Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    a brainwashed adult is not the same as a little girl who goes all out on everything.

you think Disney is not going to hand that stuff to Marvel studios?
    The marvel logo goes in front of Fox movies too anyway. All the R rated ones would have to do it leave out the Disney logo. Or have Feige oversee Touchstones MCU movies as if Marvel studios was making them. Disney allows Netflix to make The Punisher i dont think they would say no the R rated movies as long as it doesnt risk the brand. An R rated Spiderman movies can mess with the Brand but Wolverine isnt targeted at small children anyway.

a brainwashed adult is not the same as a little girl who goes all out on everything.

And there is nothing out there whatsoever that prohibits Marvel Studios from making an R Rated movie, especially when Feige has outright stated it as a possibility
    “I don’t think it’s out of the question. When I started at Marvel seventeen years ago, the Blade franchise was doing very well. A lot of people didn’t even know that it was based on a Marvel character because at the time they sort of hid the fact it was Marvel. So, not out of the question, but not something we’re working on right now,”
    http://collider.com/r-rated-marvel-m...ige-venom-mcu/

Disney Studios and Marvel Studios are two separate entities, Disney doesn't release R rated films from their own film studio, but they have no compunction whatsoever about releasing them from other studios they own

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When Marvel gets X-Men back I hope they put them on TV. It will separate them from the films and TV will do a better job at flushing out the core themes of the franchise.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kevin Feige has plans to quickly move and cross pollinate the X-Men/Marvel Universe films now.

https://theplaylist.net/kevin-feige-...rvel-20171207/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    They did a movie where Iron Man watches a tape of Captain America's best friend murdering Tony's parents by strangulation and beating to death. Maybe the MCU is a tad more serious than you give it credit for.
    The Netflix shows yeah...

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    people would rather pretend Disney can only make family friendly films. The fact the such family friendly films as Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Clerks, the Scream trilogy, etc were all made by Disney owned studios flies right over their head
    The problem is that Disney said hey had no interest in making R-rated comicbook movies after the success of Deadpool and Logan.

Astonishing Member

As many others have pointed out, Disney has released many hard R movies.

Logan and Deadpool show that R rated superhero movies can make a lot of money. And they can be done on a relatively low budget. I'm pretty sure that Marvel Studios (and Disney) like making money. And they are very good and making movies that make a lot of money.

And Logan and Deadpool opened with the Marvel logo. So, it's not like the brand will be ruined.

Do you honestly think that Disney will pass up such a potentially profitable move?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The problem is that Disney said hey had no interest in making R-rated comicbook movies after the success of Deadpool and Logan.
    Where did you get this at ? Since Feige himself has brought it up...

https://screenrant.com/kevin-feige-r...vies-possible/

Currently we don’t work on R-Rated movies, it’s not out of the question but currently, no
    With them now getting Deadpool as a R Rated film it likely could happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The marvel logo goes in front of Fox movies too anyway. All the R rated ones would have to do it leave out the Disney logo. Or have Feige oversee Touchstones MCU movies as if Marvel studios was making them. Disney allows Netflix to make The Punisher i dont think they would say no the R rated movies as long as it doesnt risk the brand. An R rated Spiderman movies can mess with the Brand but Wolverine isnt targeted at small children anyway.
    didnt say anything about the logo.

I asked if you (the person i was replying to) thought that Disney was going to hand Marvel property to anyone but Marvel.

I dont think so.

The Punisher has always been seen as a rate R franchise. Not so for the x-men until recently when Fox said F-it. I dont think MS would work like that.

And there is nothing out there whatsoever that prohibits Marvel Studios from making an R Rated movie, especially when Feige has outright stated it as a possibility

http://collider.com/r-rated-marvel-m...ige-venom-mcu/

Disney Studios and Marvel Studios are two separate entities, Disney doesn't release R rated films from their own film studio, but they have no compunction whatsoever about releasing them from other studios they own
    Of course its possible, the real question is what's the possibility?

Has Marvel Studios released R movies?

Of course its possible, the real question is what's the possibility?
    Greater than it was before they had two cash cow and critically acclaimed rated R franchises fall into their lap, well more likely one now unless they can rope Jackman into more films or find a new actor

Greater than it was before they had two cash cow and critically acclaimed rated R franchises fall into their lap, well more likely one now unless they can rope Jackman into more films or find a new actor
    Did i miss something people are talking about this like ita a done deal. I thought negotiations fell apart

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Did i miss something people are talking about this like ita a done deal. I thought negotiations fell apart
    Forbes and a couple other places have said it is back on and basically a done deal.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Forbes and a couple other places have said it is back on and basically a done deal.
    They have been worng before nothing is officiall intill they say so.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They have been worng before nothing is officiall intill they say so.
    Deal is expected to be announced next week.

It's all over the news.

Just saw a beat on it on CNN Money and now PBS.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium