Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Didn`t like it. The worst issue so far.
    Gambit and Logan were afraid of Archangel, lol.

Art felt like at sketches stage.
    I agree. The dialogue was awful. How did Mystique know who proteus was? The characterization and dialogue was really really bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Shadow King could always use his powers in other bodies too. I figure telepaths really are just psionic entities inhabiting the Astral Plane, and they can, if necessary, still use their powers in any body. Look at Jean in Emma's body, she was still telekinetic even!

True that... But, that logic did not stop people from claiming that the "TK" (in said issue) that was being used was Emma Frost's latent telekinetic abilities -- despite the facts presented.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-03-2018 at 09:18 AM.

I honestly do not want to believe that the Xavier I know to return to the world of the living would sacrifice another in his place even if it was of his own accord.But they've screwed so many times with Xavier showing him like a jerk that can not even say will be surprised.

I will not miss Fantomex never liked him but did not know if like this Xavier version also.

It's ignoring X-Men Legacy. This is just Silver age Xavier all over again. My gift to you London is happiness... I mean if you're going to mind wipe the city just do it no need to pretend like you're doing anyone any favors

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

True that... But, that logic did not stop people from claiming that the "TK" (in said issue) that was being used was Emma Frost's latent telekinetic abilities -- despite the facts presented.
    the true answer is continuity is contradictory, we just try to make sense of it.
    In 1995 Age of Apocalypse, the original one, Emma was allied to the humans in Europe like Captain Britain, because the telepathic part of her brain had been removed. She had a huge scar on the scalp with no hair around it.

in 2012 Lapham's Age of Apocalypse Emma had her telepathy back, and it was established that her not accesing her telepathy before was like a placebo, that you can't eliminate the telepathy of someone like Emma by removing a part of her brain. IIRC she turned evil when she got her powers back and was married to Dr Doom in Latveria.

Synch also copied Emma's powers and was able to fly. And Emma levitated stuff unconsciously while sleeping. But her being a latent telekinetic was completely dropped when Morrison gave her the diamond form, and I am fine with it.

this was a great issue, and certainly adds to my suspicions that soule will be launching off of this story with an "X" solo title as he has been hinting at recently.

BANNED

Lawd Jesus, this was hot garbage. 'X' is an abomination. Please, don't make this character a thing, Charles Soule.

I wonder if Soule thinks he's being clever. We guessed the whole 'Xavier taking over Fantomex' AND the 'Proteus revealed'. Everything is at a super slow burn and Archangel continues to get messier and messier.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Fair point; Emma too floated some things during that Onslaught issue of Gen X. But what about Federal Agent Reisz from the late Claremont period? Was he a mutant telepath too before SK high jacked him, or no?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder if Soule thinks he's being clever. We guessed the whole 'Xavier taking over Fantomex' AND the 'Proteus revealed'. Everything is at a super slow burn and Archangel continues to get messier and messier.
    I feel like Soule has not read many xmen comics.

I wasn't reading this consistently and now I'm in the store grabbing every back issue. Couldn't be happier. To me this title is very fresh and is going to give the X-Men the strong kick in the butt that it needed.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    archangel seems magically fixed in this installment though.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's ignoring X-Men Legacy. This is just Silver age Xavier all over again. My gift to you London is happiness... I mean if you're going to mind wipe the city just do it no need to pretend like you're doing anyone any favors
    Honestly, if we have to be subjected to morally ambiguous telepaths all the time in these books, I'll take the original vintage model, Silver Age Charles Xavier, thank you very much. Let's get this whole 'feared and hated' thing dealt with once and for all! Mindwipe gifts for everyone!!!!

Also how Gambit and Archangel remember Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    True. But as a counter point, when Emma and Storm switched bodies, Storm got telepathy and Emma got weather powers (with no telepathy left). Same as when Emma was in Iceman's body.
    Shadow King and Xavier are just a tier above Emma, I suppose.