Page 368 of 402 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 6026
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    To be fair, she's more blond than bleached in that picture. And she has eyebrows!
    (It's a joke.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

Color the catsuit white and she's basically Sharon Carter (although she basically looks like Yelena anyways)...

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    (It's a joke.)
    Yes, I know.

This is awkward.

Uh...who's excited for Infinity Countdown?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yes, I know.

This is awkward.

Uh...who's excited for Infinity Countdown?
    I am...sorta? I wish it were written by Jim McCann like the Captain Marvel one. I don't even like Captain Marvel, but McCann wrote the heck out of it (way better than the Captain Marvel Generations issue by Stohl).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I am...sorta? I wish it were written by Jim McCann like the Captain Marvel one. I don't even like Captain Marvel, but McCann wrote the heck out of it (way better than the Captain Marvel Generations issue by Stohl).
    That reminds me; I bought the Captain Marvel comic because it got rave reviews and because it was written by Jim McCann, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Gotta do that...

Still, with Natasha having been out of comission for so long and only having an active role in 2 of the ToS issues, it'll be nice to see her leading a book again, even if it's just a single issue.

BLEACH RETURNS! Nooooooo.
    hehehe.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I've wondered whether Jim McCann or Duane Swierczynski was the one to decide Red Guardian-as-Ronin as the villain for Widowmaker, since that mini clearly seems to follow from the plotline that was set up in Swierczynski's run but the twist also seems like the sort of deep cut McCann would use. I liked the way McCann wrote Natasha in his issues of Widowmaker, even if Natasha did come off as a little self-serious.

I'm eager to see how the Infinity Countdown one-shot turns out, though. I liked the combo of Gerry Duggan and Nik Virella on Natasha for that 1872 mini during Secret Wars.
    Again, I think Natasha would have made more sense taking Daredevil's role in the Hunt for Wolverine stuff (she actually has experience tracking people down, and she's actually close friends with Logan unlike Matt), but I suspect that Soule wasn't interested in using Natasha and that Duggan was. I could see them having made a trade since Logan obviously wasn't going to stay available for Countdown because of the Hunt for Wolverine thing, and I like the way Duggan used her friendship with Logan to introduce her into this series.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 06-04-2018 at 01:57 PM.

blench widow.jpg

Bleach no more....

red widow.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    blench widow.jpg

Bleach no more....

red widow.jpg
    Beauty, truth, and goodness prevail!

Black Widow character poster from the Marvel Studios 10 year anniversary stuff:

It's taken from the promo materials from Cap 2. Kind of wish they had used the Civil War look, but I don't think they shot a lot of BW-centric promo stuff for that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

It's taken from the promo materials from Cap 2. Kind of wish they had used the Civil War look, but I don't think they shot a lot of BW-centric promo stuff for that movie.
    in love.jpg

Astonishing Member

Not to derail but I'm working on reading through the second Black Widow/Red Widow novel. Red Vengeance.

Nothing too crazy overall so far but I think they're fun books. I'm a third of the way through it.

Might be an odd question but have the events of the books ever been referenced in Black Widow's comics?

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

That was definitely my favourit Nat look in the Movies.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Might be an odd question but have the events of the books ever been referenced in Black Widow's comics?
    Red Widow has shown up in a couple of short comics attached to the end of the SHIELD 50th Anniversary: Mockingbird one-shot and Ms. Marvel v4 #12. Both of them felt like promotional comics for Forever Red and Red Vengeance, respectively, and they were both written by Margaret Stohl. It's not explicit as to whether they take place in any comics universe, but they've never been referenced in anything else.

As for the books themselves, they seem to take place in their own continuity that takes a little from the comics, a little from the movies, and adds some of its own perspective. So I don't think the events of either book are supposed to have been experienced by Natasha in the 616. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to adapt Red Widow into a Black Widow story at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I love how sleek that look is. The fabric looked breathable but also dark and high-quality, and it didn't have too many extraneous details like piping and paneling.
    But I also love how the Civil War look goes for the full gloves, and I kind of like its bulky Widow's Bites that let her shoot blasts of electricity like in the comics. Her hair in Civil War is my favorite, too. We should do a ranking of her costumes sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Perfect!

PERFECT.jpg