Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    there ya go
    If it sells well, which currently seems to be the case, follow-ups with other characters seem inevitable.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If it sells well, which currently seems to be the case, follow-ups with other characters seem inevitable.
    i know that's just capitalism, but i'd rather it didn't.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i know that's just capitalism, but i'd rather it didn't.
    I know how you feel.

If it’s done well, who cares, but it feels like it would be a cashgrab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    When you say "follow-ups", do you mean sequels/spin-offs that revolve around these characters as depicted in Spider-Man: Life Story, or separate continuities for these characters that are not a part of Spider-Man: Life Story?

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Does the fact that Otto’s supposedly good now mean that Captain Stacy’s still alive?

I wonder if Flash is really dead. He could’ve been taken to a secret government facility and experimented on.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    spoilers:
    Does the fact that Otto’s supposedly good now mean that Captain Stacy’s still alive?

I wonder if Flash is really dead. He could’ve been taken to a secret government facility and experimented on.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    ...Or...cloned?

Heel Gwen and Warren working in tandem to reclaim lost lives killed in 'Nam?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When you say "follow-ups", do you mean sequels/spin-offs that revolve around these characters as depicted in Spider-Man: Life Story, or separate continuities for these characters that are not a part of Spider-Man: Life Story?
    I'd imagine the easiest route would be looking at what other heroes are up to in this world (IE- a mini-series about Captain America and Iron Man, a mini-series about Daredevil, etc.)

Another interesting idea would be TPB length stories set in a particular time within this world (IE- a five issue adventure of Spider-Man in 1969.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Oh, and 90s issue will definitely bring this Ben Reilly (or “Ben Parker”) back. That much I’m sure of now.

BANNED

edit: whoops, double post

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Oh, and 90s issue will definitely bring this Ben Reilly (or “Ben Parker”) back. That much I’m sure of now.
    I actual thought about this. This could be a interesting way to set up this earth's "Spider-Gwen". In the 90's Ben was around as a brother to Peter and MJ was pregnant.

What if Ben and Helen come back to NY an announce they are going to have a baby at the same time Peter and Mj now married are going to have a child as well.

Helen gives birth to a girl and decides to name her after her 'sister' Gwen. Born in the late 90's or early 2000's 'Gwen Parker' would be around the age of Earth-65 Gwen thus fitting the timeline/age and she would have her father's spider powers inherited. It would be cool if both May and Gwen were cousins/childhood best friends and partners.
    Maybe seeing how in 616 Ben deied and so did Peter's and MJ's baby in the 90's Helen and Ben die (Ben stab and Helen due to complications of childbirth maybe) and Peter & MJ takes baby Gwen as his own adopting her. Both May and Gwen Parker grow up as sisters and Gwen doesn't discover she is adopted and about her birth parents till later in her life but still their daughter and for her Peter and MJ are father and mother even if she wasn't birth by them.

Now I was sad that Gwen died in this comic. For one just for seeing something different in the Multiverse (Gwen dying is to much reptionsion and i like new possibilities and directions to be seen and the infinite Multiverse) but mostly it would've been interesting to see her take on the matter of 'clones' and how Gwen and Helen could of interacted. We got Peter's thoughts before in comics so a new insight/view would of been nice. Peter doing the whole dark brooding and not taking it well and thus causing conflict between him and his brother Ben that wants to be accepted. However Gwen understanding Helen is a living being and is quicker to accept her sister but the sisters both still admit the overall strangeness of it all. Gwen Parker sticks with long hair while Helen Parker has shorter hair.

Lastly while I was unhappy she died I found HOW she died was possibly more dark and tragic then the 616 death. Something that can also lead to different motivations for Peter to be better or become worse depending on how he sees things.

The whole 'they are clones so they don't matter' approach by many online is the same thinking by Peter and Harry. Because of this thinking of one's life is unimported or not equal got Gwen killed. It's possible Gwen (who we and she and they discover is Helen) stating 'they are living beings' NOT calling them "Clones" or "Abominations" like Peter did (that motivated Harry to kill thinking no consequences would happen as the untruthful morels that their lives don't matter based on their birth) has/had this mindset and was the right one. While allowed to be shocked and disgusted with Norman and Miles for what they had done Peter and Harry are equally guilty for think lower of another person's life. If Peter understood all lives matter not matter the birth and life had to be protect maybe he would of expressived though thoughts to Harry which in turn would of made Harry not act like he did.

