Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Ugh. Aside from X-Men, New Mutants and the Marauders annual, literally all the books I'm reading are on hold or tied up with with an event. Aside from those three, I'll be picking up MJ/Black Cat, Miles Morales (though I'm close to dropping this series right now, so it depends on the next few issues), She-Hulk, and Fantastic Four (for hate-reading material.)
    FF as hate reading material is great.
    The She-hulk write is new but the fact it's old she-hulk is enough for now
    MJ/Cat and ASM(specially the Peter issue w/ Cat and Cap) is for me.Miles I will drop, the clone saga was way to boring and anti-climatic and it's not going better.All panels are online anyways and I think one of friends might buy it so I'll just read from there.

Devil's Reign looks good though

Still not getting how people know what sword etc are doing when hickman himself said x-titles sell better than any other marvel tital digitally. But to each their own
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Marauders hasn't had any Arakki centric stories other than the recent issue that occurred at the Green Lagoon which didn't directly involve any Arakki at all.
    Even I, who has loved Marauders from issue one can objectively admit that Marauders failed at character development for all its cast. It clearly and unequivocally was/is the Emma and Kate show...as exemplified by the most recent issue.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Still not getting how people know what sword etc are doing when hickman himself said x-titles sell better than any other marvel tital digitally. But to each their own
    Good point. Also, not sure why people put so much stock in sales. Disney is a massive conglomerate that derives far more value out of the publishing division as a content generator for movies, streamers, video games, merchandise, etc., than the pittance the comic books themselves generate in sales. Marvel Comics is basically just a big writers lab, throwing stuff up against the wall to see what sticks and might be interesting to bring to some other medium.

Having said that, I do think they’ll change the title of SWORD to something X-men to generate more interest. Because A) Ewing and B) Storm.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm quite excited to see what they do with SWORD.
    And I have that book in which Emma gets her big raise to look forward to (I just hope it's a writer and artist whose work I like and can appreciate)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Both Sword and Marauders have had a lot of Arakki (especially Sword) and in sales both are a total failure (again especially Sword) so you can replicate everything you want, but the people who pay for comics whether in physical or digital are not at all interested in the Arakki, nor in the very interesting Sword plots... and YES I must lower my level of sarcasm a bit. Lol
    (...)
    I would argue that SWORD likely suffered more from constantly being tied into other titles event stories, which can potentialy make it very difficult to get a good understanding of what the title by itself is meant to be about and what plots are actualy there to follow.

Fittingly Marauders also shows a large degree of "headlessness" with many of it's main characters being larglely relegated to backround, the premise being largely dropped or sidelined, decompressed stories that take too long to get anywhere with little payoff and with the comming relaunch can feel like treading water on top of that.

Though i wouldn't be suprised if the Arraki are essentialy an interest vacuum to most readers (if not repulsing them) for various reasons. I personaly feel they are basicly The Neo 2.0 and likely going to suffer a similar fate once the protective hands of their creators are no longer hovering over them.

But my personal opinion aside, i don't think we can blame them alone for low sales on titles which suffer from obvious other problems to maintain a buying readership.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I would argue that SWORD likely suffered more from constantly being tied into other titles event stories, which can potentialy make it very difficult to get a good understanding of what the title by itself is meant to be about and what plots are actualy there to follow.

Fittingly Marauders also shows a large degree of "headlessness" with many of it's main characters being larglely relegated to backround, the premise being largely dropped or sidelined, decompressed stories that take too long to get anywhere with little payoff and with the comming relaunch can feel like treading water on top of that.

Though i wouldn't be suprised if the Arraki are essentialy an interest vacuum to most readers (if not repulsing them) for various reasons. I personaly feel they are basicly The Neo 2.0 and likely going to suffer a similar fate once the protective hands of their creators are no longer hovering over them.

But my personal opinion aside, i don't think we can blame them alone for low sales on titles which suffer from obvious other problems to maintain a buying readership.
    Really? You see the arraki sort of like the neo? I guess i can see that but i'm thinking huge with planet arrako like it's the main thing that rocks my mind out of hickman run in that i imagine a thor run where he visits planet arrako, or cap, or a spider man adventure there and him making friends with some of the arraki, wilson fisk trying to expand his empire there. I just see so much story potential for the whole MU if people went there. Just the omega level Threats characters like Thor, or Blue Marvel could throw down against gets my imagination racing. Or even Hulk going to planet arrako. like imagine Hulk travelling around planet arrako potentially not being the biggest greenest and meanest. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good point. Also, not sure why people put so much stock in sales. Disney is a massive conglomerate that derives far more value out of the publishing division as a content generator for movies, streamers, video games, merchandise, etc., than the pittance the comic books themselves generate in sales. Marvel Comics is basically just a big writers lab, throwing stuff up against the wall to see what sticks and might be interesting to bring to some other medium.

