Page 686 of 827 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 12392
    Retired

221 is one of the area codes that phone scammers use when they want to run up huge charges on your phone if you call back. So maybe Sherloque fell for a scam to get the memory machine and he's going to owe even more money than he did before.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    221 is one of the area codes that phone scammers use when they want to run up huge charges on your phone if you call back. So maybe Sherloque fell for a scam to get the memory machine and he's going to owe even more money than he did before.
    I'll accept that.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Are they trying to make the viewers hate Cisco, because I am really starting to not like Cisco. His obsession with this cure is dragging his character down so bad, and we all know his cure is not going to end well for someone on Team Flash.
    Agreed entirely, That said, this was a very good episode. It breathed a bit of life into the Cicada story but, most importantly, returned the focus to Nora, Iris and Barry's need to change the future. I even really liked the Allen family drama this week.

Also, I paused on the Flash issues that were showing. One was a very current issue featuring Grodd, the other one, an early issue of Geoff Johns' Wally West run from the arc that introduced Cicada. Nice touch.
    Last edited by Ilan Preskovsky; 01-30-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Curious to see how they will go with this and depending on the quality of the child actor (which are always hit or miss) Im cool with the child being the true villain or true Cicada who could somehow be pushing her uncle into action along with the doctor. Though I still think the doctor will turn out to be artificially keeping her comatose to push constipation face to do his stabby thing.
    I was thinking that. That Grace is actually Cicada, and the dark matter shard in her head is allowing her to control her uncle via the dark matter shard in his shoulder. And it would explain all of his petulant, child-like declarations (All Metas must DIE!).

Okay, so Gracie was the best villain of this season, with the empty Reverse Flash suit coming in at a close second.

Asked in the same week we had an Arrow episode where Dinah braces herself with a rubber mat to RUN THROUGH an electrified door. DINAH. who has the whole CANARY CRY she could and should have used to blow the door away. But...*shrugs* because plot...I guess.....
    Actually, I took that as Dinah using her head. If she let out a Canary Cry, the bad guy (Alex?) would have heard her, and possibly killed the three cops. By not using her cry and using a rubber mat to burst through the door, Alex wouldn't be any wiser that someone was going outside to turn off the electricity.

Say what you will about Arrow, but the writing has been surprisingly tight this season.

Man, what an awesome episode. So many creepy moments. Everything I thought I knew is totally up in the air now. One thing I'm not sure about--is the female Cicada an adult version of Grace or someone else completely new or her mother?
    I think it was supposed to be a grown up Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Ouch!

I have never gone ice skating myself and most likely never will at this point, though I'm pretty good on roller skates.
    I haven't gone ice skating since my Grandfather took me when I was little. And back then, you didn't wear a helmet when you rode a bike, let alone skating on ice

BANNED

for once Ralph should have told one of the flash family to get off their high horse and acknowledge that they have themselves indulged in Ralph like behavior more than once. particularly remember the amusing moment of barry declaring he was the flash after a binge and the crowd cheering. Cisco seems to constantly always act like he has a chip on the shoulder these days. the memory trip was a excellent sequence combining elements of humour horror call outs sentimental touches and mystery as the parallel memories unfolded. it also made nice use of the racing against the clock trope. I wonder if sherlocque has already cracked the mystery of what Nora is up to and hence why he brought the subject up and then covered it up to indirectly hint at his knowing and implicitly offering to help her. nice episode overall.

No it was one of his ex wife who just scammed him into giving her more money. I didn't like Sherloque character at first but now I like it. The little joke about one of his wife was funny in this eps lol

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually, I took that as Dinah using her head. If she let out a Canary Cry, the bad guy (Alex?) would have heard her, and possibly killed the three cops. By not using her cry and using a rubber mat to burst through the door, Alex wouldn't be any wiser that someone was going outside to turn off the electricity.

Say what you will about Arrow, but the writing has been surprisingly tight this season.

I think it was supposed to be a grown up Grace.

I haven't gone ice skating since my Grandfather took me when I was little. And back then, you didn't wear a helmet when you rode a bike, let alone skating on ice
    Yeah, I'm from the pre-helmet-for-everything era myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Is there any significance to Earth-221 or even the number 221?
    I'm not sure about Earth-221, but I do know Earth-222 is the home of high school teacher Alice Johnson, who developed the power of super-perkiness on a February 14.*

* for the old timers here.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

All the CW shows got renewals...woooooooot

All the CW shows got renewals...woooooooot
    Great news! I wasn't sure about LoT there for a while.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Great news! I wasn't sure about LoT there for a while.
    IKR. And knowing about the renewal way in advance I hope that can lead to tighter planning and plot organization.

Retired

I'm not sure about Earth-221, but I do know Earth-222 is the home of high school teacher Alice Johnson, who developed the power of super-perkiness on a February 14.*

* for the old timers here.
    I was going to make that joke, but thought better of it. I believe Room 222 was Pete Dixon's American History room. Alice may have taught there, but once she became a full teacher probably she taught in Room 221. And Liz McIntyre? What was the room for her English classes?

Alice Johnson's sacred day is coming up soon. The teacher of my dreams. *sigh*

Why it's Earth-221 is obvious (maybe too obvious) as Holmes and Watson reside at 221B Baker Street.

I was going to make that joke, but thought better of it. I believe Room 222 was Pete Dixon's American History room. Alice may have taught there, but once she became a full teacher probably she taught in Room 221. And Liz McIntyre? What was the room for her English classes?

Alice Johnson's sacred day is coming up soon. The teacher of my dreams. *sigh*
    Heh. You're right about her actual room number on the show, Jim. Yes, I also found Karen Valentine adorable even as a little kid.

Why it's Earth-221 is obvious (maybe too obvious) as Holmes and Watson reside at 221B Baker Street.
    I would say that's the correct answer, just like Kimberly Williams-Paisley will be playing Renee Adler for obvious Sherlockian reasons.

I really hope this Nora reveal thing won't drag for much longer, already getting sick of it.

Cicada and Grace are both really great though.