Page 1158 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 158658105811081148115411551156115711581159 LastLast
Results 17,356 to 17,370 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    That may be true. I would wager though, that a vast majority of people only buy monthlies because they are either A) impatient and need to have every bite sized portion of the story immediately, B) Are just doing it out of habit, or C) Are doing it from a collectors standpoint. I think if you would ditch the monthlies, all that anticipation and sales would transfer over to the trades. The business model itself needs to change imo. If you must do monthlies, why not just put them out digitally and keep manufacturing and distribution costs down..you can then use any money saved towards paying the creators more or making better quality collected additions.
    For whatever reason they are doing it, they are doing it. Even with day and date release of digital comics it hasn't impacted the monthly sales of single issue comics. Also had the price rise been limited to comics and not trades it may have encouraged people to swap from singles to collected editions but the price of trades (Marvel especially) has been rising just as sharply as single issues. Therefore making that transition less of an incentive.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Not to forget "Best of Spider-Man Vol 1 - 5" and the one from Marvel Knights.
    Also don't forget: The Other, Spider-Men, Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, the digital-first Who Am I?, the OGN Family Business, and Back In Black is collected into 2 separate OHC: PPTSSM and ASM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Also don't forget: The Other, Spider-Men, Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, the digital-first Who Am I?, the OGN Family Business, and Back In Black is collected into 2 separate OHC: PPTSSM and ASM.
    The only thing I am missing is the family business one. Is it any good? The rest is on my shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Are the Original Year Omnis' worth picking up? What would you compare them to in regards to style?
    Honestly, the only reason I picked up the three Star Wars Omnis is that they were some of the very first comic books I acquired as a little kid. I'm 40 now, and while I really love the evolution of comics and modern story telling, I still get so much enjoyment from cracking open Lee / Romita ASM, Giant Sized X-Men, Stern's Spider-Man, Gruenwald's Cap, Byrne FF...and yes, Marvel's SW.

The art and pacing fall in line with what you can expect to find in most Bronze Age Marvel comics, although without the timelessness of Kravens Last Hunt or Frank Millers DD.

I'd say, unless you have nostalgic reasons for wanting to collect the three Omnis, I'd wait until they start releasing the new stuff in deluxe format. The artwork and reproduction quality is top notch and the writing really does hit all the right notes!

Also it should be noted that you can sample parts of these Omnis in the OHC format for around $30 (US). Significantly less than plunking down $125 for a blind buy Each omni contains a comicbook version of each movie from the original trilogy.

Spectacular Member

Do you have the ISBN for the OHC of Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine? I can only find the standard sized Hardcover.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    The only thing I am missing is the family business one. Is it any good? The rest is on my shelf
    It's pretty good but nothing very memorable. Especially the art is very nice.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's pretty good but nothing very memorable. Especially the art is very nice.
    It was notable as the first re-appearance of the post-Superior Spider-Man. However its place in continuity is not set.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF View Post
    Do you have the ISBN for the OHC of Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine? I can only find the standard sized Hardcover.
    I can't find my copy right now, but it should be 0785148906. To the best of my knowledge there's no standard hardcover - for a few years there Marvel was in the habit of releasing all of their limited series directly to OHC.

I love that mini-series. It's madcap fun that presages Aaron's Wolverine & The X-Men run, but with two big name, marquee characters generally speaking and behaving in-voice the entire time.
    Last edited by krisis; 10-12-2015 at 06:14 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Honestly, the only reason I picked up the three Star Wars Omnis is that they were some of the very first comic books I acquired as a little kid. I'm 40 now, and while I really love the evolution of comics and modern story telling, I still get so much enjoyment from cracking open Lee / Romita ASM, Giant Sized X-Men, Stern's Spider-Man, Gruenwald's Cap, Byrne FF...and yes, Marvel's SW.

The art and pacing fall in line with what you can expect to find in most Bronze Age Marvel comics, although without the timelessness of Kravens Last Hunt or Frank Millers DD.

I'd say, unless you have nostalgic reasons for wanting to collect the three Omnis, I'd wait until they start releasing the new stuff in deluxe format. The artwork and reproduction quality is top notch and the writing really does hit all the right notes!

Also it should be noted that you can sample parts of these Omnis in the OHC format for around $30 (US). Significantly less than plunking down $125 for a blind buy Each omni contains a comicbook version of each movie from the original trilogy.
    Cheers Winter Soldier, I'll give these a miss then, as much as I love the Star Wars Universe I do find the older style of comic creation a little hard going.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF View Post

image.jpg

Sorry, I misrepresented the title of the book. It's actually an OHC collecting selected issues from AVENGING Spider-Man & Savage Wolverine.

The Avenging Spider-Man / Wolverine crossover by Jason Aaron SHOULD get OHC treatment tho.

image.jpg

Sorry, I misrepresented the title of the book. It's actually an OHC collecting selected issues from AVENGING Spider-Man & Savage Wolverine.

The Avenging Spider-Man / Wolverine crossover by Jason Aaron SHOULD get OHC treatment tho.
    Nice, Werewolf By Night already on the shelf.

Anyone out there have the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus and would be willing to send me scans of the front and back covers and spine? Going to bind the Complete Collections and want to replicate the omni.

Thanks in advance!

Full list of Marvel OSHC here - it's well worth a bookmark

http://www.collectededitions.com/sto...rvel_ohcs.html

Be warned, looking at this can be expensive!

Yes, definitely a lot of nostalgia and certainly - at the time of - excitement as these were the first works to continue the Star Wars saga, coming out well before Empire. I re-read them years ago (maybe early 2000s) when Dark Horse released those thick tpbs. Granted they don't hold the test of time and some are downright corny. But they were fun reads. I hope they collect them in cheaper format so others can check them out and then decide whether to plunk down the money on an omnibus. I would at least recommend to folks to get the first one and try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJed View Post
    Full list of Marvel OSHC here - it's well worth a bookmark

http://www.collectededitions.com/sto...rvel_ohcs.html

Be warned, looking at this can be expensive!
    I know ive allready stated this but damnable am I sad I wish I found the hobby years ago so I had a chance to get some of these hcs. I know you can still find them but its much harder. I am so envious of you guys that have a lot of these.

Seeing as a lot of the ones that are oop are worth some money its safe to say the ones I have now will go up in value when there oop? I have superior spider man 1-3 avenges & new avengers vol 1 by Hickman and also infinity.

Also have both of hickmans ff omnis. Nice to see that vol 1 is going for more than double what I payed for on amazon.

Not that I would ever sell them its just nice knowing you have things of value or potential value!