Having said that, I do think they’ll change the title of SWORD to something X-men to generate more interest. Because A) Ewing and B) Storm.
    Yup. Especially because which books get made or cancelled often has very little to do with sales. Runaways had horrible sales, but made it to 30 issues. Silk just got ANOTHER series after endless cancellations and mini-series.

Or even the inhumans for that matter. There is a lot of space on Arrako. They could set up attilian and it would be interesting seeing how they would relate to their arraki cousins. Or like Arrako has a plant that can make an inhuman undergo perfect terrigensis with no side effects. The only rule so far to settling on Planet Arrako is outside the diplomatic ring your subject to their laws. That alone has so much potential. Corporations seeking more land, scientists exploring the new ocean, ateleans wanting to claim a piece, like imagine Namor wanting a piece of Sol's second ocean. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-22-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yup. Especially because which books get made or cancelled often has very little to do with sales. Runaways had horrible sales, but made it to 30 issues. Silk just got ANOTHER series after endless cancellations and mini-series.
    Very true. Captain Marvel has been all over the place and i can't imagine it sells well. When it's on it's on though but it lost me with the Carol/Strange/Rhody thing. But there it is. I also don't get the idea of wanting to take things away from other people. Why does it matter how the book sales or if it exists, get it or not, like it or don't but be valid, but why want something to just not exist cause it's not for you.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Discussions on sales of the X-Men are always so funny.

They come out and its decided they are bad and that the X-Men have failed and this all could've been prevented if writers used that person's favorite female character more.

Meanwhile:
    -X-Sales are usually amongst the best at Marvel.
    -Marvel makes billions, do we really think they care whether a book sells well (X-Men) or if it doesn't? I mean I'm sure they do care but def not to the dramatic levels that sales discussions always reach on here.

Marvel employee: Boss! Our new movie made millions and our new shows are critical hits!
    Marvel Boss: I know! But... SWORD isn't a financial success! I'm gonna have to cancel it.
    Marvel employee: But you cancel the successful books anyway...
    Marvel Boss: Nobody understands me! *runs off crying*

They’re going to want a vehicle to showcase Storm as the highest profile black female Marvel character. They’re also going to want to lean into Ewing with Hickman gone, as he’s clearly their most talented remaining writer. Hence why I believe the rumor is true that Ewing will get a higher profile book featuring Storm, with X-men in the title. And she’ll need some recognizable co-stars, hence why I believe Cable will be there. Plus he’s in SWORD now with Storm, and Ewing has shown he writes a great Cable and clearly enjoys the character. I’d also love to see Gambit and/or Iceman included as well.

Other big names are already being used elsewhere… Scott/Jean/Rogue (X-men), Logan/Beast/Colossus (X-Force), Psylocke/Bishop/Kitty Pryde (Marauders), Nightcrawler (Legionaries)… so put Cable on Storm’s X-men book, give it a great artist, throw in a mix of other interesting characters with cool power sets, and “boom.” Hopefully Sales problem solved. If Marvel even really cares about sales much these days. Physical, digital or otherwise. It’s more about generating new content anyway.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No X-Force due to Lives and Death of Bub
    No more Hellions due to Lives and Death of Ben Reily
    No Excalibur for some god forsaken reason
    No SWORD cuz you all are sinners or some sh*t.

Might as well fast forward to 2023 and read the back issues.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really? You see the arraki sort of like the neo? I guess i can see that but i'm thinking huge with planet arrako like it's the main thing that rocks my mind out of hickman run in that i imagine a thor run where he visits planet arrako, or cap, or a spider man adventure there and him making friends with some of the arraki, wilson fisk trying to expand his empire there. I just see so much story potential for the whole MU if people went there. Just the omega level Threats characters like Thor, or Blue Marvel could throw down against gets my imagination racing. Or even Hulk going to planet arrako. like imagine Hulk travelling around planet arrako potentially not being the biggest greenest and meanest. lol
    Yes, Arakko has a very easy concept to translate to the big screen, in theory at least- it's basically mutant Sparta. Not the stuff for a first X-men movie, but maybe a second or third one, building up like Thanos (Apocalypse in theory would be a part of it, to explain why he didn't show up in the MCU yet). It is also something not just X-men comic writers can explore.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I actually find SWORD more interesting than the main X Title.

My concern is that with several books potentially ending or changing, there are quite a few characters unaccounted for.
    My flag is bacon.