mythology. Raimi's Peter sacrificed romance and distanced himself from MJ to protect her, and Webb's Peter revealed his secret to Gwen at the beginning of their relationship.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

Naturally, Uncle Ben is the biggest. Who knows if Spencer will go that far, though.
    The biggest has to be trading his marriage to Mephisto. A small part of Peter still remembers it and it's the reason why he's been generally unhappy and miserable since OMD happened, and should Peter ever find out, he would totally flip the f--k out.

But to be honest, I am not in the Kindred guessing game anymore. I am here for the ride. I pitched my own Kindred theory and am not certain about it any longer and I am okay with that. Let's see what Spencer's got.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 10-11-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The biggest has to be trading his marriage to Mephisto. A small part of Peter still remembers it and it's the reason why he's been generally unhappy and miserable since OMD happened, and should Peter ever find out, he would totally flip the f--k out.

But to be honest, I am not in the Kindred guessing game anymore. I am here for the ride. I pitched my own Kindred theory and am not certain about it any longer and I am okay with that. Let's see what Spencer's got.
    He's been miserable and unhappy before OMD happened. He's completely at whims of his writers and absolutely nothing is going to change that.

I have to add that he should regret the way he treated both Betty Brant and Debra Whitman, especially Debra as she was so vulnerable mentally.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I have to add that he should regret the way he treated both Betty Brant and Debra Whitman, especially Debra as she was so vulnerable mentally.
    Betty at least was kinda shitty as a girlfriend too, and there was that whole thing of whether or not she cheated on Peter with Ned, so yeah, in her case Peter's negligence is more complex.

Debra though, oh boy, Peter ran out on her way too often, and did little to apologize, hell, in spirit, his relationship with Liz in the Spectacular cartoon is a lot like Debra's, only probably less bad lol.

Anyways, there's him murderning Charlemagne, other times he was a lousy friend, not being able to save Ben, and Mattie, and Cassandra, bringing the symbiotes to Earth... There's a lot of **** to list lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So to try and deduce Kindred, I’ve looked back and realised all of Kindreds plan thus far has been to dig up Spideys old mistakes.

Sin-Eater is one, as Peter in 850 explains himself that he regrets not believing Stan before he died.

I would add saving Norman Osborn which led to Gwen dying as another mistake. What I do not like is Peter being punished over and over for the mistakes that he is made. Earlier I made a list of my favorite Spider-Man stories and two of them were Requiem and ASM 50 and they were both for the same reason: The need for Spider-Man despite the price that Peter pays for being Spider-Man. It has been proven over and over.

Fantastic Member

-Revealing his identity to the world/allying with Stark initially in Civil War
    -Half measures with Osborn. All of his solutions were ones that allowed the Goblin to return and people died as a result.

-Letting Billy get beaten
    -Letting Mattie Franklin get sacrificed
    -OMD in general, by metric of:
    -Making deal with the devil to undo actions that were a result of him
    -Having Strange make everyone forget about Parker's identity

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    -Half measures with Osborn. All of his solutions were ones that allowed the Goblin to return and people died as a result.
    I've been thinking this is what Julia meant when Peter said "I made a different choice" and she replied with "No, you didn't.", 'cause all Peter did was push Norman away from that ship, which doesn't guarantee that he's going to live or die, so it's yet another half measure with Norman, which somehow he didn't realize there lol.

-Letting Mattie Franklin get sacrificed
    Which honestly he really shouldn't blame himself too much for that, by the point he learned about the Spider-People being hunted, Mattie was already captured and about to be sacrificed, but hey, Spidey loves to blame himself anyways lol.

-Having Strange make everyone forget about Parker's identity
    That one wouldn't be on the regret part as much, we did have bad **** like that causing the whole bullshit with Felicia, but it was mostly benefitial since even Norman didn't know who he was for a while, unless he's subconsciously aware that the events of OMIT happened because of OMD.

I wonder what Kindred really wants. Unless I'm mistaken, he never once said he wanted Peter dead. Kindred wants Spider-Man to pay for his sins, to face the truth together.

In other words, he wants Peter to suffer from a mistake he has made in the past - a mistake that he may very well not be aware of.

What mistakes could Peter have made that he does not remember? At the moment only OMD comes to my mind.

perhaps Kindred was created as a result of Mephisto's manipulation of time, suspended between life and death because of Parker's decision in OMD? this theory would fit Harry and Pre-OMD Peter. Maybe Kindred has some deal with Mephisto, to get Peters soul into hell.

Walking in on Aunt May and Jay.......

Being a Mets fan.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Being a Mets fan.
    That’s petty even by Fandom standards...