Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The trailer was genuinely bad. It really lacks any sense of identity.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    The title doesn't given me comfort. The title seems to be hinting that Rae will be a Skywalker, which is a shame because the whole premise of the TLJ was that she could be a hero/her own person in her own right and did not have to count on a family legacy.
    I'm guessing its about Kylo Ren and his redemptive arc and he'll adopt the name Ben Skywalker by the end of the movie.

Odd name for a title unless Skywalker is just going to be short for a light side force user. Curious if the emperor will play a part or be like that wierd force vision thing in TFA

The Skywalker name will live on in Rey. Doesn't mean there's going to be any actual change to her parental status, it could and likely will simply just be a symbolic taking. Either something she does of her own accord or perhaps outright given by Luke and maybe even Anakin. Either way she'll be Rey Skywalker by movie's end if not at the beginning.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-12-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    The title doesn't given me comfort. The title seems to be hinting that Rae will be a Skywalker, which is a shame because the whole premise of the TLJ was that she could be a hero/her own person in her own right and did not have to count on a family legacy.
    Abrams didn't agree with this and had planned some sort of legacy for the character when he worked on TFA. Plus the idea of her being a Skywalker apparently dates back to Lucas and his emphasis on the grandchildren for the Sequel Trilogy. The only person who didn't get the message was Rian Johnson.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 04-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Abrams couldn't even come up with a freaking title that wasn't derivative.

I think I'll just watch "Return of the Jedi" and imagine better animations.
    Literally no title before now has had a character's name in it. I mean, if one doesn't like it fine but its not derivative. Unless you're talking about the Rise part but if that's what you consider derivative, all the titles are outside of TLJ because ALL of them except that refer to something rising up, basically.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'll watch pretty much anything live action Star Wars. The first two movies have been "meh". I don't expect this one to be any different. I hope the next series of movies moves away from the Skywalker family. It would be nice to see the world outside them for a change. So far, the best new movies have been the anthologies.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Film can be awful for all I care, The Emperor is back, that is enough to get me there
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

i feel sorry for this generation. no story, no progress, what are they to care about?
    i hope sw9 will be a good movie, but imho it can´t be a good triology.

and they advertise this as the final chapter? my old bones hurt hearing that
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I'm guessing its about Kylo Ren and his redemptive arc and he'll adopt the name Ben Skywalker by the end of the movie.
    Interesting. But how do they face turn the guy that killed Han?
    Even if they pull out the Redemption Equals Death trope.

IRRC, Vader/Anakin never killed anybody (in the movies anyway) that WASN'T cannon fodder.

In fact, half the point of having survivors of the Jedi Purge is so that Vader can pad out his between films kill stats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Literally no title before now has had a character's name in it. I mean, if one doesn't like it fine but its not derivative. Unless you're talking about the Rise part but if that's what you consider derivative, all the titles are outside of TLJ because ALL of them except that refer to something rising up, basically.
    Considering Force Awakens was basically a shiny derivative under Abrams, to see him return and basically do a derivative of "Return of the Jedi" as a title is not encouraging. Johnson pushed the envelope and gave us a good, fresh story. I don't want to see Abrams return and do another hokey rerun of a movie I've already seen.

the title does nothing for me. the way they butchered everything, i just don´t care anymore. there are no skywalkers left. so i only wonder what stupid prank they´ ll pull this time. i´ll most likely find out when it goes to stream, cause i won´t stand in line for this crap
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

After the bad taste of LJ, it's very hard to interested or excited about Episode 9. Like a few ppl, I've invested this much time, why not see how it all ends. Probably won't be opening night tho. I'll get around to seeing it. Ugh. I'm sorta glad that after this one Star Wars will take a hiatus, maybe get some better writers and actually have a well thought out plan. and a single director for a trilogy of movies would help too.

Sidious laugh was epic tho. He's too evil and resourceful to stay dead too long LOL.
    Last edited by the nomad; 04-12-2019 at 03:08 PM.

who is rey? what does she want to achieve? we are 2/3 in and she is bland as frag

THERE IS NO STORY

how can the last act redeem that?

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Considering Force Awakens was basically a shiny derivative under Abrams, to see him return and basically do a derivative of "Return of the Jedi" as a title is not encouraging. Johnson pushed the envelope and gave us a good, fresh story. I don't want to see Abrams return and do another hokey rerun of a movie I've already seen.
    did he? it was as much of an empire ripoff as TFA had been a NH ripoff. and you call that good, fresh? that makes me want to hit my head against something solid. what worries me the most, is that they advertise this as the final step in the saga. IX could be a great inbetween movie. but the climax of all the star wars movies? after the non existing storylines of VII and VIII?

waiting for the miracle that won´t come
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.