Page 17 of 212 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Mark Brooks said on Twitter "No one has picked up on what's in Cable's hands yet"

Looks like a gun to me... Thoughts?
    I wonder if its the ultimate nullifier.

Where is Unus?

Nice to see Randy Watson on the poster. Sexual Chocolate!!!
    Last edited by jsg2295; 03-24-2019 at 02:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Where is Unus?
    He's not needed. Uniscione is back

If Havok really is a kid.
    Which i doubt(probably an x-baby representative).
    Then maybe that retcons the relationshpo between Polaris and Havok.
    Maybe then Bobby and Lorna could have a relationship?
    Oh yes.
    I forgot.
    Bobby is homosexual.
    Totally and completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Mark Brooks said on Twitter "No one has picked up on what's in Cable's hands yet"

Looks like a gun to me... Thoughts?
    ...and he's wearing gloves, the gun could be loaded with the 'cure', maybe he time jumps to 'cure' these characters at these various points in time

Maybe the 10 are an alliance between the villains shown, and they've got Cable

Oh yeah, great work as always from Mark Brooks
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-24-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Oh yes.
    I forgot.
    Bobby is homosexual.
    Totally and completely.
    yes good no more lorna as love bait do we want more kitty pryde
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Moira was one of the founders of the X-Men. It makes a great deal of sense that the central triangle formed with Magneto dead-center has something to do with the creation of the X-Men. Moira did like to sport tight, sexy clothes; an awesome character, a strong, brilliant woman who was brave and sexy and independent. Shameful that the men who run Marvel haven't brought her back. But anyway, time is out of joint in this picture, things aren't quite 616, so who knows.

Not sure what's going on, but I hope this doesn't turn into a real mess.
    I remember the comics from circa Uncanny #250 when the X-Men were believed dead and Xavier was out of the picture. Moira met with Magneto and she stood up to him. Here was an honest to goodness woman, with no powers, standing toe-to-toe with a powerhouse such as Magneto and absolutely busting his balls. But you could tell how much respect he had for her by simply standing there and taking her verbal assault. She supported and believed in Xavier, but again, she was never afraid to hold him to account either. Now that is the kind of strong female representation comics desperately need more of. So I really hope it is her.

On another note, I wouldn't mind a slight revision to history if it means Magneto has a more active hand in the creation of the X-Men. That is a point that makes sense and developed/explored further.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Btw who is that next sitting next to Xavier? Maddie? Another Jean?
    Could it be Kitty?

Moira was my first thought.

If this is the relaunch then wtf are we in now? I thought this was the whole point of AoX...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Oh yes.
    I forgot.
    Bobby is homosexual.
    Totally and completely.
    I don't think that they've made him a kid again, as there's a kid version of Storm in that art as well as the adult version so...no I don't think that they'd retcon either characters biggest relationship...just like they wouldn't retcon Scott and Jean...

And if anything since Lorna isn't in the art at all she could then no longer exist if we're doing the wild conjecture bit...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 03-24-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Another few details I noticed upon looking again at Mark Brooks' promo piece:

- Most of the characters are looking at the viewer but Magneto seems to be looking down to Charles, while Lilandra and Jean seem to be both looking at either Magneto or at Charles as well.

- The gun in Cable's hands... Forge's neutralizer gun? Although it doesn't quite look the same.

- Kurt is sporting his look from his first mini by Dave Cockrum.

- The lady sitting on the bench with Charley has to be Moira. I wanna say she wore similar clothes on her "afternoon date" issue from Excalibur but don't have the comics at hand to verify it. But that's very much her style.

Astonishing Member

Hickman writing the X-Men is great.I will adding these two limited series to my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some thoughts:

Is the new Warps event maybe why we get those 2 new characters that are in the front? Seriously looks like a Azazel/Gambit hybrid and a Magik/Colossus hybrid. Im not seeing Dani Moonstar in that at all.
    You didn't notice the hairstyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Can we not reopen this "all brunette women who have two braids are Dani and one braid are Trinary" debacle?
    It's actually the exact hairstyle Dani has right now (don't forget Uncanny is using retro costumes). There's no reason to bring Trinary into this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She is not an X-Men character. The only reason we have been burdened with her was because of Aaron's stupid obsession with making Iceman badass by giving him tons of girlfriends.
    Actually, although introduced in the cartoon Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Firestar's earliest comic appearances were in New Mutants as a member of the Hellions. And NM is an X book, therefore she was an X-Men character long before Aaron's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    For most of their existence, the X-Men have been branded as a terrorist group by various world governments. They are accountable only to themselves and go about the MU policing themselves and other Mutants. X-Factor (most incarnations) has been accepted due to the fact they were either a corporation working to deal with mutants, a government sponsored team of mutants, or a corporation backed mutant team. Excalibur mostly operated across realities, but the fact Captain Britain served as leader meant they were accepted. Canada loves Alpha Flight for similar reasons as they are attached to the government.
    In Champions #21, new hero Snowguard was wanted by both the Champions and Alpha Flight. AF were just going to put her in a training program, and she chose the Champions. Later in the Champions Annual, she returned home, and one of the other kids in her village mentioned her being on Alpha Flight. She had to tell him that she was with the Champions, not AF. Seems that this kid was surprised that Snowguard didn't choose to join them. That's how respected Alpha Flight are.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    If this is the relaunch then wtf are we in now? I thought this was the whole point of AoX...
    Age of X-Man is a time filler. Hickman was originally meant to do this last year, as soon as Gold and Blue ended.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Underwhelming. Not a Hickman fanboy, so it's going to take more than his involvement to get me to care. The promo image, while very well illustrated, isn't at all inspiring and seems to suggest time travel shenanigans, which I've had more than enough of. Larraz on art is cool though.

Regarding the two unknown characters up front, I agree with the others who think they are AU future kids.