Page 526 of 590 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8841

I don't think we really saw that much Mystique. I bet she's gonna die. But yeah, I'm so tired of Xavier/Magneto. Of course they would be shoehorning that in on a Dark Phoenix movie...

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Trailer was alright.not great.not bad. The good thing is that we now live in a world where the final judgement is when the movie is out.
    I love this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think we really saw that much Mystique. I bet she's gonna die. But yeah, I'm so tired of Xavier/Magneto. Of course they would be shoehorning that in on a Dark Phoenix movie...
    Xavier and Magneto have been the main characters of virtually every X-movie they've ever been in together. Part of that is that Stewart and McKellan were awesome, and McAvoy and Fassbender are solid.

Mighty Member

Umm, Yikes.

So would this be different in any scenario?

What context makes sense for Charles and Erik to NOT be involved in this conflict, if they live during said event?

That's like complaining about Stark being still being in the forefront whenever Earth is attacked in an Avengers movie.

Astonishing Member

I think Storm fans will have to wait for the MCU version for a proper representation. Don't think she's going to get much screen time in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I think Storm fans will have to wait for the MCU version for a proper representation. Don't think she's going to get much screen time in this movie.
    Probably the case. Tho, it's always going to be hard to make everyone epic in a major ensemble.

As much as everyone praised Avengers 1, really only Iron Man and Hulk consistently stood out, with Thor getting a bit of shine too.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Interesting...
    Here’s a prediction:

The reason why everyone is pissed at Xavier is because he knew what happened in the old timeline with Jean and knew that Jean’s dreams in Apocalypse where she destroys the whole world were visions of the future. But still choose not to consider Beast’s theory to be somewhat true since he changed Mystique’s fate and remained hopeful. Xavier is suppose to hopeful to naive levels according to interviews.

Astonishing Member

Probably the case. Tho, it's always going to be hard to make everyone epic in a major ensemble.

As much as everyone praised Avengers 1, really only Iron Man and Hulk consistently stood out, with Thor getting a bit of shine too.
    I singled out Storm because there are so many fans and to me she is a core X-Men and it seems wrong to slight her in all the movies she appeared in.

So leave the little girl with no control of her insane power, and emotional issues, at 100% at all times? Yes, because that's smart.
    The point of Xavier's school is to help students control their powers, not bury them and make the kids forget they have them. These are superheroes, they're supposed to find a way to do the impossible.

So would this be different in any scenario?

What context makes sense for Charles and Erik to NOT be involved in this conflict, if they live during said event?

That's like complaining about Stark being still being in the forefront whenever Earth is attacked in an Avengers movie.
    Magneto shouldn't even be around. He's not an X-Men anymore. He was away living his own life on Apocalypse before Apocalypse got him, and at the end of that movie he left again by the end. He could still appear but there's no reason for him to have a major role on this specific storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Magneto shouldn't even be around. He's not an X-Men anymore. He was away living his own life on Apocalypse before Apocalypse got him, and at the end of that movie he left again by the end. He could still appear but there's no reason for him to have a major role on this specific storyline.
    Why would he not involve himself majorly? Mutants are starting to be seen in a better light and her going Dark Phoenix ends that, and makes them out to be monsters, again. He's there to kill her, because she greatly affects his well being, as well as his community's.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 09-27-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The point of Xavier's school is to help students control their powers, not bury them and make the kids forget they have them. These are superheroes, they're supposed to find a way to do the impossible.
    That's some naive stuff. It's too much for her to control right at that moment. Damming it up, and gradually releasing more over the years, as she gains more and more control makes sense.

That's like giving someone with mental issues, who's never shot a gun before, an military grade automatic weapon and being cool with it. That's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I singled out Storm because there are so many fans and to me she is a core X-Men and it seems wrong to slight her in all the movies she appeared in.
    I agree, but if this movie was like the comic story she'd still get pushed to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Here’s a prediction:

The reason why everyone is pissed at Xavier is because he knew what happened in the old timeline with Jean and knew that Jean’s dreams in Apocalypse where she destroys the whole world were visions of the future. But still choose not to consider Beast’s theory to be somewhat true since he changed Mystique’s fate and remained hopeful. Xavier is suppose to hopeful to naive levels according to interviews.
    Makes sense. Especially his his team is loved by human society so much earlier in his timeline. Of course he thinks he's doing the right thing.