Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

So the pattern is that Zach Snyder has harmful ideas for the DC universe, and then someone hopefully convinces him not to do them. I enjoyed Man of Steel a bit, and was actually more interested in BvS (aside from Doomsday and Diana). The only valuable parts of the Snydercut to me were The Flash and Cyborg parts. The larger point being that I don't think many people would have enjoyed the stories he wanted for the next films

Well it didn't happen, so for that we can all be grateful. I'd rather talk about the Wonder Woman movie we did get which is what this thread is about.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Of course it wouldve been undone by time travel but it was still a sucky concept and would've happened within a movie and not fixed until another film.
    Also would have meant Diana gets killed off in one JL film so she doesn't have much of a role in it, after the first JL film where she mostly exists to hold Steppenwolf at bay until Superman breezes in to effortlessly dispatch him. After losing to Supes in a fight.

For the Justice League's cinematic film series debut? That's just as abysmal in its treatment of her as any of the bad instances in post-Crisis comic lore.

She is getting a cameo in SHAZAM 2 and (Gods know if it will come out) the Flash. So.... that's something. As for what the cameos will affect its up in the air.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Of course it wouldve been undone by time travel but it was still a sucky concept and would've happened within a movie and not fixed until another film.
    Indeed. This whole thing with Snyder's horrendously nihilistic vision for superhero films brings home the realization that his leaving the DCEU was for the best. When you make superhero movies in which three iconic paragons of heroism, love, and selfelessness are turned blood-thirsty, amoral, and/or tormented, you know you've failed (no wonder those three films garnered horrible reviews, audience derision and terrible word of mouth). And all this for the sake of an alleged "complexity" that was so badly executed that it was completely lost in the narrative/visual Sturm und Drang that Snyder and his fans so love. I still recall when Grace Randolph suggested that Snyder would/should direct Wonder Woman 3. Yikes. As problematic and messy as Wonder Woman 1984 was, I would prefer 12 WW1984s than one "Generic Badass B**** With A Sword Decapitating Her Foes" threequel directed by Snyder with all the subtlety and narrative finesse of a sledgehammer to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    She is getting a cameo in SHAZAM 2 and (Gods know if it will come out) the Flash. So.... that's something. As for what the cameos will affect its up in the air.
    I truly look forward to Shazam: Fury of the Gods; based on that YT BTS video, it will be the closest we get (so far) to a superhero film that showcases monsters and villains from Greek myth. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that WW3 continues that path. If CIrce is indeed the villain, the potential for a solid Greek-myth-steeped adventure is there. And who knows...if both WW3 and Shazam2 end up being solid hits that audiences love, we might get a Shazam3 in which Diana and Shazam join forces in battle. One can dream.

Last edited by HestiasHearth; 07-11-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Look at Superman, Batman, Justice League and the X-Men. I think Wonder Woman really needs a good, universally accessible animated series, right now. I think the livac Jenkins movie made an impact, but, not a big enough one, outside of comics, to dramatically boost her popularity, going forward.

I think WW2 needed to be, for her, what RAGNAROK was, for the THOR films - adventure, humor, non-stop action. Why Jenkins, instead, gave us a dull, dramedy-driven, homage to Lynda Carter's show, who can guess?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-11-2022 at 08:37 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Look at Superman, Batman, Justice League and the X-Men. I think Wonder Woman really needs a good, universally accessible animated series, right now. I think the livac Jenkins movie made an impact, but, not a big enough one, outside of comics, to dramatically boost her popularity, going forward.

I think WW2 needed to be, for her, what RAGNAROK was, for the THOR films - adventure, humor, non-stop action. Why Jenkins, instead, gave us a dull, dramedy-driven, homage to Lynda Carter's show, who can guess?
    Can someone explain to me how WW84 was a homage to the Lynda Carter show? I am a big fan of the original series, but I don't see how this mess (WW84) was in any connection to the TV series, except of course the cameo appearance of Lynda Carter.

We had a dreamstone, a Cheetah, a body swapping, plot lines that have no sense of logic and poorly made action scenes. The latter being the only thing this 'homage' can lay claim to, I think.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

While i agree that's what i wanted, Thor was in a slump after Dark World. WW wasn't after her first film. But the 80s and all of that wasn't utilized to the best as it could've been. The trailers were GREAT. THEME..omg i still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Can someone explain to me how WW84 was a homage to the Lynda Carter show? I am a big fan of the original series, but I don't see how this mess (WW84) was in any connection to the TV series, except of course the cameo appearance of Lynda Carter.

We had a dreamstone, a Cheetah, a body swapping, plot lines that have no sense of logic and poorly made action scenes. The latter being the only thing this 'homage' can lay claim to, I think.
    Wonder Woman, the TV show was not a great show. As much as I adore Lynda and acknowledge her legacy, the show had poorly made action scenes, special effects that were sloppy even by the standards of the time, and many of the plotlines had no sense of logic. In that manner, I could see why WW84 could be considered an "homage" to the show. Let's not act like the WW show was some masterpiece of TV storytelling or craftmanship. It was not. And yes, I do love the show to pieces but I can look at it critically.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Wonder Woman, the TV show was not a great show. As much as I adore Lynda and acknowledge her legacy, the show had poorly made action scenes, special effects that were sloppy even by the standards of the time, and many of the plotlines had no sense of logic. In that manner, I could see why WW84 could be considered an "homage" to the show. Let's not act like the WW show was some masterpiece of TV storytelling or craftmanship. It was not. And yes, I do love the show to pieces but I can look at it critically.
    I remember a show about invading aliens that involved putting eggs on people's foreheads, ..to steal their MINDS and sell'em, on alien Ebay. Now, when I was a younger, I knew more than one lady, who would charge you money to do that...serious business (for her). More than that, the egg flashed on and off, like a hazard light on a truck. When I was a little boy, I was entirely intrigued by that shabbily crafted stunt, wondering how you'd fit a mind in that little egg.

For me, the clunkiness of Lynda's show was part of the charm, and I didn't mind at all - of course, it didnt hurt, she was so damn pretty. I do wish there'd been better stories and a recurring arch-villain.

Patty's Max Lord might have made a perfect badguy for that show. He could totally have hung out with Gloria Marquez, Dr. Solano, Cassandra Loren, Gault's Brain and Mr. Mariposa.

Everyone, but Formicida. She gets her own car, for obvious reasons. LOL

Anyway, ..I think a good animated series could inspire livac films and TV - even define WW for another generation.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-11-2022 at 03:14 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I can say this much. spoilers:
    Wonder Woman is now in the new animated universe as she is name dropped in Beware my power
    end of spoilers.

I wonder how the third movie can impact Diana even more
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-12-2022 at 09:59 PM.