Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ugh way too many Batman projects. It's turning into the Batman Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    They might be meeting actors for the role. Hopefully we'll get some news.

Does DC Have A Frontrunner For Nightwing?

Comic Nightwing's butt is legendary. Finally, an actor that can match Dick's assets.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    They might be meeting actors for the role. Hopefully we'll get some news.

Does DC Have A Frontrunner For Nightwing?

I will support Lewis Tan being Nightwing.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just the fact that they are still doing 2 separate Joker films still leads me to believe DC is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ugh way too many Batman projects. It's turning into the Batman Cinematic Universe.
    Agreed. Further, centering a project on The Joker strikes me as a terrible idea. It might make a good film, but I don't know that it's good for the character.

IMO, no one should ever establish a definitive origin for The Joker, either on film or in comics. Having him appear as a mysterious force-of-nature, almost seemingly spat out of nothingness solely to counterbalance the existence of Batman, is the approach that makes his presence most powerful. That's one of the reasons that I love The Dark Knight.

Retired

I don't know how much stock I can put in any news that keeps calling it the "Extended Universe" when that's a totally made-up thing that has never been an official name for the DC line of movies. The label itself has taken on a negative tone, used by those who want to plant as much misinformation and mean-spirited gossip as they can.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Agreed. Further, centering a project on The Joker strikes me as a terrible idea. It might make a good film, but I don't know that it's good for the character.

IMO, no one should ever establish a definitive origin for The Joker, either on film or in comics. Having him appear as a mysterious force-of-nature, almost seemingly spat out of nothingness solely to counterbalance the existence of Batman, is the approach that makes his presence most powerful. That's one of the reasons that I love The Dark Knight.
    Hated TDK as a whole, watched it once, have no plans to ever watch it again in life. Though I do like the unclear background on the Joker and as this guy said, the idea that he came from basically nowhere to just **** everything up for everyone else in life, I like that. I don't need to know that it was Billy 'No Neck' Thompson and his bullying ol lil Joseph Smith (nicknamed the Joker by No Neck as he bullied him) all through his high school years that caused him to snap and go full on Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Yeah, I felt the same about Wolverine. Sometimes it's just better to not know. A little mystique will go a long way.

Yeah, I felt the same about Wolverine. Sometimes it's just better to not know. A little mystique will go a long way.
    But we saw Little Mystique in First Class.

Yea I liked seeing Wolverine runs across other characters in the past and he just doesnt remember. But when they gave us his actual childhood and all I felt it took some of the mystique away. But having a younger Wovlerine cross paths with a young blade and stuff like that I found cool but they didnt need to give us anything before he joined the military. That shoulda all just been left a mystery.

Eh, I'm all for a Joker origin movie. Thing is, this is all Elseworlds anyways. The 89 film gave him an origin and nobody here is claiming it ruined the character. It may have ruined their enjoyment of the movie depending just how much they care about such things, but no one in comics consider it a definitive origin. Heck, the comics themselves have multiple times given or hinted at Joker's origin as the Red Hood, so much so we all consider it fact that whatever his origin he probably fell into a vat of acids or chemicals or whatever, and yet still people go on about the mystery thing. I say if all of Joker's previous origin stories hasn't killed the mystery so far, one more won't hurt. Besides, it is the only thing they've announced that sounds remotely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What happened to the Nightwing movie? Please don't be one of the cancelled projects.
    Hard to do a Nightwing movie without establishing Robin first, right?
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-14-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hard to do a Nightwing movie without establishing Robin first, right?
    Or establishing there were two Robins, since the audience only knows that Robin was killed by the Joker.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It would be nice if they established Tan's character next to Affleck's "Batman". That way you have an adult Dick Grayson and if they did a solo Batman film you could have him show up. Honestly my take would be to do Affleck's script he wrote.

- Black Mask has hired a group of assassin's to take down Batman. Its near Christmas and Gordon on the roof waits on Batman to appear and informs him that FBI chatter has picked up that assassin's care coming to Gotham to take him down.

"Let them come Jim. I'll be ready..."

Gordon hands him the files as we learn these assassin's are KGBeast , Flamingo , Film Freak , Lady Shiva , and Deathstroke as the main one. But Black Mask is pulling the strings all along.

- Bruce runs the gambit and Alfred urges him to call in the Justice League but Bruce refuses. "Gotham is my city , I will handle it." But Alfred is worried because he knows that its a gauntlet that he's running and after taking down Film Freak (the 2nd assassin after KGBeast) he gets confronted by Flamingo who gets a quick upper hand. Things look a bit bleak....til...

- A blue club knocks Flamingo backwards and some quick hits and punches. We close up and see Nightwing has arrived which shocks Bruce as he brushes himself off and the 2 start to work on taking him down Flamingo. "I could have taken him. No need for you to be here." "Alfred called me , said you were being an ass as usual old man. Now lets get this done." The 2 make quick work of him.

- The film basically has Bruce and Dick repair the relationship. Bruce blamed himself for Jason's death and he pushed Dick away. That he cut himself away from losing people but Grayson stays close.

- During the film as they work on taking down the rest leading to Deathstroke , along the way a young (20/21) cat burglar shows up and gets in Bruce's way. She hands him some information and escapes. Plus she kinda catches his eye. Which later has Nightwing joke that Bruce is kinda old for her. But the information links Black Mask and Deathstroke and the 2 end up finishing things . (Deathstroke could nearly kill Dick in a scene and Bruce conquers his demons by stopping it).

- The end result is we get a KICK ASS ....Batman vs Deathstroke battle. We see Dick and Bruce reunite with the 2 sharing a hug at the end as he leaves. The final scene could see Bruce at the computer. "So what next Master Bruce ?" "I have to find...this Catwoman." Alfred of course realizes as he walks away with a slight smile , Bruce Wayne isn't looking to bring her to justice , something captivated him about her.

The end result is , you can write a happy ending down the line for Affleck's "Batman" that he does retire down the line with this younger Catwoman. And why someone half Batman's age ? Well its a funny dynamic they can play off of. Nightwing can tease and joke , "Ya know when your 60 , she'll be ....." and Bruce can give him a look.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

They should just go for Dick Grayson taking up the mantle, as many have suggested.

I think that will be something fresh for the audience too - especially since Dick isn't as jaded as Bruce. Plus, it will be a different dynamic. Just have Bruce retire back into his shell (well, BvS suggested that he came out of his retirement, if I remember correctly).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Just recast Barry. Please.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!