Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I was not a regular reader of the first volume, but I am excited for this. I thought Whitley did a good job with the issues that I did read, and I am excited for more of Jan and Mockingbird in volume 2!

This is also not the first time that TPB sales have helped to sustain a lower selling series or bring back a series, so I'm not sure why people seem so surprised or skeptical about it now. One example is Dan Slott's SHE-HULK run. The first run only ran for 12 issues, but it was relaunched several months later for a more successful, longer-lasting run, and one of the factors cited was the TPB sales.
    It’s hard to read anything with Mockingbird nowadays. After Cain ruined her character.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    I don't really care about Nadia, but I'd love another Black Knight.

spoilers:
    I'm just here for the shenanigans.
    end of spoilers
    It's not a problem to prefer certain characters. I would take a book about a long list of characters before Nadia myself. The biggest problem is the hypocrisy and selective outrage that exists in the comic book fandom. If Marvel announced right now relaunches for Cable, Iron Fist and Black Bolt, all of which had cancelled books recently, you can be SURE you wouldn't have the usual suspects trying to argue those books shouldn't exist. It's not really about some people genuinely caring about Marvel and their business decision; it's about some fans simply needing their personal views to be validated. Whenever a book they dislike is published, they feel personally attacked.

Oh, crap. That's where Gurihiru is going, then.
    If only it had a different writer.
    The very first pages of Unstopable Wasp made me go from "let's try this" to "let's not touch thatis again" at lightspeed, and it wasn't only because of the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's not a problem to prefer certain characters. I would take a book about a long list of characters before Nadia myself. The biggest problem is the hypocrisy and selective outrage that exists in the comic book fandom. If Marvel announced right now relaunches for Cable, Iron Fist and Black Bolt, all of which had cancelled books recently, you can be SURE you wouldn't have the usual suspects trying to argue those books shouldn't exist. It's not really about some people genuinely caring about Marvel and their business decision; it's about some fans simply needing their personal views to be validated. Whenever a book they dislike is published, they feel personally attacked.
    I do not believe that if you were able to speak to the people exercising this selective outrage and hypocrisy with some magical wand of absolute honesty that you'd find them repeating the same answer. Some of them may be on the same highway but they've gotten on at different ramps and they're getting off at different exits. If I liked Nadia and I read her book and I was planning to read the new one and someone criticized it I'd be curious why. If they couldn't leverage a good reason then I wouldn't care. It's the same for the rest of the venom hurled in any given direction: if it's garbage, then it's garbage. Why afford them the luxury of attention? Why respond? (I'm not asking you personally, just asking in general)

If someone wants to be angry, let 'em be angry. Enjoy your book for however long it lasts.

I loved the first run and I'm glad Nadia is getting another run, hopefully it will last longer than 8 issues.

Spectacular Member

I'm not really big on the "arguing whether or not a book should exist" life. As far as I'm concerned if there are fans happy to have it back, regardless of whether I'm interested myself, then it's all good. We are a community of readers after all.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This is an easy pass—call me when Janet gets her due instead of this unnecessary character.

BANNED

I get why Marvel wants these 'legacy' heroes, as they're more relatable to younger readers, but I'm not a big fan of Nadia- though I suppose I'm not the target audience. Also not a big fan of titles with forgettable civilian supporting casts (Hawkeye, America + Hellcat for example). Admittedly I have read only bits and pieces of these series, but my point still stands. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Nadia to be working with Toni Ho, Lila Rhodes or Selah Burke for example, rather than a bunch of civilians?

Personally still waiting on a Janet van Dyne solo which hasn't happened yet, despite her being a founding Avenger. I'd pick that up in a heartbeat.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cebulski's tripping.

I'm glad Gurihiru's back but why are you giving Nadia back to Whitley when her creator, Mark Waid, obviously writes her better.

Extraordinary Member

If Marvel wants to sell Unstoppable Wasp to school kids thru Scholastic, they are going to need a regular floppy series on the stands first.

That is reason enough for them to relaunch the series.

As someone who found Unstoppable Wasp one of the most underrated books of last year, this news announcement makes me so happy. I thought it was the perfect all-ages book and was so incredibly enjoyable, the final 2 issues being a particular highlight. Whitley is a writer I believe deserves so much more respect and attention (he got me to care about freakin Vampriella), and I'm so glad to see him getting a second chance. And Gurihiru doing the art is even better! Even just the concept art is so cute and soft!

Also interesting side note: Whitley said he wrote a short one-off for SDCC that stars Scott, Nadia, and Cassie, so I'm very excited to see that when it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If that were true, they would cancel the books consistantly selling under 15,000 and tell more stories about characters people like. The true conspiracy is the imaginary document showing the great trade sales.
    You mean the characters you like...

Okay, everyone simmer down. There will be plenty of time to argue about stuff like this after Disney realises that it's cheaper to just license the characters out to another comics company.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    This is an easy pass—call me when Janet gets her due instead of this unnecessary character.
    Janet's actually going to be in two books, as she's in Iron Man as well. This has actually been a good news week for Janet fans considering that last week we thought she was in nothing at all coming up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Janet's actually going to be in two books, as she's in Iron Man as well. This has actually been a good news week for Janet fans considering that last week we thought she was in nothing at all coming up.
    Yeah but one of the roles she will be playing is the dreaded "mentor to a hero with your name" There is nothing worse. She might as well be dead. Just ask Hawkeye fans, who are still waiting for the real Hawkeye to show up and rid us of sunglasses shirt guy.