Gwen died because of 4 people:

1. Norman: Though he didn't know he funded project Gemini (Gemini being twins thus a fitting code name) and was associated doing this crime thus can be also linked to this murder crime and others by default and have more time put on his jail time),

2. Miles: Kidnapping, and illegally experimentation and creating life and unlawful and immoral manipulations of living beings both Helen and Gwen. He is going to jail for murder linked and other crimes,

3. Peter: His negative mindset of devaluing another life influencing Harry's actions to make him think also that way and think he wasn't doing anything wrong destroying the building plus he wasn't going to try and save lives thill 'Gwen' told him to go save innocent lives thus his own delay could of costs Gwens as Peter didn't think highly of the three lives inside to make the same attempt for others. Unlike the other four he will not be prosecuted but has terrible consequences for his mindset, words spoken to Harry, and lack of action till Helen had to motivated him to act which if there was a small hope for Gwen to be saved inside the time not acted to save her cost her life.

Peter has to think about his words and self realization how him devaluing another's life help push towards Gwen's death and make a vow not to devalue somebody again no matter the birth/origins/race/ and other "isms" human's fall into. If he sees his faults then when Ben comes back maybe he'll be kinder to Ben as his lesson learned and avoid that 90's 'Clone' negative mindset that made him a temporary villain or mood.

Peter carrying self guilt for not acting which lead to the death of Uncle Ben AND seeing another life lower then his own which lead to Gwen being killed from a devaluing of life thus motivated him (that hero's guilt he has) to be better hero and most of all a better person after his soul searching and not blaming others but looking within his faults and consequences. To treat Ben better in that his life matters equally vs his 90's actions.

I hope the next time Peter meets with Ben and Helen (maybe Ben and Helen to going to May's funeral which can be a good way to bring Ben and Helen back for this series plus unlike 616 Peter not be blocked from May's funeral) if he does he'll apologize to Ben and Helen (though they understand why as he was suffering and things were messed up and think nothing of him not there) for not seeing them off but also for how he devalued them first and states he'll try to be better. Gwen would then be motivation to not just take action to save lives but never devalue anybodies also. Ben, Flash, and now Gwen's death and from MJ's words (that she spoke because of grief of a lost friend heated in the moment) motivating him to take action and go to the next war in the timeline.

Lastly 4. Harry: For while unintentional murder for Gwen but still murder and attempted murder of Ben after he was influenced to act after talking to Peter while also still not right mindset to begin with due to drugs, his father's malpulation, Peter's words, and the overall shocking nature of events unfolding.

This issue was very dark both in coloring (which is very different from the Cho variant cover that is disco 70's flashy and has life while this is the opposite inside) and tone and doing so not alot of fun but still a very well made story by writer and artist. I hope to see the negative and brooding Peter move in a character developing way after this issue seeing his own faults thus growth as a person to others then the other direction. It will take time, grieving, self realization, and then movement to do so but I do hope that the next time Peter and Ben & Helen meet Peter will be better. However based on the info about the next issues I don't know if that will be the case.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 04-17-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Posts on Issue 2 were moved to a new thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-Life-Story-2
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm still half-expecting her to die given the conversation she has with Peter at Flash's grave, lol.
    end of spoilers
    Well, this might be hilarious in hindsight, lol.

SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY #5 (of 6)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A)
    Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Variant cover by Andrea Sorrentino
    THE REAL-TIME LIFE STORY OF SPIDER-MAN CONTINUES!
    The superhero CIVIL WAR rocks the world! A hero’s death changes everything for both PETER PARKER and his family as LIFE STORY continues into the 2000s!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

BANNED

Here's the cover:Life Story #5.jpg

Peter pushing up the Star is like the Master Planner homage inside it.

And the overall tone can't help but bring to mind this song

Now I'm calling all citizens from all over the world
    This is captain America calling
    I bailed you out when you were down on your knees
    So will you catch me now I'm falling
    - Ray Davies, The Kinks

BANNED

Peter is drowning in Kool-Aid and yelling at clouds.

It's a meta for the whole Spider-Man internet community