Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The preview is finally here.
    http://http://ew.com/books/2018/04/03/christopher-priest-deathstroke-batman-showdown-preview/

If it takes place in the past, that kinda removes the suspense about Damian's parentage (as if there really was any.)

I'm curious who he was originally going to write this with, King or Snyder.
    Now this is very interesting. I was assuming that this was just before NOPE JUSTICE, but apparently it's a prequel to the Defiance arc, at least, though he's got his Ikon suit and Wintergreen AI (so not insane yet). I'm really, really curious about this all...

I think this interview really shows what people mean when they say "Priest doesn't like Batman." Priest doesn't like how large the suspension of disbelief has become to like Batman.

I LOVE the way he looks at Batman and Slade as trying to save and understand their families. I think too many Batman writers miss that. It's a very O'Neil idea, as well.

I'm very intrigued by Priest promising that the central conflict is not resolved by violence...something many authors promise, but few deliver.

And you can tell this guy's an old salt - he even fanboys about the letterer!

The idea that Priest was originally going to work with a Batman writer (I'm betting Tom King, though he's tight with Steve Orlando, so that might have been a thought, but Orlando hasn't really done much Batman).

Love the phone campaign jokes. I'm really hyped about this!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

“Don’t confuse me with some lunatic who dresses like a penguin”... BOOM!

Slade doesn’t have time to entertain Bruce, lol. I love it...

This is gonna be a blast, great start...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post

Slade doesn’t have time to entertain Bruce, lol. I love it...

This is gonna be a blast, great start...
    Agreed! It's so awesome - all the character moments and setup, and then the great fight. Pagulayan is so good.

Really bummed I'm not in Chicago, so I can't get the C2E2 foil cover.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The preview is finally here.
    http://http://ew.com/books/2018/04/03/christopher-priest-deathstroke-batman-showdown-preview/

If it takes place in the past, that kinda removes the suspense about Damian's parentage (as if there really was any.)

I'm curious who he was originally going to write this with, King or Snyder.
    Based on what I read the tension is gone but replaced by an interesting mystery instead.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Deathstroke #30 goes to second printing, so cool! I know Batman’s presence had a lot to do with it, but I hope some people who don’t normally read the title get interested on it

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ond-printings/
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Man, the motivation behind all this is stupid as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Based on what I read the tension is gone but replaced by an interesting mystery instead.
    I agree - but since I never expected Deathstroke to be Damian's father, I'm glad that Priest just got it out of the way. I want to know - is it Alfred and Wintergreen trying to get Slade and Bruce to relax a bit? Is it someone else? Or a combination of both!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Deathstroke #30 goes to second printing, so cool! I know Batman’s presence had a lot to do with it, but I hope some people who don’t normally read the title get interested on it

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ond-printings/
    That's really exciting news! Hopefully that will mean higher orders for the second issue (#31)! And maybe longer life for the series! Now I'm really curious about the second printing cover...

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Man, the motivation behind all this is stupid as hell.
    How so? I thought everyone's motivations was pretty carefully set up.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree - but since I never expected Deathstroke to be Damian's father, I'm glad that Priest just got it out of the way. I want to know - is it Alfred and Wintergreen trying to get Slade and Bruce to relax a bit? Is it someone else? Or a combination of both!

That's really exciting news! Hopefully that will mean higher orders for the second issue (#31)! And maybe longer life for the series! Now I'm really curious about the second printing cover...

How so? I thought everyone's motivations was pretty carefully set up.
    The whole premise that Damian might be Deathstroke's son.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The whole premise that Damian might be Deathstroke's son.
    Well, that was just a tease to get interest. Because I think the real plot is much deeper...

It's so good to be back. After 4 month of not reading Deathstroke, I finally got the annual so I binged everything today. I really love the cast in this series, hope it goes long enough for Tanya and Slade to see each other again.

I'm very excited for more Batman vs Deathstroke mental battles, great start for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    It's so good to be back. After 4 month of not reading Deathstroke, I finally got the annual so I binged everything today. I really love the cast in this series, hope it goes long enough for Tanya and Slade to see each other again.

I'm very excited for more Batman vs Deathstroke mental battles, great start for this arc.
    Oh, man, not having the annual! That was so important to the Defiance storyline! It was so emotionally shattering - TWICE! And then go on to Chinatown. Man. Really awesome.

I do hope that Priest gets a chance to get Tayna back, and indeed, for Slade to know she's okay.

Fantastic Member

Loved this issue but don’t have much to add. I hope I can get a chance for Priest to sign it at c2e2 this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Loved this issue but don’t have much to add. I hope I can get a chance for Priest to sign it at c2e2 this weekend!
    Oooh, are you going to get one of the foil cover versions?

Always Rakzo

This encounter delivered everything that I wanted and then some. I loved the references like how the Robin who speaks about Batman is clearly Dick Grayson and that little segment says a lot about both of them. The contrast between Bruce and Slade is quickly stated and works nicely for their fight which seems to be just a preview of what is about to come.

Solid art as well. Pretty promising.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Meh. I recall that the last guy who tried that sort of bit got his nose headbutted halfway through his head...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)